• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(141006)

Buddhist
4 Badges
May 2, 2009
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Heir to the Throne
Mini-Mod: The Rise of SPQR

600px-New_SPQR_Flag.svg.png

I will create a mod whereas the player can start in 1933 and have the option to play with Italy and transform the country to S.P.Q.R through events just as Germany in 1933 (elections, flag prohibitions etc.) the S.P.Q.R will have claims on different regions that previously belonged to the empire.

Basically, if you choose in 1933 you have the option of building up your own version of S.P.Q.R, there will be events and decisions that will let you take different roads, place claims and establish relations!

It won't be an advanced mod, and if anyone wants to help I'd be glad..

((I will keep expanding this post.))

200px-Coat_of_arms_of_Rome.svg.png

CNM35-Rome.gif

The Roman Empire at its ultimate peak​

Last edited:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...Repository&p=13681651&viewfull=1#post13681651
This one is fantasy, but might be something you could use.
Oh, and there is also a Byzantium mod in the same vein somewhere down the line in that thread. Having them both in the same mod would be amusing, not sure if that sort of set up is something you are aiming for, though.

I see my friends, am I allowed to take help from this mod? I have a slightly different idea.

Although Mussollini had in RL the ambition to create his "Mare Nostrum" after WW2 but i don´t think he could this all alone so i think transforming Italy into a new Roman Empire in 1933 should come with a cost...

Yuk. Have you considered modding colourscales.csv and making a super Roman luminous Red?

Since I am a beginner, no, did not consider it until now. Will look it up!

Although Mussollini had in RL the ambition to create his "Mare Nostrum" after WW2 but i don´t think he could this all alone so i think transforming Italy into a new Roman Empire in 1933 should come with a cost...

I agree, I've just made the base of the events but I'd need some help on how to make it more realistic. Got any ideas?

I would say that when creating the Roman Empire, you need some support of the people. The monarcy was partly popular and Mussolini as well. So for Mussolini to gain the upper hand this would take several years to step by step eliminate the ruling monarchy without angering the rest of the nobles / industrialists and people. I guess that when Mussolini would take out the family in 1933 already this would result in high dissent (say 25-30%) + some revolts and other bad things. If he would do it gradually (through an event chain, spanning say 5 years) it would only cost 2-3 dissent and some slider changes...

Tim

I would say that when creating the Roman Empire, you need some support of the people. The monarcy was partly popular and Mussolini as well. So for Mussolini to gain the upper hand this would take several years to step by step eliminate the ruling monarchy without angering the rest of the nobles / industrialists and people. I guess that when Mussolini would take out the family in 1933 already this would result in high dissent (say 25-30%) + some revolts and other bad things. If he would do it gradually (through an event chain, spanning say 5 years) it would only cost 2-3 dissent and some slider changes...

Tim

It does make sense.

Yeah that would work as well...but the problem is with the monarchy that Mussolini does not have supreme power, he has to share this with the monarchy. I can imagine that a resurgent Roman Empire rules with a King / Emperor and will not always tolerate Mussolini (see the 1943 coup). I can imagine that two ways would be nice, but there would be some conflict in the Empire path, therefore it should cost less initially but later on there would be more problems (removing Mussolini and part of the fascist side of ministers). The SPQR path would focus on Mussolini and its dismantling of the monarchy, with the options of electing the Grand Fascist Council as replacement or conversion into the Senate. Or he could opt for removing the monarchy and replacing it with its own (or when Ciano is running around, use him as this guy is married into the Mussolini family)

just some ideas...

Tim

I think Italy should also become ostracized from the major powers of Europe except for the Eastern Europeans, because all of Western Europe was controlled by Rome at one point. Perhaps Germany as well.

I think Italy should also become ostracized from the major powers of Europe except for the Eastern Europeans, because all of Western Europe was controlled by Rome at one point. Perhaps Germany as well.

Yes why not, would a reason be due to the countries believing that the "new" Italy would want to reconquer their ancient territories? Would be a tough game for the player then.

What are your plans regarding the conquering and incorporating the old territories of Rome? Control them directly (e.g. using claims first and then after 3-7 years gaining cores on those territories) or use puppets a la Reichskommisariate (could also be used to ''Romanize'' the territories before annexing them to the Empire + you could add events that add teams from those territories)

Italy was already ostracized because they were gunning for colonial/Mediterranean empire.
Unless Italy will start actively enforcing their claims on mainland Europe, Germany wouldn't care. And only a very silly Italy would do it in the first place, as they had no resources to enforce claims.
This is more of What If scenario, in case axis win WW2.
See "The Man in the High Castle". Axis won, everyone got their own empire and then the tensions started.

I'd kill for a mod based on it

What are your plans regarding the conquering and incorporating the old territories of Rome? Control them directly (e.g. using claims first and then after 3-7 years gaining cores on those territories) or use puppets a la Reichskommisariate (could also be used to ''Romanize'' the territories before annexing them to the Empire + you could add events that add teams from those territories)

I've only thought about it a touch, it's pretty hard. Placing claims/putting cores on all the mediterranean is pretty unrealistic and aggressive, that's my point of view anyway. Basically there will just be some events where the player can choose if he wants to put pressure on bordering countries such as Yugoslavia/France/eventually Greece etc.