• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm not too disappointed with Milites bringing the AAR largely to an end (at least from gameplay terms). The 'Glorious Revolution' (well not yet, but it may still be so) is a good point to end the continuous narrative, as both a Stuart and Parliamentarian/Orangist victory will draw a line under the era of conflict that began with Henri IV and spread across most of Europe under Nicolas. France is either going to get an exiled king who will do their bidding and a dynamic, decidedly strengthened new rival just a few miles from her northern coast, or a severely rattled king who will do their bidding in order to hold onto his own throne. Either way, it presents a new challenge for Nicolas and the beginning of a new period in European history....

I really liked the Ottoman and Russian updates, as you mentioned earlier, convergence can be a big problem but its achieved very well in those two updates. The way events affected by the Huguenot victory merge with OTL historical ones is well done and very plausible. And as always your maps are superb!

First off, sorry this is not an update.

It is however a teaser of the new after action report I'm commencing in the very near future.

SplashBashimonKage.png

The year is 1477.

For almost a hundred years, the Ashikaga Shogunate has ruled Japan from its capital in Kyoto.

However, the recent Onin War has shown that they no longer have the power needed to control the country’s great clans. The time has come for a new warrior to claim the title of Shogun – and establish a bakufu that will bring the power of the samurai caste to new heights.

Japan is divided between ruthless warlords, provincial governors called Shugo, whose armies are swelled each season with loyal retainers who spill blood in the frequent and vicious battles that give this era its deserving name – Sengoku Jidai, the Age of the Country at War.

11 / 11 / 11

Coming Soon

M U S I C

Last edited:
And here I was hoping for an update. This was such a good AAR!
If the new Japan AAR will have the same epic maps this one had Im already following it. :D

And here I was hoping for an update. This was such a good AAR!
If the new Japan AAR will have the same epic maps this one had Im already following it. :D

What he said. Anything you do is likely going to be excellent.

No pressure.

I'm going to miss good old D'Artagnan.