• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Fine, you will resolutely lose when Germany realizes that she no longer needs you to get to 18 supply centers. That her three fleets (and the new builds from dismantling Austria) could quite easily defend her supply centers from any attempt you make to return Germany to a tie-win.

Germany is already close to having too many armies on the eastern front. Mark my words, Germany is not intent on a tied victory, she will be fully capable of soloing in a year or so. Once that happens, kiss your chances of victory goodbye.

If I were Vainglory, I'd string you along, get as many of your fleets into the Med as possible, stack my armies and wait for the appropriate moment (say with 3-4 supply centers to go, and move my fleets into the North Sea and my armies into France. Austria by that point will be too weak to stalemate his armies, and you will be blatantly out of position and unable to prevent the solo. This is the most likely scenario of you remaining allied to Germany.

Austria will not give up her home centers easily, and you will find it difficult to break into the balkans through Ion. The only easy gain supply centers are in the east, away from your forces, and in Germany's grasp, as Austria will not defend them as strongly as she will her home centers.

If you remain in that alliance, Germany solos. It is inevitable.

We do not conduct British foreign policy. We are only here until Prime Minister Athalcor returns from his vacations.

For the foreseeable future, however, We do not regard Germany as a threat.

Now, will you die, sir?

We do not conduct British foreign policy. We are only here until Prime Minister Athalcor returns from his vacations.

For the foreseeable future, however, We do not regard Germany as a threat.

Now, will you die, sir?

Your planning horizon is shorter than mine then.

And you should know that I am already dead.

Your planning horizon is shorter than mine then.

And you should know that I am already dead.

In that case, your fleets are going rogue, I'm afraid.

In that case, your fleets are going rogue, I'm afraid.

It seems they answer to the Germanic throne at Vienna, doesn't it?

Almost like your fleets are making homage to those upstart pretenders from Berlin. I expected much better from the House of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha...

:p

Almost like your fleets are making homage to those upstart pretenders from Berlin. I expected much better from the House of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha...

Hey, at this point, I'm just moving pieces around on the board for funsies.

Hey, at this point, I'm just moving pieces around on the board for funsies.

It would be quite 'funsies' to see the look on the smug Kaiser should you move your fleets into France and the low countries...

It would be quite 'funsies' to see the look on the smug Kaiser should you move your fleets into France and the low countries...

How long would you say homo sapiens has been on the planet?

Perhaps the Austro-German Alliance did win, and we're just fighting a civil war?

Hmm...I don't actually ever recall leaving the British out to dry. Our only points of cooperation were during the invasion of Russia.

Russia, I don't think we stabbed.
Turkey had been a respectful adversary until recently.
Italy we've certainly been less than honest with (as they with us on occasion).
France we were working with until Italy went behind our backs and eliminated them.
And Germany we definitely stabbed.

Unfortunately, reis and I both seem to come from a Diplomacy tradition that tries not to attach too much emotional value to stabs. My presumption was that since it was obvious we couldn't advance past Warsaw and Moscow and it would require massive re-orientation to bring Germany's forces against us, that once that was done the war would effectively be over. Ah, c'est la vie.

I must admire the speed with which the Germans were able to re-orient and re-compose their military.

The German stab would have been better if (1) we didn't have Civil Disorder, (2) we had been able to shift more of our forces away from the Turkish flank.

Austria needs Britain to waver in order to win.

Britain remains resolute. Austria will not win.

Austria needs Britain to waver in order to win.

Britain remains resolute. Austria will not win.

Germany needs Britain to remain resolute to solo win.

Britain remains resolute. Therefore Germany will win solo.

Germany needs Britain to remain resolute to solo win.

Britain remains resolute. Therefore Germany will win solo.

You keep telling yourself that, sweetheart.

I will quit Austria if Britain ceases her foolish efforts at uniting Europe under a German banner, which is an aberration in terms of British foreign policy since times immemorial.

*That would actually bring Austria and Britain closer together.

I will point out that if Britain stabbed Germany, all they would recieve for it would be the loss of their home supply centers, and extending the game even further while Austria climbs its way out of the rubble and secures itself for an Austrian-Turkish win.

*That would actually bring Austria and Britain closer together.

I thought that was the point. Surely I wasn't the only one who thought that Britain's unswerving loyalty to Germany was in part because EURO would settle for nothing more or less than the destruction of reis?

I loathe disloyalty. Utterly abhor it.

Which is why you're never loyal to anyone. Including yourself.

Trust and loyalty need be earned, contemptible chinaman.