• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

damnt512

General
79 Badges
Jun 14, 2010
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Victoria 2
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 - Second Wave
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
hi, i'm currently playing as spain now in 1.3 and trying the best i could to industrialize but wasn't very successful, all because they are really lacking in craftsmen.

i've set the poor taxes to 50%, the middle 60%, and the rich 4 % with no tariff(i intend to lower the poor and middle taxes). i also encourage all my NF for craftsmen, any other way to encourage craftsmen in spain ?

I join his question!

hi, i'm currently playing as spain now in 1.3 and trying the best i could to industrialize but wasn't very successful, all because they are really lacking in craftsmen.

i've set the poor taxes to 50%, the middle 60%, and the rich 4 % with no tariff(i intend to lower the poor and middle taxes). i also encourage all my NF for craftsmen, any other way to encourage craftsmen in spain ?

a good recipe I've fished from somehwere in the forums would be that you indeed lower both the taxes for the poor, compared to those for the middle class AND the military spending. Thus more people will demote into your lower classes where craftsmen and soldiers belong and the low military salaries will make sure that those people choose to become craftsmen over soldiers.

EDIT: Combine the above with the appropriate use of national foci for craftsmen for increased effect

I've seen this work with varying degrees of success though...so there must be other mechanics at work, too

What's spain's literacy at the start? Literacy helps craftsmen promote as of 1.3. Alternatively, restart the grand campaign and let the carlist rebels take over. When provinces are occupied, the workers become unemployed and the RGOs don't hire them back very fast, creating lots and lots of unemployment which produces craftsmen.

a good recipe I've fished from somehwere in the forums would be that you indeed lower both the taxes for the poor, compared to those for the middle class AND the military spending. Thus more people will demote into your lower classes where craftsmen and soldiers belong and the low military salaries will make sure that those people choose to become craftsmen over soldiers.

EDIT: Combine the above with the appropriate use of national foci for craftsmen for increased effect

I've seen this work with varying degrees of success though...so there must be other mechanics at work, too
i would love to do that if not because of SUPER FRANCE IN 1.3 that shares land border with me and i don't know when will the chance to form an alliance with them come because acquire state CB is what i really afraid of, i'm not safe if i'm not in an alliance with them(in early game britain dow me for andalucia because of that cb)

What's spain's literacy at the start? Literacy helps craftsmen promote as of 1.3. Alternatively, restart the grand campaign and let the carlist rebels take over. When provinces are occupied, the workers become unemployed and the RGOs don't hire them back very fast, creating lots and lots of unemployment which produces craftsmen.
i've done that since the start of the game, because i find the carlist government would make a better foundation of industries in spain, but in mid game i doubt i can do it that way again. even if i could, that would severe my relations with my neighbors(especially super france)

i would love to do that if not because of SUPER FRANCE IN 1.3 that shares land border with me and i don't know when will the chance to form an alliance with them come because acquire state CB is what i really afraid of, i'm not safe if i'm not in an alliance with them(in early game britain dow me for andalucia because of that cb)

Oh, I didn't know you had issues with France.
Now, the method I suggested might put a dent into your armed force's polished armor so If you heavily rely on them to pursue your national interest you might want to consider other ways.
But truth be told I don't expect there should be a hugely significant negative effect...

Not that helpful but when I read the thread title my brain immediately did a darth vader voice saying, "I find your lack of craftsman disturbing."

I don't intend to troll but it is "craftmen"

But yeah let carlist occupy lots of provinces to get high employment then get factories and BOOM you got big industry going on

This seems to be WAD. Spain was a broken country after the Napoleonic Wars and independence movements in Latin America.

This is particularly why you don't see much of it in the 19th century. Spain should be difficult to play, along with Portugal.

Also, you should have high enough relations with Britain/France midgame if you spend you use your diplomacy points to keep good relations with them.

it seems industrialization is a very hard thing for spain(because all advices in this thread is something that i had done since the start in my game), considering my powerful neighbor i can never let my guard down.

Actully its not that hard with the NF heck I even got some without it in PDM and if you want to expand I recommended Allying with GB to make sure France doesn't push you around
also keep education spending at 100% because in vanilla i was able to get around a lit rate of 70% with spain

I don't intend to troll but it is "craftmen"

But yeah let carlist occupy lots of provinces to get high employment then get factories and BOOM you got big industry going on

Actually the English word is "craftsman."

Anyways, I wonder how well it would work to take over populous areas such as Java or parts of modern-day Pakistan, turn them into states, and build factories there...

It could work, but those areas have very low literacy IIRC, which would slow down promotion to craftsmen, and granting those areas state-hood would probably drag Spain's already poor literacy down even further.

Actully its not that hard with the NF heck I even got some without it in PDM and if you want to expand I recommended Allying with GB to make sure France doesn't push you around
also keep education spending at 100% because in vanilla i was able to get around a lit rate of 70% with spain
i would love to ally with britain if it's not for them DoW me early in the game for andalucia, it really broke my relations with them. i think they just don't like the outcome of the civil war because i let the carlist win.