• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This patch seems to have slowed down my game. I tried Jutland and got regular stutters (graphics and sound) after a while. But then when I reopened the mission to start again they had gone. Could have been because there had earlier been a lot going on but they didnt seem to go away once I had killed a few ships/got rid of a few missiles. The music/sound was even stuttering whilst in the paused state on the escape screen - so dont see how it can be related to whats going on in the game.

Also is it just me or have my ship's missile launch animations disappeared since this patch? The enemy ones still seemed to work but I didnt see any friendly (Nato) missile launch smoke throughout the Jutland mission.

Also my computer crashed trying to start the game a third time when I tried to click on the single player missions option. Couldn't close the game screen or anything - completely froze. Had to Ctl Alt Del to get rid of it. But I have since tried again and it was fine. First crash ever in this game after playing it for 15 hours or more :(

I will try another mission tomorrow and see if I get these stutters back and that would be of concern if it happened in every mission.

I got the same, specifically the sound stuttering. But, it's going on since the game was released. I already provided the logs and Jan got them for review.

yeah I noticed a very slight sound stuttering too which I hadn't noticed before :)

I think the sound stuterring only happens in certain mission like the new Jutland 2030 could be because it is a large one. In mine it's hardly noticeable though luckily.

Nice patch I already can see the improvement to visual detection.

Thank you for the patch and the Jutland 2030.

Edit: After playing a campaign North by northeast I can say there's no [noticable] drop in performance before and after the patch.
There is no stuttering in the campaign mission I'm playing atm.

Edit: It seems there's a slight stutter with audio. But I don't think it's performance related. Probably because the sound file is not looping perfectly. But I'm not sure if that's the cause but one can notice there's a break now and then in the sound/audio the game plays.

Last edited:
Hello, guys. I have downloaded the demo and enjoy the game very much - enough to know that buying it before the summer holiday may result in a disaster... ;)
However, demo freezes frequently (never had a 30 minutes play, on XP-32bit). Any possibility of applying the patch to it (Steam does not recognise the patch for demo, only for the full version)?

Best wishes and good luck in solving remaining problems.

Hello, guys. I have downloaded the demo and enjoy the game very much - enough to know that buying it before the summer holiday may result in a disaster... ;)
However, demo freezes frequently (never had a 30 minutes play, on XP-32bit). Any possibility of applying the patch to it (Steam does not recognise the patch for demo, only for the full version)?

Best wishes and good luck in solving remaining problems.

Or you could try using Windows 7. XP is quite old. Besides 7 is a fine OS.

Or you could try using Windows 7. XP is quite old. Besides 7 is a fine OS.
Please, stop to suggest to move to Windows 7 to play NWAC: this does not make sense and let the people with freezing issue ever more angry.

Unfortunately we have a big issue, that sometime hits also people with Windows 7, and unuseful suggestions are not welcome: we are waiting since more than 3 weeks hoping in a patch that solve the problem and we already discussed about the OS versions and how Windows 7 works better than Windows XP but, frankly speaking, change OS just to play NWAC does not appear as a realistic solution.

Last edited:
Please, stop to suggest to move to Windows 7 to play NWAC: this does not make sense and let the people with freezing issue ever more angry.

Unfortunately we have a big issue, that sometime hits also people with Windows 7, and unuseful suggestions are not welcome: we are waiting since more than 3 weeks hoping in a patch that solve the problem and we already discussed about the OS versions and how Windows 7 works better than Windows XP but, frankly speaking, change OS just to play NWAC does not appear as a realistic solution.

Judging by your post you need to try out windows 7 its a hell of a drug

Thanks for a quck answer Jan, I am then waiting for a next patch.

7 is marvellous indeed, but I do not want to buy a second license for the desktop I use once a month and my laptop is to old for NWAC :(

After 1.0.4.3 I cannot Alt+Tab to Windows without the game being messed up when I return to the game (The screen gets stuck in a way I cannot easily describe). I am guessing this is a side effect of new Tab hotkey introduced in 1.0.4.3. Can you fix this in a hotfix patch? No Alt+Tab is pretty serious/annoying.

Thanks.