• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Whoo, the Mongolians now are more fearsome than they have ever before been, because they have FLYING HORSES!! :D

Fixed.

Thanks a bunch! :rofl:

By the way, I have added a Topic Content on the first page so it is easier to leap to the topic of interest via hyperlink. It is already nine pages and Khan is still not done in China.
Please feel free to comment on the AAR style. I feel the flow might have been bogged down in details of too many battles so I have been summarizing multiple battles in a single pass.

Cool aar :D

Near death experience....for the army of the empire!!!

Thx a bunch! :D:D
Back to the front....

Jun 1st, 1940
More happenings on June 1st, Joseph Stalin went the way of Hitler… Baltic nation of Latvia as a fascist state do not align to that of Stalin’s.

209latvia.jpg

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Wow-wee!! Uncle Joe has the same ambition as Hitler!

Amar (Head of State): And us! Territory matters! It is a sign of a nation greatness!

Jun 2nd, 1940

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): More fighting willies with blazing artilleries from the deal with Stalin!

210tradetwomore.jpg

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): That should bring our infantry division count from 12 to 14! But we’re still smaller than Khan’s ancient army of 200,000 men!

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Yes, yes. Get me more lands, more recruits and our army shall grow!!!

Jun 3rd, 1940

Nyambuu (Intel): The city of Jinan is teeming with people who supported the Yuan Dynasty of Khan and who would have re-join us at first opportunity!

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Then opportunity must be given to them! Storm across the Yellow River!

211jinanattack2.jpg

Insufficiently defended Jinan fall prey to the Mongol hordes! Those who yearns to be with the glorious army of Khan rejoices, those who did not faced death. Well it means 90% gets slain, muahahahahaa!! No wonder Mongolia only gets 10% of captured foreign manpower! :rofl:

Jun 7th, 1940
More encirclement of Japanese forces south of Beijing and attempts of reinforcement of Jinan by the Japanese are thwarted. The Japanese forces are sill considerable in numbers and are fighting back! :eek:

212battleground.jpg

Jun 9th, 1940
Jinan fell to FM Choybalsan finally. Despite a three sides counterattack by Japanese, Mongol stood their ground and as a results, Japanese attacks falters.

213jinanwin2.jpg

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): As usual, when we advance in strength, we are undefeatable. We shall take Qingdao quickly as to entrapped Japanese divisions at Yantai!

Nyambuu (Intel): Qingdao enemy numbers too many, we need to recuperate our army sufficiently before we could attack!

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): If we cannot attack fast, we have a real danger of being encircled if Japanese were to counter-advance to Yucheng to our rear!! :eek:

After the long and brutal battle for Jinan that requires crossing of Yellow River, the Mongol army are more than half depleted in term new battle preparedness. The Mongols needs to recuperate first before carrying out Choybalsan’s plan but time is not on their side! Will the lightly defended Yucheng fall before the Yantai could be cut-off and attacked? The dilemma is intense. The entire Mongol army could be wiped off based on the next course of action!!!

Lhumbe (Armaments): Hello Generals. Just to inform you that our IC hit 41/31, a new peak!

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): What "I see"??! I See what? Don’t see nothing! I’m trying to think here! :mad: Fate of Mongolia in my hands..!!

Jun 14th, 1940

Lhumbe (Armaments): We have discovered some advance mechanical calculators, the abacus is now obsolete! A more sexy name to it is Census Tabulating Machine!

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): It looks kind of a soup-up typewriter, it better be assisting the war effort and not just help your secretary do her report!

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Gimme Deep Logistics! Our empire is becoming so large and we need better logistical support!

Lhumbe (Armaments): Right away! For that we enlist top notch Mr Honda who has skill level no other team could match to do the job!

214census.jpg

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): With blueprints here, it better be done in less than 6 months!

Jun 15th – 20th, 1940

215latviaannexed.jpg

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Two nations back to back annexations by Stalin within a span of a week!

Amar (Head of State): Cruel but great! I wonder when is our turn to do the same!

Jun 21st, 1940
Back in Jinan…

Nyambuu (Intel): Our position is too precarious. If Yucheng falls, the Mongol army and empire is no more! Japanese for the 3rd time has landed in Tianjin. (1st picture) They could reach Yucheng without needing to cross Yellow River!

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): You’re right, if we cannot advance now, we must fall back immediately. Back to Yucheng!

216neardeath2.jpg

But on Jun 22nd, Yucheng fell to Japanese cutting supplies off 95% of the entire Mongol army! :eek: (2nd picture). The Japanese arrives ONE HOUR before the Mongol army from Jinan reaches Yucheng at 1200hours before Choybalsan army’s ETA of 1300hours! :mad::mad::mad:

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Sons of Khan!! Breakout from this encirclement!!

With the Mongolian being outran by an hour and isolated, 13 Japanese division from four sides attempted to destroy the entrapped Mongolian army (3rd picture) The lead Mongolian elements of General Luvsan’s 2nd Armjia has reached Yucheng after defeating the Japanese but the province is still under the enemy control as Japanese is still trying to attack it, strange but true.
But by June 23rd 0200hours, Japanese attack on Yucheng ceased ceding control of the province back to Mongol. (4th picture) restoring vital supply line to the Mongol army that had yet to cross the Yellow River at Jinan.

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Our armies are battered but alive! This is a near death experience that all Mongol warriors should cherish! It makes us stronger!!

For a nail-biting 14hours, the Mongol Army was on the verge of being exterminated but the sons of Khan shall always prevail!!! :D

Jun 24th, 1940

217tianjin3rd2.jpg

The Japanese division at Tianjin is promptly finished off once more. The front is now stabilized with the Mongol army intact!

Last edited:
Just caught up with it again ;) Great progress considering your limited forces. How is the Southern Front holding up?

Remember, your lack of forces will only make the enevitable Mongolian victory even more glorious. The second wave of Mongol invasions will come as a even larger surprise for the world than the first ;)

EDIT: Do the Soviets still have many troops in the West? Otherwise they will be toast when Germany attacks, with their army still in Siberia. Or is that a part of your glorious plan? Because we all know that Mongolia is destined to rule over Central Asia, and beyond!

Just caught up with it again ;) Great progress considering your limited forces. How is the Southern Front holding up?

Remember, your lack of forces will only make the enevitable Mongolian victory even more glorious. The second wave of Mongol invasions will come as a even larger surprise for the world than the first ;)

EDIT: Do the Soviets still have many troops in the West? Otherwise they will be toast when Germany attacks, with their army still in Siberia. Or is that a part of your glorious plan? Because we all know that Mongolia is destined to rule over Central Asia, and beyond!

Southern Front updates will be coming up towards end of the week. :) Expect the news to be glorious as Army of Khan makes sushi out of the Japs ;) Key words like encirclement, pocket and tens of thousand enemy dead will be used liberally :cool:
Soviet have about 45divisions facing off Japs in the Manchurian region and 100+ more (didn't count) along the west and I do not understand why do they still have 30-40 divisions milling around the borders of Finland??! :wacko: With war against Japs, Finnish Winter War won't trigger. I got Soviet into the war before Nov, 1939 to prevent 'exodus' of Soviet forces to Finland. I don't care if Soviet get half run-over by German, I only care if German pushes BEYOND that :rofl: Uncle Joe is merely a tool for Mongol's path to WC!

Myth said:
Wow, that was a close one!
Enewald said:
Woah, they managed to trap one third of your army... what talents...

Dang close one! It's certainly more than 1/3 of my army trapped, it is almost ALL my army! :eek: Out of 14 divisions retreating, 9 was still at Jinan when Japs attacked and the 'out of supply' icon appear!
If I were to lose 'em and as I do not allow reloads, it will probably take 5 years to recover! :eek:o

Disaster, another leader...

Disaster!!
Sometime in June, 1940…

Nyambuu (Intel): Our 6th Mongols People’s Korpus foray into Korea that begun back on June 1st was apparently cut off at Wonsan. Lt Gen Demchegdongrov who is leading the division disbanded his militia army to avoid capture and he himself is missing after that! Apparently, we didn’t realize the Soviet guard that was protecting his rear was defeated at Sinuiji cutting off the 6th Corps as we were focusing on the battle at Yellow River!

Lhumbe (Armaments): None of the 5000 men disbanded return to our barracks or recruiting station. All of them were lost probably eking out in the rugged Korean mountains.

218mia2.jpg

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): A sad news indeed! 5000 good men lost and disappearance of Lt Gen Demchegdongrov! We needed all capable leaders we can and we lost one more! OK, all flags at half mast for one hour today! Yes, just one hour as we got a war too fight here!

Jun 27th, 1940

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Heyhey! Look what Uncle Joe is doing. He is certainly taking a cue from Hitler.

219romaniaclaims2.jpg

Amar (Head of State): Wow, by just asking, Joe got three additional provinces! It is certainly not our style. We take by arms!

July 14th, 1940

The Mongolian army return to Jinan in a second attempt to hold the position with half the force in Yucheng in defense. It didn’t work out. With the army strength divided into two on both banks of Yellow River, the numbers in Jinan is not strong enough to hold back Japanese attacks from four directions! :mad:

220jinanfall.jpg

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): It looks like we need to secure another less dangerous crossing at Yellow River. We have lost significant time at Jinan while the situation at Southern China gets grimmer by the day.:(

Lhumbe (Armaments): By the way, our IC reached new peak of 44/33…

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Gimme more infantry and Deep Logictics, not ‘I see’ what?!! :mad:

Lhumbe (Armaments): But higher IC will translate to higher TC that is the same effect of getting deep logistics!

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Enough of this ‘I see’ things!:mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:
Looks like imagehosting got issues today, lots of broken pix link, will redo upload again if did not recover by tmrw.

Enewald & Hebelecan: Blood of 5,000 Mongol raiders shall be repaid by 50,000 Japanese lives!!! Revenge!! :p

Btw, reloaded some crappy picture links that are either so slow or broken...

A new front!!!

The Mongols are slowing down! Not even they can be everywhere at once! :eek:

Slowly but will still surely prevail, you shall soon see;)

More bad news from the front...

July 19th, 1940

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): A big European superpower fame for their French Fries gone 6 feet underground today!

221francefall.jpg

Amar (Head of State): Yep, another faraway event but wait…! They are turning over their holdings at IndoChina to Japan! To Japan, my Khan!!! Holy!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): What’s going on??!! Luvsanshara! We have Japanese threat directly south of our China out of the blue without warning!

222indochina2.jpg

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Indo-China was turned over to Japan by French! Shit happens!

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Not only that, there is risk of the remnants of Soviet defenders being cut off! Kunming and whole of Yunnan is threatened! A direct land path from Japan’s puppet Siam to our part of China has been created!

Amar (Head of State): This is an unexpected grim news. Some European nation fall and it has direct implication on us. This is true bad luck! :(

July 25th, 1940

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): A little good news! Japan is stepping the toes of USA! An oil embargo has been imposed!

223oilembargo2.jpg

Amar (Head of State): A second front against Japan will certainly aid us in the war.

Aug 17th, 1940

Lhumbe (Armaments): We have build our first ship!

Pyrselov (Chief of Navy): YESS!!! Finally I can rule the seven seas!!

224buildconvoy.jpg

Lhumbe (Armaments): I mean convoy ships!

Pyrselov (Chief of Navy): -Speechless with jaw dropped!-

Lhumbe (Armaments): Hey, it has some use. Say in an isolated beach province or island for example in Hainan!

Pyrselov (Chief of Navy): I... want…. boats with GUNSSS!!!

Last edited:
Oooh shit, that's not good about Indochina. That said, they only have three invasion routes. I know from my own Japan AAR that there is no connection between Luang Prabang and China at all, so they can only attack from Haiphong. That, and the units spawned by the event are garrisons so for the moment your southern border should be safe. Still, the situation as the potential to get pretty ugly. It'll be fun and you could probably overrun Indochina pretty easily if you send enough force down to smack the garrisons. :D

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Enough of this ‘I see’ things!:mad::mad::mad:

The Mongols didn't need factories to conquer the world 700 years ago, neither do they today!

And the opening of the front in IndoChina should be seen as an oppurtunity to expand! Before Japan got it, you would have had to DOW the western allies, now you get it without the DOW! Its a win-win situation really ;)

I hope you won't have Soviet troops in China when Germany invades, fate of the Khaganate depends on Soviet Union!