• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
rcduggan said:
hopefully those losses can be quickly turned around!

Indeed, cant allow them to break through my lines.

Just come across this a couple of days ago (I don't venture into HOI land very often) and read the lot - very enjoyable.

I like the lack of editing stuff, I'm not certain that there is too much for others to learn when the writer is tweaking the setup behind the scenes.

Good work but I'm worried about what the aliens are up to.

It is Decided we Need to Capitalize on Making the Most of Conquered Lands

That reminds me of Cecil Rhodes somehow :p.

You have made a lot of progress since I last posted and read this.

Without doubt you will be, one day in future, victorious.

PrawnStar said:
Just come across this a couple of days ago (I don't venture into HOI land very often) and read the lot - very enjoyable.

I like the lack of editing stuff, I'm not certain that there is too much for others to learn when the writer is tweaking the setup behind the scenes.

Good work but I'm worried about what the aliens are up to.

You read the lot! Excellent, im really glad you are enjoying it.

That was part of the reason i did not delve deeply into editing, this is a scenario anyone can create quite easily. Also it is highly unpredictable, so we can all hopefully watch and learn something.

Thanks for reading [more alien comments eh :p ]

You have made a lot of progress since I last posted and read this.

Without doubt you will be, one day in future, victorious.

Without doubt? Thanks, it has gone well although one must wonder if annexing the Soviets is possible and if taking the fight further to the Axis is possible.

Blazing A Trail

Our march into Soviet territory has been going well despite our setbacks. We must now focus our efforts on capturing the major Soviet cities that will ensure their downfall. To attain victory we must achieve these goals:

1. Occupy Moscow. The Fall of the Communist capital shall force the Soviet leaders to withdraw, this should effect morale greatly on both sides.

2. Before our forces capture Moscow it will likely be essential to capture Lenningrad in the north. This fortified port is one of the major cities in the Soviet Union and it will allow us to transport troops directly to the front and will act as a staging area for an assault on Moscow.

3. The cleansing of Persia and recapture of Baku. Persia must be saved at all costs, forces from numerous Allied nations are being led by a phenomenal French army and the belief that Persia can be saved is growing. Once this is done Baku's massive oil reserves must be taken from the Soviets and added to Persias wealth of oil. Additionaly, once these objectives are achieved we must strike north into the underbelly of the Soviet beast as was our original plan many months ago.

4. Stalingrad must be captured, despite technically being a city of little value it has had value thrust upon it due to its name. Thus its capture should be another blow to Soviet morale.

5. If/Once these objectives are completed, we will push east and focus on the Soviet puppet states and additional provinces of worth such as Vladivostok.

The Front​

The troublesome province of Sumy has finally been captured and our force there has managed to hold it, when this was happening the battles for Polotsk continued to rage on in the north, our goal to capture Lenningrad could depend on our ability to hold this much fought for province.

Sumy is Finally Captured, our army in Polotsk is Fighting to Hold the Province

The battle in Polotsk, despite initially being evenly balanced it was clear our troops were outnumbered and could be driven out of Polotsk again. We decide to launch an assault on the supporting troops in a neighbouring province to weaken the Soviet assault and gain ourselves yet more momentum and land.

The Battle in Polotsk Turns in our Favour After our Cunning Assault on Soviet Assaulters in Vitebsk

The situation in Polotsk was mimicked in the center of the front, where a Soviet force launched an attack on our lines. To counter this we again launched an attack on the troops who were supporting the assault on our troops.

Battles Rage in the Centre of the Soviet Front

We were victorious in Polotsk in the north, Lenningrad is getting closer to our grasp. To capitalize on our victories in the region we launched an immediate assault on the following Soviet province to pick up the speed of our advance and keep the Soviet troops on the back foot.

Soviet Troops Retreating in Large Numbers

The Ghost Front

We have continued our advance toward the crimea and have been largely unopposed, this is excellent for us as it has allowed to gain much ground at very little cost. This brings the Caucasus region closer to our grasp and will again weaken the Soviets further.

Our Troops Advance Further

Sorry I haven't been, commenting lately, I couldn't find this aar. I'll be catching up soon hopefully.

Good progress, here's hoping for a decent sized pocket of troops in the Crimean. Far better to crush them there than face them on the front.

A sensible plan, but I suspect point 5 is easier to say than do! ;)

wilegfass said:
Sorry I haven't been, commenting lately, I couldn't find this aar. I'll be catching up soon hopefully.

Its fine, you have always read and commented. Hope you enjoy the updates you are catching up on. :)

Good progress, here's hoping for a decent sized pocket of troops in the Crimean. Far better to crush them there than face them on the front.

A sensible plan, but I suspect point 5 is easier to say than do! ;)

Point five is most definently a "Best case scenario" and is there merely to show intention :D

I am definently trying to get some pockets, one in the Crimea would be great indeed.

Thanks for reading.

The French seem intent on smashing the Soviet forces in Persia, this has slowed their advance down in the crimean area so i have decided to take it myself. I will liberate whomever i can.

Cacasus indeed seems to be abonded, the North seems to be heavily populated though, Leningrad will probably be a hard nut to crack.

General Jac said:
Cacasus indeed seems to be abonded, the North seems to be heavily populated though, Leningrad will probably be a hard nut to crack.

Im pleasantly surprised at how empty the Caucasus is. You are right though, the road to Lenningrad is packed full of Soviet troops, im also worried about the battle for leningrad. Fortifications, numerous Soviet troops and house to house fighting.

Worrying.

Flawless Victory

Our prosperous position in this war has our forces in bouyant mood, we cannot rest on our laurels and we are committed to the revival of our Diplomatic program.

Due to British conquest our daily energy production is well into the hundreds of units and this vast number cannot be used by Britain. It has thus been decided to sell a fraction of this gigantic energy reserve to our Allied friends in exchange for money that will fund our diplomatic program and allow us to try and bring Albania and Nationalist China to the Allies.

Our Huge Energy Surpluss is Being Traded for Much Needed Money

Our technology has made two advancements, we made a breakthrough in our supply technologies and have also completed our research into improving our mechanized divisions.

A Breakthrough in our Mechanized Research

The Battles​

We have fought numerous battles in the recent weeks and we have been victorious in every single one! Our armies are advancing in both parts of the front: Stalingrad, Moscow and Lenningrad all seem to be coming closer to the bosom of Democracy.

North​

To maintain a steady, level advance we knew we could not logically advance to Lenningrad with a single row of provinces as this would be suicide, risking being cut off and destroyed thus Nevel became our target and our armies overwhelmed the Soviet defending forces.

Soviet Forces in Nevel are Assaulted

South​

The real war however, was taking place in the south where numerous battles were fought between Communist and Allied forces.

Due to our troops advancing to Klintsy it became obvious that the capture of Rogachev would be essential although we were aware of how heavily the province [and the region] was defended.
We launched the attack from numerous sides, with General O'Connor supporting the attack.

A Massive Battle Ensues in Rogachev- We Left Victorious

The road to Stalingrad is looking....mostly deserted. The Crimea is still undefended and the stray Soviet bombers are being intercepted by fighters from NUMEROUS Allied nations. Slightly north, on the road to Stalingrad the Soviet armies are composed of, at most, three divisions. If we had a great presence in the region we would be able to advance with far greater confidence.

Due to the ease of our advance in the Crimea we reduced our force there to three divisions and sent our other Lt. General to take the three divisions under his command north and work with our tank army to capture Rostov. While this army advanced north another Lt. General and his three divisions assaulted Kharkov and single-handedly forced the Soviet defenders to vacate the province.

Kharkov is Vacated

With the defeat of the Soviet forces in Kharkov and the cities imminent capture we ordered our tank divisions to launch a daring over-river assault, resulting in a very long endurance testing battle. After days of stalemate the conflict would later favour our forces.

The Battle of Bilovodsk, a Gruelling Battle That Raged for Many Days

Due to the obvious possibilities in the south we decided a General would be needed to guide the surge to Baku and Stalingrad. After aiding our troops win a battle Belgorod General Erskine began his advance to Kharkov where he will link up with our troops there and guide our eastern surge.

Belgorod Falls and General Erskine is Ordered Further South.

Last edited:
My Belarusy

From the many battles with the Communists, many nations have been given their freedom. Byelorussia fell with the Soviet invasion of Poland but with the years that have passed the Allies, led by Britain, have pushed the Soviets out of Europe and have forced them to concede their own territory.
Today, Byelorussia is no longer under Communist oppression.
Today, Byelorussians no longer live in fear.
Today, Byelorussia is Democratic.
Today, Byelorussia joins the Allies!

Byelorussia is Liberated

Excellent news! Speaking of which, have the FRG contributed any troops to the front line yet? Also any chance of a map (I'm a bit hazy on how big Byelorussia actually is)

El Pip said:
Excellent news! Speaking of which, have the FRG contributed any troops to the front line yet? Also any chance of a map (I'm a bit hazy on how big Byelorussia actually is)

Frg seems to want to fortify parts of France while the French go off and help me. Their army is not huge.

Sorry about the lack of a map, i realised my error when i was writing the update- i will make sure you get one in hte next update.

Thanks for reading and supporting the AAR El Pip.