• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Snake IV said:
I believe so too He just need a reminder that this still is here, which he has now got.

Somebody should PM him, its how I got Thistletooth to update Resurrection (he might have updated anyway, but why shouldn't I get the credit :p).

knugen_n1 said:
Gul Brown always come back. :mad:
I think so too. Even a simple remodel is a huge pain in the ass, what Gul was facing with his house is The Ultimate Nightmare. Could take some time, but he'll be back.

All of you who said "Gul will never forget this and will be back"

ARE SPOT ON!

Im quite touched you all remember this AAR, and she shall continue until the end! [im far from finished with this]

*Small update on my situation so you are not in the dark*

Very recently we finally got the floor finished in our house! So i should be back on the forums like usual [i know its been a very long time but the work was on and off and took along time]

Again thanks for all the support and letting this AAR die has never crossed my mind [ i have written a few updates in the past few weeks]

Thanks, expect an update soon- and more will follow! :D

He Who Dares.....​

Good day to you, our success in Germany continues and you will [as usual] be given a full update on our situation. I know it may sound daft but...i will especially enjoying writing this report, i know it has only been hours since you recieved the last one but somehow...it feels longer.......

An Overview​

Our Army has grown in the recent months however we are still far from where we would like to be. It is clear our advancements in Submarine technology and thus production of the vessels has reduced the ammount of time and resources we have been able to spend on furthering our Land divisions. Yes, we are still producing the submarines but recently we have shifted our attention to Infantry production. We realize our fortunate position in Germany and we must use everything in our power to bring this Epic War to an end and that war will be won in Berlin.

Our Current Land Forces

Our Research

The Battles in Germany continue to rage on, fortunately the Soviet prescence hasnt hampered our campaign in Germany however the Germans are relentless in their assaults regardless of their string of defeats.
We Launched a daring two front assault on the German defenders in Cologne and Leipzig and it paid off, this could be a turning point in the war as we now have Belgium completely secured along with Northern Germany.

We launch a Simultaneous Attack on two German Cities

Victory! Against the odds Britain Continues to Push Back the Communists!

We must plan accordingly now, we are in a very good situation- a much better one than even we dreamed of. We must not make errors, if Britain fails and is pushed out of Communist lands the fate of Europe, if not the entire world could be decided. How we continue from here could be crucial to the entire campaign and indeed the fate of the free world.
We Must Not Fail.

Our Excellent Position in Germany- One Wrong Move now and we Could Lose all we Have Fought so Hard to Gain

In my next Update to you sir, you will be shown a detailed overview of our plans not only for our next move but for this whole front. Germany must fall, regardless of the cost.....

He's back. What did I say!

Nice that you took Colonge. If you now can make Saarsbrücken fall maybe the French will start moving.

Good, now you are even closer to the gates of Berlin :D

noobermenschen said:
I think so too. Even a simple remodel is a huge pain in the ass, what Gul was facing with his house is The Ultimate Nightmare. Could take some time, but he'll be back.

You sir are correct, the old floor was taken out- then it was found [this is a cottage in the country] that underneath the floorboards were LOTS of LARGE rocks. So they were removed, then the new insulation and cement was added, we had to wait for it all to dry. Then the new boards went in and we waited for them to set in, then finally we got the actual floor in! PHEW!

He's back. What did I say!

Thanks Snake IV, you were right! I have been meaning to check on how your division is doing for quite a while- the next few divisions made will be named after a few more of you loyal readers! :)

[if they get destroyed its not my fault...its the thought that counts...that or blame the damn communists! :p ]

Gul Brown always come back.

Damn right , hope you keep enjoying it knugen_n1!

Good, now you are even closer to the gates of Berlin

Oh how sweet a victory that would be General Jac :)

Again without wanting you all to throw up in disgust and hate me for saying it.....Thanks for reading guys! The support is really nice.

This AAR wont end until its truly finished, you can count on that!

lifeless said:
woo its an update! wow no money! musta spent it all influencing countries eh? :p

:eek: Nice avatar, it seems recently so many familiar names have shiny new avatars!

Yep, my money is gone- im teetering on the brink right now to be honest, just enough to research and thats it. Although i should have some more money in a while. China is still my priority.

The Cost of Victory

There are many decisions to be made in order to successfully continue our advance into the heart of the Communist beast. Ironically it is this very success that could ultimately lead to our downfall. Our Yugoslavian allies continue to shock the world by not only holding their own against the Communist horde but in many cases actually pushing them back despite huge numerical advantages, almost mirroring our own war and therein lies one of our problems. View the current [albeit ever changing] face of war ravaged Europe:

Europe: 1940

Should we be able to link up with Yugoslavia we could be dangerously stretched but more worryingly we could end up directly sharing a border with the Soviet Union. I Germany and Romania fall we could inadvertantly invite waves of Soviet troops stationed in their home country to flood over the border and completely overwhelm us- all of our efforts will have been in vain. Thus our next steps must and will be planned and executed very carefully.

We will continue to advance as far as we can however our target must be Italy. You may wonder why, on the edges of Berlin we have set our goal on Italy, well it is my job to explain.
[Obviously these plans are perfectly capable of being changed should opportunities arrise or flaws are spotted]

1.Italy is holding a good number of German troops, if we could advance over the Alps the Communist troops there will be surrounded with no means of escape. More importantly however our own troops are stationed there and are locked in a stalemate, the additional divisions we would free could help us further in the war against the Germans.

2.France would finally be allowed into the war, we have insufficient troops as of this moment to continually fight the Commintern single handed. France however has one hundred and five infantry divisions that would help us immensley.

3.Possible Liberation of Italy would give us a new Ally more than capable of defending itself.

I fully expect you are thinking that this is suicide and we have insufficient troops to even reach Italy never mind being vastly overstretched and you are right. This is not our immediate goal however it is A goal. A goal we intend on achieving. As of now we will continue with our current strategy- be opportunistic. This is how we have waged this war, it is due to this philosophy that we are in the good position that we are in. When an opportunity arises- strike, hard.

We will continue to try and "keep our backs to the wall" in Germany, this will help us slightly nulify the huge numbers advantage that the Communists have over us. Losing a battle is one thing, being surrounded and losing entire divisions is another. Our men are valuable to us and their lives cannot be wasted- we do not have the luxury of manpower that the Communists do.

We intend on capturing Berlin before the year is out however this may be easier said than done. Berlin is a rich prize and the resources and industry gained from her capture would be sweet indeed...however perhaps not quite as sweet as the effects on the morale of our enemies as the capital of Communism in central Europe falls into Democratic hands. Sadly, they will realise this aswell and so we fully expect Berlin to contain a very large garrison that will fight to the last in order to defend the capital.

Strangely, we have noticed that Germany holds two north eastern provinces in Yugoslavia. We will have to monitor this closely.

Things are actually looking fairly well, if I may say so myself.

Lafayette53 said:
Excellent my Favorite AAR is back! Good luck Gul Brown, this is my first and not last post here! This inspired me (partially) to get DD and Join the Forums. Great job, glad your back!

Thank You very much, its really nice to know my AAR is your favourite and it made you join up and get doomsday! I hope you continue to post and enjoy :)

yea you should really mil control france...before its too late!

The thought crossed my mind once long ago and i dismissed it- im not going to control anyone, if i have to fight alone then so be it!

Things are actually looking fairly well, if I may say so myself.

Yes they are and yes you may say so ;)

Keeping Up The Pressure​

In the last report you were informed that a possible plan of action would be to focus our attenntion on Italy. One of the mentioned bonuses of this would be bringing our French Allies into the war- giving us much needed support. The unfortunate thing is the fact that there is a line of provinces very close to our current position that, if take would give us a connection with France. The level of fortifications in these provinces may continue to hinder our plans and force us to continue to fight alone.

Also in order to hold our gains a logical target has to be the Sudetenland, with its mountains and defenses it will aid us greatly in keeping our foothold in Germany. Once we have more infantry in Germany we will be able to spread over more ground in Germany and the Sudetenland is a target we will pursue.....after Berlin has fallen.

Strategic Map Of Germany

We have finally secured Leipzig after yet more fighting, it seems the divisions that have arrived there are too strong for the Germans to even contemplate a counterattack.

Strong Fighting For Leipzig

Leipzig is Secure

We kept our momentum going and delivered yet another solid blow to the Communists by attacking Schweinfurt:

Our Attack on Schweinfurt

The outnumbered German garrison was defeated and the city fell into our hands.

Our Troops Arrive in Schweinfurt

All is looking good. Too annex Germany you'll have to push into Poland though...

GeneralHannibal said:
All is looking good. Too annex Germany you'll have to push into Poland though...

Im not looking forward to that, the front by then would be very large- holding it could be a problem. Thats why im trying to keep the front as small as possible right now. I hope Yugoslavia can hold on.

GeneralHannibal said:
Too annex Germany you'll have to push into Poland though...
Bah. Occupy enough German cores and you wreck their TC (Don't the Red Army divisions in Germany rely on German TC as well??).

Good to have you back Gul :cool: Outstanding updates!