• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'll say Hungary. But I'll watch your game whoever you choose. ;)

Hmm you pretty much had so bad tech lag last game the ottomans would be a good choice now(Good luck with that admin skill btw, took me 200 years to westernize :p )

Well everyone, the votes have been tallied. Here are the results:

Qara Koyunlu: 4
Holland: 4
The Ottomans: 4
and...

Hungary: 9!

And so, I will be playing as the nation of Hungary. I honestly thought Qara Koyunlu would win, so this does come as a slight surprise for me. I don't have any experience with Hungary, so this will be... interesting... to say the least. The first update will be up in an hour or two, or tomorrow, depending on how lazy I feel.

Thanks again to everyone that voted!

You should start on Very Hard difficulty just for lulz...

Mmmm.....

Hungarian Bananas...

*drools*

You should start on Very Hard difficulty just for lulz...
Oh boy, I could barely succeed on normal with Aragon... Imagine the mediocrity!... *shivers*

Anyway, I'll be playing this AAR on all normal settings.
He will probably say he is to mediocre for that? But it would be interesting.:)
You sir, are exactly correct. I think our definitions of "interesting" differ, however.
the problem with this game is that if you DON'T play on very hard, it becomes too easy after you reach a certain size (and thus power).

and I like banana :D
Well, look at how many times I lost to the 20 times less sized than me Bavaria in my other AAR, due to the tech lag. Also, bananas are the healthy fruit of greatness! (After grapes, of course)
Mmmm.....

Hungarian Bananas...

*drools*
*Stares of into space whilst in a dramatic pose* "Huh? .... So.... yellow... mmm...."

How to be Almost Slightly Less Mediocre Than Usual in Divine Wind Part 1​

Boy oh boy, is it update time already? Sorry about not posting yesterday, soccer is fun, but it is time-consuming!
Anyways, enough about me, let's begin this AAR!

So, I start the game on all normal settings, and I begin the early moves.
I ally the Teutonic Order, Austria, and Bohemia. I also make a move to centralized.
My mission, for now, is to get a royal marriage with Austria. This'll be completed soon enough, I just figured allying with Austria was worth a month or two of waiting.
7Adnn.jpg

After that, I get alliance offers from Bavaria and Milan. I also get an alliance with my vassal, Transylvania. The Teutonic Order also pulls me into a war, but who cares!
OtqCt.jpg

After completing my mission to marry Austria, I have to marry Poland, which I do quickly. After that, I get to vassalize Ragusa. Fun! *NOTE: Apparently Ragusa spell-checks into asparagus... LOL**
9MSSI.jpg

War is declared right after the mission is received. Aquilleia, Montenegro, and Wallachia also join. Fools!
xlC7E.jpg

A short war later, I vassalize Aquilleia, Montenegro and Ragusa. My next mission is to diploannex Transylvania, which will be done once 10 years have past by since the start of the game.
rS1Ww.jpg

Unfortunately for me, the Golden Horde now borders me. They occupy a couple of provinces, and almost destroy my armies, before I decide to just off a tribute. Great.
rL7Pm.jpg

I then am able to annex Transylvania. I don't lose any stability due to an event, and my next mission is to create a fleet. Luckily, I only have to build one ship.
ICLwS.jpg

The Golden Horde once again appears on my borders. During the war, I improve my army quality, but lose a stability, for some reason or another.
PB5cW.jpg

Soon after, my almost slightly higher quality troops start losing the fight, so I offer a tribute again.
BagbG.jpg

I complete my mission by building a cog, so I receive a new one. This time, I must vassalize Serbia, who has broken away from Ottoman vassalship.
BKWdJ.jpg

War is declared. Apparently the Ottomans don't suffer any hard feelings, because they are still allied with them.
ZBz3g.jpg

Much later, Serbia is vassalized, and I now must protect against Poland. Unfortunately, I can't really so that right now, so it'll have to wait.
imJeW.jpg

I peace out with the Ottomans later on for Bulgaria. My reason for taking it is so that I now can use the Holy War casus belli on them!
vrK58.jpg

Then, I get my first national idea. Military drill seems like a good choice. More morale to fight the heathens!
JySgn.jpg

I cancel my mission, and now I must vassalize Bosnia. Easy peasy!
0inBx.jpg

War is swiftly declared. Albania joins in, as well.
i03KR.jpg

I vassalize both Bosnia and Albania, and receive a new mission to marry Bohemia. I now have 6 vassals!
ZfJXg.jpg

I immediately conclude that mission, but my newest one is not anything I feel very comfortable doing right now, so it will be cancelled soon. I don't want to attack Poland.
88LPs.jpg

And this is where I leave you gentlefolk. Here, have European and diplomatic maps!
Note the large hordes, and England.
wGOST.jpg

Xt82g.jpg

And that's all for now everybody! Until next time...​

Last edited:
Maybe should be on at least hard?

An idea get some land tech.
Beat on golden horde colonize and expand that way.
To bulk up a little?
Have fun:D

Wow, you got a lot done! The Golden Horde does not look pretty though. I'd like to see how much land you can claim from them :) .

Other than that, care to finish off the Ottomans like last time :p ?

Amazing progress! You've had some very generous missions.

ah, delicious missions for you!

Military Drill is always good for Hungary with it's (relatively) small army - though you've already solved that problem by gathering tons of vassals :D

is Zsigmond (pardon, Sigismund...) still the King? IRL by this time he was elected as Emperor... just for future reference ;)

An idea get some land tech.
Beat on golden horde colonize and expand that way.
To bulk up a little?
Have fun:D
Yeah, maybe after a little while. However, they aren't attacking me for some reason. Oh well. And thanks!
Wow, you got a lot done! The Golden Horde does not look pretty though. I'd like to see how much land you can claim from them :) .

Other than that, care to finish off the Ottomans like last time :p ?
Yeah, if only I could be at war with them! The Ottomans, will suffer, as you will see in this next update.
Amazing progress! You've had some very generous missions.
Yep! Apparently being mediocre has benefits.
Very good work so far! Maybe could be a bit more mediocre? ;)
Oh but this IS mediocre. It just doesn't appear to be. In fact, all I've done is either quickly peace out of wars, or win very easy ones. Once mediocre, always mediocre!
ah, delicious missions for you!

Military Drill is always good for Hungary with it's (relatively) small army - though you've already solved that problem by gathering tons of vassals :D

is Zsigmond (pardon, Sigismund...) still the King? IRL by this time he was elected as Emperor... just for future reference ;)
Yep, he was still king at the beginning of this next update.
Hungary would be fun to see
Well, I'm assuming you missed the above post. Anyways, Hungary is quite fun indeed!
Wow you have so good mission im suprised that you didnt get vasselize Austria just to top it off.
Yeah, but then again I just would have cancelled it, so meh.

How to be Almost Slightly Less Mediocre Than Usual in Divine Wind Part 2​

Hello again, everyone. Let's go over what happened last time before I start going into this update, shall we?
So basically, after a series of relatively lucky subjugation missions, and some wars with the Golden Horde, I have successfully expanded my power in my starting area. Now, what I have to do is expand outwards, but more specifically, South and East.

So, to help me out along the way, I make a slider move towards centralized to begin with.
9jOgw.jpg

Next, after waiting a year or two, I attack the ottomans with the holy war casus belli. Currently, they are both weak and distracted by their Eastern border, so attacking them should be relatively easy.
zWnhs.jpg

And, luckily for me, I was right. After occupying all of their provinces, I take 5 of them for myself.
DlJUm.jpg

Next, I cancel my mission to attack Poland. Now I must vassalize Achaea, who actually managed to gain a second province!
sik51.jpg

After a very quick war, I take on province, vassalize them, and receive my next mission, which is to win a naval race with Portugal. Yay...
anwaE.jpg

Soon after, my first king dies, leaving my with his very good heir, who happens to have a good heir himself! Awesome!
1Egg6.jpg

Me and my big mouth... the King's heir dies in a hunting accident, leaving me with a slightly less awesome successor.

Meanwhile, I attack Venice to take a core a got by event in Athens.
yhcDC.jpg

Portugal loses all of their ships in a war at some point, so I complete my mission, and get a new one to be friends with the Byzantines.
EjRel.jpg

Soon afterwards, Venice accepts a peace deal. Athens is mine.
gbQoV.jpg

Now that 5 years have past, I attack the ottomans again. Let's see if this war turns out as good as the last one.
q3aQP.jpg

It sure is looking good to me. So good, that I take a move towards centralized. Also note the Golden Horde rebels.
Bwc3c.jpg

I finish the war, and take 5 more provinces from the Ottomans. My next mission is to vassalize Naxos, which I'll do soon enough.
Right now, however, I need to worry about the Timurids. Luckily for me, though, they are in the middle of a huge rebellion crisis, so I'll be able to take a province before their armies come.
EaQHS.jpg

I manage to take one of their provinces, before getting peace. I don't feel like expanding into the hordes right now.
eOJCp.jpg

Next up, I attack Candar, whom I think will be an easy holy war target.
Unfortunately, I fail to realize that they are the vassals of Qara Koyunlu, so I can't take any provinces. meh.
Ex7IO.jpg

I end up just negotiating for their release from vassalship. Not much else that I can do. I also gain a core on the Ottomans.
7Un7i.jpg

Now, it's time to attack Naxos. Winning ensues.
bJRP6.jpg

Winning indeed, I vassalize them, and get a new mission to build a fleet. That's alright, I guess.
vb7ct.jpg

I'll finish up this update with this screenshot.
rphxE.jpg

Thanks for reading this everyone, and until next time...