• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Germany has production full on supplies - all trade routes had been cancelled already.

The plus 50 odd supplies should over time equal an ever increasing stockpile - except that the HQ in berlin is 0.82 per day :)

Your pictures indicate that supply is rising, just not as fast as the math would have it. Well, not even close, but it IS still going up!

Yes I realised after I posted that I put the wrong pictures in there - I can redo them if people want proof but I through whole test stockpile never go higher than 51000 and sometimes fell. I'll fire it up again and double check over a couple of months just to be sure

Yes I realised after I posted that I put the wrong pictures in there - I can redo them if people want proof but I through whole test stockpile never go higher than 51000 and sometimes fell. I'll fire it up again and double check over a couple of months just to be sure

I am supremely confident that I can get the supply stockpile in Berlin to skyrocket. Again, save file?

Oops :blush: - The total supply thing was a mistake sorry. I really just noticed the total and after watching it not fluctuate I went "Ahah!!!!" I didn't bother to check that the production was on what I thought it was. My bad; Scratch that less than scientific observation.

I found that I could set a supply convoy with game paused if I opened one province to capital. But if closed again supplies didn't transfer. So the supply mechanic is def linked to physical access to capital even for convoys not even interacting with it :(

But the other streaks of supply are still occurring.

I can post savegame in ANZAC forum if you want to see other stuff Battle - although I think you were just wanting confirmation I was mistaken with the total supply tool tip :)

I'm not doubting what you're saying, but a wartime supply test over the massive area you have will take a very long time to shake out the supply system. I ran one of my saves for 4-months and I still have supplies being siphoned from the west to the greater demands in the east. My original test was run with a standard German and UK '36 start. We have to know how the supply system works under normal and contained conditions before understanding abnormal, and in a peace time environment with little to nothing going on, supplies don't have to migrate half-way around the world before we net useable results.

Under normal conditions all units will starve to death relatively quick as there are far fewer supplies in the supply net. Without any allies to feed off of, nor possibly trading with them through the invisible supply net, all the numbers add up. I would like to run your test game as I'm sure I could learn alot from it.

I am still curious about the source of supply that is feeding those units in Southern France, if not from trades?

But I think at this point its pretty much moot.

it is in relation the rule and how I thought supply worked before.

I just tried same test with Italy and there are no supply points outside of capital.

I'm not doubting what you're saying, but a wartime supply test over the massive area you have will take a very long time to shake out the supply system. I ran one of my saves for 4-months and I still have supplies being siphoned from the west to the greater demands in the east. My original test was run with a standard German and UK '36 start. We have to know how the supply system works under normal and contained conditions before understanding abnormal, and in a peace time environment with little to nothing going on, supplies don't have to migrate half-way around the world before we net useable results.

Under normal conditions all units will starve to death relatively quick as there are far fewer supplies in the supply net. Without any allies to feed off of, nor possibly trading with them through the invisible supply net, all the numbers add up. I would like to run your test game as I'm sure I could learn alot from it.

That's fair enough - i just picked savegame from one I had been playing at work :) It just happened to be germany.

I was expecting to see supply flowing from IC sources. I was also expecting to see the supply AI adjust the stockpile mechanism on the fly when the capital l got surrounded. I think that would be an easy thing to program for so I would include this as a bug to be fixed. I don't think that would be asking to much of the programmers or the processing time requirements to check for " does capital have trade access?" Perhaps you could get a pop up letting you choose where you would like to position the new capital.

@ Happyman40 - What is your supply slider set to for IC? Does it say you need 000 to supply and the AI is controlling it? If so could you pump 100 IC into supply production and post a new screenshot?

In my last test - that I didn't post screen shots I doubled checked the IC set for supply to verify something I had reported in my Pics - turned out I forgot i Had it set to AI control and it just managed it at need. I had to pull my smelly feet out of my mouth and I am now left with a tatered scientific testing career.

With the IC pumping I couldn't absolutley verify the supply usage / gain from the tool tip like I thought I was before. The stockpile went up to 99K - I kept seeing supply in couple of areas months after they should have run out but Charles has reported that there are a few spots around the place that ahve been added to the map so it's not necessarily evidence that IC provinces are producing Supplies.

I tried the test again with Italy and there were no other supply "springs" as it were there so it seems like just a few key areas have extra supply spots.

Last edited:
If it really only is the capital producing supplies, you might want to research patch notes from the past few patches; I distinctly remember supply getting changed so that IC sources (on cores) would generate supplies. This was specifically to counter the obvious exploit you guys are talking about.

If you find the patch notes or Dev statement that talks about that, file a bug report. I'm 90% sure this is not WAD under FtM or even SF.

If it really only is the capital producing supplies, you might want to research patch notes from the past few patches; I distinctly remember supply getting changed so that IC sources (on cores) would generate supplies. This was specifically to counter the obvious exploit you guys are talking about.

If you find the patch notes or Dev statement that talks about that, file a bug report. I'm 90% sure this is not WAD under FtM or even SF.

The supply will deploy to any IC provinces that are connected via port or land to the capital. The equation is connected effective IC/supply produced. Another interesting point is that the AI shuts off supply production as well as soon as this is done because the supply systems cues are already being met but the supply dramatically breaks when the capital is locked away.

I've looked through the patch notes and Dev diaries and can't seem to find a specific reference to it but conceptually you wouldn't think it's the ideal way for things to work.

Yes but there has been no blood shed or sarcasm thrown in this thread yet - it's unique!!! :)

The supply will deploy to any IC provinces that are connected via port or land to the capital. The equation is connected effective IC/supply produced. Another interesting point is that the AI shuts off supply production as well as soon as this is done because the supply systems cues are already being met but the supply dramatically breaks when the capital is locked away.

Then I'm not completely stupid. :) I can still count on IC provinces closer to combat units helping the supply network a wee bit.

The answer is, as you put it, supply is deployed to IC that is connected to the capital. Do the status of cores make and difference?

Then I'm not completely stupid. :) I can still count on IC provinces closer to combat units helping the supply network a wee bit.

The answer is, as you put it, supply is deployed to IC that is connected to the capital. Do the status of cores make and difference?

When I say effective IC, I have a hard time trying to find a way to explain it to this forum. Effective to me is that third number in the IC info on the top bar. If you had a nation with 100 base IC, and 140 effective IC, then you took a core province with 10 IC, its effective IC is 14. If you produce 140 Supply each day, 14 of it would deploy to that core province. With this knowledge, you guys can look up the annexed and occupation policy penalties to the IC, and take into account any suppression over those provinces and find that the amounts match perfectly.

There are 2 anomalies in this system. there are randomly placed provinces throughout all of the map that have absolutely no IC near them but will constantly generate ambient supply. India is an extremely easy example of this regardless of who controls it, simply look at the north west corner by afganistan and you will note a line of blue supply leading down towards Delhi. The other anomaly is when a puppet's network becomes part of your non capital landmass(india/nepal/bhutan and ethiopia are examples). Either your landmass becomes part of the puppets network or vice versa, and the deployment of supplies may or may not apply to that landmass. I can't be sure, but I think what decides it is which nation has more EFFECTIVE IC. Keep in mind that the puppet will have core IC while you are stuck with annex or occupied IC so having more notches wont mean you beat his IC provinces.

No, I understand effective IC.

What I meant to ask is, "If a province is not a core, but contains IC, can I utilize it to spawn supply?" And the answer is, "Yes, prorated by the same modifiers for effective IC, meaning that occupation policy has a subsidiary impact on this whole business.

Yes but there has been no blood shed or sarcasm thrown in this thread yet - it's unique!!! :)

That's because after two years, people have decided to shelf their egos and maybe..just maybe figure out the elusive supply, i hear it's a rare species, nocturnal and difficult to spot.