• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Poor unfortunate Aymara... end in such a battle... :eek:o

:D

We'll need to find something to keep you active for about a century... until the Europeans get here :p

What's edge of the world :O

I'm starting to sense a serious danger of this conversation getting out of hand, so I won't answer this. :D

aldriq, blsteen and gigau: Indeed. :eek: I'd call that Aymara army falling to native natives a textbook example of "how the mighty have fallen"... The ferocity two doesn't help the appearances. ;)

We'll need to find something to keep you active for about a century... until the Europeans get here :p

If I was an Inca, I suppose that would be coca. Now, tea will have to do. :D

Barring a Central American inheritance, that is.

I can't quite see why you didn't annex Aymara. So what, if you then had a DOW from Quito, you could have annexed them too and then proceeded to burn off your infamy. You're not getting neighbour bonuses are you?

Ah, there's that event you get, if you don't have someone to fight pointless wars against- though there's always meso-americaandthree years of war taxes before the white peace.

Does Cuzco understand the concept of colonists?

Rebels and more rebels... pretty boring, whilst waiting for something to happen.

I'm a little bit disappointed about your attitude towards rebels ;)

They are a real pain at low tech levels simply because it takes so long to wipe them out.

Looks like South America will wrap up quite soon - is there much to do in this mod before the Europeans turn up?

I can't quite see why you didn't annex Aymara. So what, if you then had a DOW from Quito, you could have annexed them too and then proceeded to burn off your infamy. You're not getting neighbour bonuses are you?

I am getting neighbor bonuses on some techs as the AI countries are researching evenly while I'm mostly beelining Government. However, that didn't play a part in the decision as Aymara isn't any more advanced than any other country.

I reached the infamy limit when I annexed Chimu (I believe I even had to wait for a month or two to have room for three infamy, I'm not sure), so annexing Aymara would have taken me 16 over. At my current burn rate, it would have taken 18 years just to get back to the limit, let alone down. And that's with a DIP 8 ruler that's likely to die during that long wait.

I don't care about BB wars, but such a long time over the limit would have been extremely painful when it comes to nasty events, especially in MEIOU. I'd argue that waiting five years and annexing for relatively tiny infamy using a CB actually has me in better shape sooner than taking that huge hit for instant provinces.

Does Cuzco understand the concept of colonists?

Unfortunately not. :(

I'm a little bit disappointed about your attitude towards rebels ;)

You would be, wouldn't you? ;)

They are a real pain at low tech levels simply because it takes so long to wipe them out.

THIS. When there are lots of them, I'm not able to finish stacks before my armies have to run in order to lift close-to-finished sieges...

Looks like South America will wrap up quite soon - is there much to do in this mod before the Europeans turn up?

Besides attempting to enter Central America, fighting rebels and researching? Not really, but of course some of the domestic options become available during that time as your technology actually progresses. So there's more to do than in vanilla, but it's not that interesting.

You should colonize whole South America but then leave the northern coast line whit out colonies when europeans arrive their of course gonna colonize that then just do very quick superly duperly fast westernize :D

You should colonize whole South America but then leave the northern coast line whit out colonies when europeans arrive their of course gonna colonize that then just do very quick superly duperly fast westernize :D

You need such high tech for colonists in MEIOU that, as a New World tech group nation, I won't have access to them in a long time. :(

I'll be updating in an hour or two.

Chapter Thirteen
1401-1406

Mapuche starts in an alliance with me, so I immediately cancel that.

While I maneuver troops into position, Mapuche thanks me for their independence by persecuting Intis.

15_01.jpg

Good call, seeing as they aren't vulnerable or anything.

15_02.jpg

A problem is noticed as soon as I reach Bio Bio in March 1402.

15_03.jpg

While my army was marching, some friendly Inti rebels started sieging the province. As I can't kill friendly rebels or take their sieges or provinces, this war is essentially over as they block most of the provinces.

I kill the Fundamentalist Heretics in the capital, helping the Inti rebels get there instead.

Shortly after another plague outburst in Arequipa in September, I win the siege of Huilliche, forcing Mapuche to concede defeat (nothing else was available but this faraway province).

Mapuche's pantheists haven't learnt their lesson and continue persecuting Intis in October and in January 1403.

15_04.jpg

In the other case, the refugees flee to Chiletico.

As I can't rectify this by attacking this time, I sponsor more fanatics in Bio Bio, hoping for them to last long enough to overrun the country. The only result is Mapuche, the capital, converting to Inti. After that, the country breaks but no territory changes hands.

Also in January, Copan is annexed again after just over a year in existence. Chichen Itza and Mixtecalt divide their land.

15_05.jpg

In July, I move the policy slider towards Innovative, getting a stab hit.

Very sad news reach Cuzco in December.

15_06.jpg

He was truly a great one - he certainly performed beyond his stats - and his tenure feels long. I'm especially sad to see him gone as I'm ready for war again, with infamy down to 2.6. I could definitely use Parinango but will have to do without him.

As I've never fought them before and have great relations, I spend the late year insulting Quito. In early January 1404, war is declared.

15_07.jpg

Aymara doesn't join in.

Less than a month later, Mapuche suggests that we should have fought them instead by persecuting Intis once again. Sorry guys, can't do it as we still have a truce. Soon, I promise!

Quito troops attempt to attack Hatun Canar, so I start moving additional forces towards the province from Tucume.

15_08.jpg

The reinforcements arrive only late in the battle, but it doesn't matter as the result is good.

15_09.jpg

Funny, Sahuaraura and their general have the exact same stats.

In the second battle in Quito we are forced on the offense, but still manage to win. It doesn't go as well as the previous battle though.

15_10.jpg

In May, I get a Free Subjects move via event. This is welcome as I want to go there but don't have the slider moves.

15_11.jpg

Days later, Sahuaraura scores another huge win in Pasto. I slipped some men into the province from the flank, so I'm able to get the defensive side.

15_12.jpg

All of Quito is under siege by now. After a battle in Quito and another in Achagua, Quito's army is eliminated in July.

Fortunately, Quito only had 212 men in the last battle - Sahuaraura died during the march, so I had no general in that battle.

One of my original provinces culture shifts later in the month.

15_13.jpg

In the long run, this is of course a good thing, but I wonder if Aymara culture will stay accepted during the early coring process without this province.

With the war all but over, I once again lower military maintenance and raise war taxes. I was bleeding money there for a while as I didn't want to fight Quito's stack without full maintenance. This allows me to regain the lost funds.

Meanwhile, our heir Huayna Capac manages to gain an unprecedented level of notoriety with his shenanigans in Cuzco's vibrant nightlife...

The court of Cuzco. An advisor is addressing Tupac Yupanqui and his son and heir, Huayna Capac.

Cuzco advisor: "...and I must point out that your son simply has gone too far in his behavior."

Tupac Yupanqui: "Nah, boys will be boys!" He waves dismissively.

Cuzco advisor: "You do realize that you can't take that stand publicly, don't you?" Tupac Yupanqui shrugs, then hesitantly nods.

Huayna Capac: "Okay, I maybe was a bit smashed last night and enjoyed myself with more women than usual, but so what? It's all innocent fun!"

Cuzco advisor: "You're 27 years old, a talented man and the heir to the throne. Don't you have anything better to do than to binge on coca leaves and attempt to pick up girls?"

Huayna Capac: "Attempt to pick up girls? I take issue! That's the understatement of the year!"

Cuzco advisor: "Whatever, it still isn't proper conduct."

Tupac Yupanqui: "But boys will be boys!" He waves dismissively.

Huayna Capac: "Why bring this up now? It's not like this is the first time I've been playing on the edge, so to say."

Cuzco advisor: "Rumors have surfaced of a great land far, far away, beyond the edge of the world. A land so distant that no-one here has seen it or even heard of it before, and the inhabitants of that land also don't know about us."

Huayna Capac: "What could that possibly have to do with my modest ways of relaxation?"

Cuzco advisor: "This land is told to follow a strange faith, unlike our Inti faith or anything else we know of. Somehow, news of your escapades have reached that land and they've been deemed to be against that religion. When news spread that those unknown people are all either mad or laughing at the Hanan dynasty because of this, it didn't resonate well with our peasants."

15_14.jpg

Huayna Capac: "That makes no sense at all."

Cuzco advisor: "True."

Huayna Capac: "Anyway, I don't really care about these obscure people even if they do exist. And it's not like the peasants' opinion makes much of a difference either. I have no reason to change my style."

Tupac Yupanqui: "Yeah, boys will be boys!" He waves dismissively.

Cuzco advisor: "But I hear that these remote people are much more advanced and powerful than us, and they are planning expeditions to find us and conquer us because they want in on what sounds like a good party."

Huayna Capac: "I like their thought process. But if that's the case, then we'll just have to be ready if they ever show up."

Achagua is the first Quito province to fall in January 1405. Pasto and Yagua follow in March.

While the Quito capital is still under siege, construction of another Glorious Monument begins in Pachacamac, the former Chancay capital, in June.

Quito finally falls late in the year, allowing peace to be signed. I don't like doing so, but I wait until 1406 rolls in to get year end war taxes. I'm out of cash after the monument so I kind of have to, and it's not a long time to stall anyway.

So in early January, Quito sees what facing Cuzco is all about for the first and last time.

15_15.jpg

Pasto, the northern Quito province, produces maize so we've finally reached eight such provinces, becoming self-sufficient.

15_16.jpg

Additionally, we become a notable grain producer instead of a minor one (+10 % land force limits modifier instead of +5 %).

Finally, a look at the northern part of Cuzco, now in one pretty green!

15_17.jpg

Last edited:
Echo .. what is a Europe?
What is an unchristian?

You could have shown us all the bad events stemming from over infamy. Not to do so was just ... selfish.

Just Aymara and mapuche to go. Now how do you get to meso-America or should that be further cuzco?

Shame about those generals. You should issue an edict forbdding generals to die! An impressive expansion of the Cuzco.

What is this Europe?
Some Greek princess?

A Swedish band I hear. I suppose that's some Paradox inside joke. ;)

Echo .. what is a Europe?
What is an unchristian?

Good questions indeed in this context...

You could have shown us all the bad events stemming from over infamy. Not to do so was just ... selfish.

I'm not sure what your point is - I just checked and I've shown a screenshot every single time I've encountered an event that had to do with infamy. Or are you merely joking about not taking the 16 infamy like you suggested? If so, selfish is a strong word to use without a smiley. :D

Just Aymara and mapuche to go. Now how do you get to meso-America or should that be further cuzco?

Hopefully it will be. :) I can only hope for a PU and/or inheritance. I'm doing all in my power to get that, but I haven't been lucky yet.

Shame about those generals. You should issue an edict forbdding generals to die! An impressive expansion of the Cuzco.

Thanks! Hehe, unfortunately I don't think I've had any immortals around. With the possible exception of Manco Capac, and even he left for some reason after a couple of centuries on the throne (going by the Inca legends I mentioned in the first post). :D

You mentioned that you get bad events going over infamy -you've had one and I was assuming there are other events that you could have had, had you taken the extra infamy and been able to show a whole string of bad events -showcasing the mod. I can understand and agree that you had sound game reasons for not so doing.

It would have been better for the Incas had he not said he would return.

You mentioned that you get bad events going over infamy -you've had one and I was assuming there are other events that you could have had, had you taken the extra infamy and been able to show a whole string of bad events -showcasing the mod. I can understand and agree that you had sound game reasons for not so doing.

I see your point. But it's true that it's not a good decision, perhaps jeopardizing Cuzco's future: tons of rebels and stab -3 would cut my income and I'd need full military maintenance (which I can't afford at +3) to boot, so that would certainly lead to inflation and thus a weaker economy. Chances are that would lead to a weaker Cuzco when the Europeans show up, or I might lose a Central American PU because of that if I manage to get one. After all, if I get a PU with a stronger power, I have to build an army that I can't afford under the best of circumstances. And as I need to get lucky to get a PU in the first place, this is not a risk that I'm willing to take. I like to showcase the mod where I can, but I don't want to risk screwing up the game in a major way to do that. ;)

Plus I have to say that I'm having a stressful and busy enough time career-wise that I don't intend to torture myself with Paradox games. :D Because frankly, after absolute rampaging whenever I felt like it in IN and before, I stopped going over the limit deliberately in HTTT after a try or two because I don't think it's fun to play over the limit anymore. If it's selfish to avoid game play that you find thoroughly unfun, then I guess I'm selfish. :p Also, if I had to trudge through decades of that, I doubt I could stay on schedule with this AAR.

I did grep through the MEIOU files for you though, and I get the sense that there isn't such a large difference to vanilla in this regard after all - unlike I've been led to believe, and unlike I've felt when I've been over as I've been hit with stuff all the time. Interesting, perhaps the vanilla effects just feel more crippling under MEIOU mechanics and that's why you get the feeling that it's a lot worse? That, or I missed something. Maybe someone with more knowledge of the mod files or more experience of playing over the limit with the mod can enlighten us... That, or I'll have to run some test game when I have the time. Or get a bad monarch with high infamy in this one as I'm not exactly careful in that regard. :D

It would have been better for the Incas had he not said he would return.

Indeed - fortunately I can try to "change history" here. :D

I was going to make the joke that the "blue on the edge of the map" was called Quito, but you've pre-empted that by annexing them.

Now the diplomatic game becomes even more important. How long before you could tech to the point you can build boats?