• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Susana

COO Paradox Interactive
43 Badges
Aug 18, 2004
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Hearts of Iron: The Card Game
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Paradox Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Achtung Panzer
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Deus Vult
  • Diplomacy
  • East India Company
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Galactic Assault
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
Our dramatic finale sees our King fighting the Swiss pirate Downlow Ding of Gaems. Has our King met his match at last?

NEW YORK - February 17, 2012 – Have you been counting? The Seventh Deadly Sin is, naturally, Piracy! The final live action trailer for grand strategy game Crusader Kings II is an accurate re-enactment of an internal piracy discussion at Paradox. If Paradox had operated in the middle ages, anyway (though CEO Fred Wester does bellow "Summon my admiral!" even today).

Fans have been waiting seven years for Crusader Kings II, a wait which is finally over. Crusader Kings II sees players taking control not of a nation, but a ruling family, where personal problems can prove even deadlier than the political. The game released this week and is available via all major digital distribution platforms and selected retail at a suggested retail price of $ 39.99. http://www.crusaderkings.com/buy

View the new trailer at:

[video=youtube;PvO50GYniiI ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvO50GYniiI[/video]

View the previously released trailers here:

Greed: http://goo.gl/OR8WH
Pride: http://goo.gl/dcRTf
Lust: http://goo.gl/eGFLj
Envy: http://goo.gl/tma14
Wrath: http://goo.gl/avIoG
Sloth: http://goo.gl/rcBTO

Being legit is so awesome...

Hm. Yeah, I could see where piracy would be one of the deadly sins. :D You could make that the 8th sin for CK II's first expansion! I'm not sure what its opposite would be though - something that gives you a boost to relations with Sweden?

The Wilhelm scream during the naval battle was a nice touch.

Wait...CK II doesn't have naval battles. :blink: Hm...

Not as funny as the others I'm afraid to say, but still entertaining, and with a message of truth. (pirating this game should equal be punished with death!.. or banishment)

I got a good laugh from this, by the way does anyone know the sales figures? (Curious if it was a good success or if the chances of making a third one in 5-10 years are slim or will require another "like" to get it under way!)

These are all really funny. I can't watch this one yet because I'm using the school's WiFi at the moment.
But I'm sure it will be just as good as the rest!

I know this will definitively get me a warning and about 50 responses but I believe Piracy has actually HELPED paradox.

Let me explain my position. Paradox is not a major company (at least, compared to EA, Bethesda, Blizzard etc) and its games don't involve trolls (well, at least usually) or flashy explosions marketed at 15 year olds. They are games aimed at a niche markets, a niche market most paradox players originally didn't even know they belong to (well, I definitively didn't).

So would YOU go on the random to toss out 20 dollars/euros for games that, for all you know, you might stop playing the first 5 minutes? I certainly didn't and still don't. My first contact with a paradox game was with a (pirated) copy of vicky 2 that my friend showed me and then we played a bit multiplayer. Fast forward a few hundred hours in front, I bought victoria 2, tried eu3, liked it, bought eu3, tried mount and blade, loved it, bought it, tried HoI3....didn't really like it, so I stopped playing it after ~5 hours and finally, I am buying crusader kings 2!

Would I have bought/played a paradox game without piracy? I highly doubt it. The ones that should be afraid of piracy are the big companies who do NOT sell quality and sell flashes instead. Paradox is not one of these companies and I always loved how you, essentially, do not have pirate copy protection which has worked as your best advertisement.

Go to one of the pirate heavens (/v/, for example, and you know what I am talking about). If someone DARES say "I play a pirated paradox game for long but don't intend to buy it" it would be almost as bad as saying that he liked dragon age origins.

And that is because YOU sell quality.

So don't think of us as pirates, think of us as corsairs that bring back loot and new recruits for the crow....erm, chameleon.

Peace :)

Last edited:
I lol'd.
Yarrr! x)

I know this will definitively get me a warning and about 50 responses but I believe Piracy has actually HELPED paradox.

Let me explain my position. Paradox is not a major company (at least, compared to EA, Bethesda, Blizzard etc) and its games don't involve trolls (well, at least usually) or flashy explosions marketed at 15 year olds. They are games aimed at a niche markets, a niche market most paradox players originally didn't even know they belong to (well, I definitively didn't).

So would YOU go on the random to toss out 20 dollars/euros for games that, for all you know, you might stop playing the first 5 minutes? I certainly didn't and still don't. My first contact with a paradox game was with a (pirated) copy of vicky 2 that my friend showed me and then we played a bit multiplayer. Fast forward a few hundred hours in front, I bought victoria 2, tried eu3, liked it, bought eu3, tried mount and blade, loved it, bought it, tried HoI3....didn't really like it, so I stopped playing it after ~5 hours and finally, I am buying crusader kings 2!

Would I have bought/played a paradox game without piracy? I highly doubt it. The ones that should be afraid of piracy are the big companies who do NOT sell quality and sell flashes instead. Paradox is not one of these companies and I always loved how you, essentially, do not have pirate copy protection which has worked as your best advertisement.

Go to one of the pirate heavens (/v/, for example, and you know what I am talking about). If someone DARES say "I play a pirated paradox game for long but don't intend to buy it" it would be almost as bad as saying that he liked dragon age origins.

And that is because YOU sell quality.

So don't think of us as pirates, think of us as corsairs that bring bad loot and new recruits for the crow....erm, chameleon.

Peace :)

errrr. Did he just admit to pirating?

That does not explain why you would just not play the demo instead of pirating a game? If you don't like the demo than chances are you won't like the game. Paradox games have good demos showing ALL features and usually just limiting the time you can play. Which is perfect to see if you will like the game or not.

Last edited:
errrr. Did he just admit to pirating?
You're saying it like he admitted of raping children or something like that, lol. :) But he actually has a point. If you make good, quality games and treat your costumers like ppl and not like money bags, you don't really have to worry about piracy. It's those big companies who spend more money on marketing rather than on the game itself who scream the most about piracy. :)