• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
no idea if this has been mentioned yet, but seeing the RSI ingame more often would be nice.
if lets say ITA looses Addis Abeba, Trpolis, Tobruk, etc + Sicily. i think its in already, just maybe the trigger conditions are to harsh?
+1
Also I don't know if this would be too much hassle but I find it silly that if, as Germany, I invade Italy (under Mussolini) I can create a puppet state with Mussolini as head of state, meaning he's at war with himself while the puppet of his enemy.

Wait, which state is RSI?
The Italian Social Republic, the puppet state of Italy after the Kingdom of Italy surrendered in 1943.

Unless someone has changed this, both RSI and VIC should only be releasable by event. AFAIR in one file revision I changed both to a startdate of 1990 to prevent a standard player release.
EDIT: someone HAS tangled with both as they are avaialble from 1934/1936, should be fixed ASAP.

Wait, which state is RSI?
Umberto Bossis wet dream :D.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_Social_Republic

Mr_B0naparte said:
Also I don't know if this would be too much hassle but I find it silly that if, as Germany, I invade Italy (under Mussolini) I can create a puppet state with Mussolini as head of state, meaning he's at war with himself while the puppet of his enemy.
well once this is out everybody can write evts like the change of leadership or the Verona Trial.

no idea if this has been mentioned yet, but seeing the RSI ingame more often would be nice.
if lets say ITA looses Addis Abeba, Trpolis, Tobruk, etc + Sicily. i think its in already, just maybe the trigger conditions are to harsh?

Yes, the trigger is a bit strange: Italy must have lost her African possessions and Southern Italy but not any provinces in Northern Italy, so if the Allies just advance one more province after capturing the required ones (and in my experience this happens most of the time), the event won't trigger.
I can see why this condition is there, though - probably to prevent situations where Ally troops advance into the North and get sent back home after RSI is released by Italy?
A different solution could be to completely scrap the trigger for the Northern provinces controlled by Italy and let Germany annex Italy (e.g. Germany gets all unoccupied provinces, Allies get occupied provinces). Germany could then release the RSI and the Allies release Italy (probably better to trigger the latter only after the Axis is defeated - doesn't the 1944 scenario start with Southern Italy owned & controlled by UK anyway?).

In 108 the surrender triggers have been changed a lot, now it's an important prov in southern italy + a) Africa and Sicily or Sardinia or b) Sardinia + Sicily . ITA must control all RSI provs to release it, otherwise it won't surrender at all. That's something i plan to change once I get it done for CORE.

Maybe after the major AIs have become a real challenge (which they should be given the massive bonuses/ cheats they are given) to a human player, the minor AIs could be edited with the aim of making them some sort of a challenge too. For example I was pleased to see in one modification the Vichy AI building coastal forts on its French beaches, Lebanon and Syria AIs building land forts in their capital, Venezuela AI building infrastructure in its capital and oil-rich province and many more clearly visible improvements.

My list is really simple. Give Iraq more power and potential. Iraq deserves to be more significant than what it is in the game.
I buy all games that feature Iraq and thats why I bought AOD but if you make Iraq more realistic I am ready to pay 10 times as much for it!

VIVA IRAQ !

You are from Iraq then. Good thing with this games is that you can mod any country to your liking so you can make Iraq super strong! I can for example make little puny Slovenia overtake the world. Ain't that fun!? ;)

More surrender events, ideally I want the UK to surrender and release some colonies if the home islands are taken and leave the alliance, while the rest of the allies keep fighting.

I'd be happy with more surrender events for all countries though, have US surrender if its entirely occupied or something and just generally better surrender events for Germany and Japan.

More native resources and IC for minor countries as well when they are released

More surrender events, ideally I want the UK to surrender and release some colonies if the home islands are taken and leave the alliance, while the rest of the allies keep fighting.

I'd be happy with more surrender events for all countries though, have US surrender if its entirely occupied or something and just generally better surrender events for Germany and Japan.

You should take a look at the SMEP mod if you haven't already. It adds a lot new surrender events and allows for more dynamic post-war borders.

Maybe this is too much to ask for but maybe an option before the game (like the always historical events option) whether or not to sleep all the random events.

And maybe give the USSR specific blueprints if the Republicans win the civil war, rather then random ones that could end up benefiting it to a great extent (i.e. blueprints for Improved Infantry Division).

Which specific techs would be appropriate? Something i donnot like about this special event is that it will not trigger if you become a democrazy. So the coomunistic USSR supports SPR but later it has become a democrazy and therefore the republik does not pays its bills to the now democratic USSR? :confused:

Which specific techs would be appropriate? Something i donnot like about this special event is that it will not trigger if you become a democrazy. So the coomunistic USSR supports SPR but later it has become a democrazy and therefore the republik does not pays its bills to the now democratic USSR? :confused:
Maybe the blueprints for production planning or control and improved artillery as the USSR sent 1,000 aircraft, 900 tanks, 1,500 artillery pieces, 300 armoured cars, 15,000 machine-guns, 30,000 automatic firearms, 30,000 mortars, 500,000 riles and 30,000 tons of ammunition to the Republicans in the war.

Please compare your data with data at Wiki - huge discrepancy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_involvement_in_the_Spanish_Civil_War#USSR
Well I don't know much about the Spanish Civil War but the USSR should still not be able to get blueprints for 1941 Infantry Divisions, it should get specific blueprints on par with what Germany would be given if the Nationalists won.

Also another wish: Germany is given the cores in 1936 it has in the 1938 scenario (eastern Switzerland, Schleswig-Holstein etc).

Last edited:
Well I don't know much about the Spanish Civil War but the USSR should still not be able to get blueprints for 1941 Infantry Divisions, it should get specific blueprints on par with what Germany would be given if the Nationalists won.

Maybe give them blueprints for land doctrines as many of the military advisors they sent to Spain became high-ranked generals at the Eastern Front later (and some, like Malinovsky, even teached at military academies after their return to the UdSSR) and a blueprint for interceptors?

Please compare your data with data at Wiki - huge discrepancy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_involvement_in_the_Spanish_Civil_War#USSR

If you look at the general site about the Civil War you get completely different numbers again: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_Civil_War#Soviet_Union
Your link cites Hugh Thomas, the general one Antony Beevor. Does anybody have one of the books and could look up where they get their numbers from? Beevor's book is the newer one, maybe he had access to newer information. All books on the topic I have at hand at the moment give numbers more similar to the ones in the second link but unfortunenately none of them are scientific, citable publications.

Also another wish: Germany is given the cores in 1936 it has in the 1938 scenario (eastern Switzerland, Schleswig-Holstein etc).

I agree on the cores on Denmark and on the cores in Poland (as long as that doesn't lead to an early war when Germany is an AI) but I think the cores on Switzerland should be reomived from the 1938 scenario rather than add them to others as well. It might be conceivable that the axis would eventually try to annex Switzerland after a successful war but giving Germany cores on it is a bit far-fetched.

Maybe give them blueprints for land doctrines as many of the military advisors they sent to Spain became high-ranked generals at the Eastern Front later (and some, like Malinovsky, even teached at military academies after their return to the UdSSR) and a blueprint for interceptors?
I think a blueprint for a land doctrine is too big an advantage compared to the blueprints Germany would get (two 1941 CAS doctrine techs). Maybe a blueprint for interceptors and fighters would suffice, especially considering the Soviets have weaker tech teams compared to Germany's.

I agree on the cores on Denmark and on the cores in Poland (as long as that doesn't lead to an early war when Germany is an AI) but I think the cores on Switzerland should be reomived from the 1938 scenario rather than add them to others as well. It might be conceivable that the axis would eventually try to annex Switzerland after a successful war but giving Germany cores on it is a bit far-fetched.
Indeed I would like to see Germany starting with cores on the Sudentenland, Danzig, Denmark and the ones it already starts with, but this would lead to a need to edit the Germany AI to not waste its money demanding such territory beforehand. It is a bit far-fetched for Germany to have cores on Switzerland, I only added that request as I regularly play as Germany and it would make invading Switzerland worthwhile. :blush: