• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just read the whole thing.

I like that you're playing MEIOU, like me! :D I really do think the mod is the best one out there, MM is nice but tries to do to much.
The nation choice is great too, something different from the usual stuff. Once you attain rulership over South America i suppose you'll take on Tenochitlan? That could be interesting with their bonus. After that it's the Europeans of course, so the challenge will keep coming :).

Happy to have you reading! :) Yeah, I try to enter Central America via PU's if I can - that's the only way at this point. Hopefully that succeeds before the Europeans come...

Only downside is a personal point, i like a lot of narrative from the POV of the nation, kings and all that. A bit of RP'ing, well a lot actually. But i still like where this is going, so keep it up!

I do play RP, I just don't write a lot of narrative here. :) My HT Succession Game entries are somewhat narrative from the monarch's POV, and the updates get out of hand. :D Here, I'm trying to progress more than half a years an update and keep update length under War and Peace.

Unfortunately, update won't come until tomorrow - I knew that I might have a busy day IRL and that's how it ended up being.

I'd always recommend Venn diagrams as a seduction tool over spreadsheets ;)

Is it possible to colonise your way to Central America?

Very good updates, cracking progress, it doesn't seem as if there are many nations in your vicinity which can trouble you overmuch.

Yeah, maybe Tenochitlan can become somewhat of a problem, but the cowardly Scots are nowhere to be seen! What luck!

Only downside is a personal point, i like a lot of narrative from the POV of the nation, kings and all that. A bit of RP'ing, well a lot actually. But i still like where this is going, so keep it up!

Not me. I prefer gameplay AARs, that's why this piqued my interest. :)

No worries, we can wait :)

Good. :) RL is BUSY now so even though I have some updates finished I can't seem to find a peaceful moment at my computer to just upload the images and format the text. However, the wait shouldn't be long at all anymore - I'll have free time in less than two hours and after that, doing what I still have to do for the update shouldn't take long.

I'd always recommend Venn diagrams as a seduction tool over spreadsheets ;)

Is it possible to colonise your way to Central America?

Hehe :D No, I'm pretty much going to need Trade tech 15 IIRC (something in that vicinity), and that's of course impossible before westernizing.

Very good updates, cracking progress, it doesn't seem as if there are many nations in your vicinity which can trouble you overmuch.

Thanks. :) Oh yeah? You'll see in the update what happens when I bite off more than I can chew. :rolleyes: It gets a bit intense but, when I'm this big, there's no way in hell that I'd wait for an opportunity when I can just try to brute force my way around. :D

Yeah, maybe Tenochitlan can become somewhat of a problem, but the cowardly Scots are nowhere to be seen! What luck!

Actually, I'd be thrilled if a Scottish colony popped up next to me. That opinion is close to sacrilege, I know, but at least then there'd be even more action. ;)

Not me. I prefer gameplay AARs, that's why this piqued my interest. :)

Yes, to each his own. I prefer gameplays too when I'm reading - not sure yet what my favorite style to write is.

Oooh spreadsheets not spreading sheets:D
I was going to say something else but i'll just leave it as is
Nice that the Cuzco elite now have some opportunity to bask at the seaside in
comfort.

:D In comfort? Those lands are trouble, trust me. :eek:

No colonists from Coastal COTs in this mod?

If there are build a COT and hope to spawn a colonist before it disappears.

Chapter Six
1370-1374

The next couple of years turn out to be pretty quiet, with the regency prohibiting any action.

Now, the sad thing about our newest conquests is that they are Nazca culture, which is only in the same culture group, not an accepted culture. All of our previous provinces were either Quechuan (our primary culture) or accepted Aymara.

This means that any WE or other revolt risk goes over the limit easier there. This is demonstrated in November, when we get a wave of Obscurantism and rebellious thought rises.

08_01.jpg

During Cuzco's undertakings so far, we've seen multiple reasons why native Americans are more playable in MEIOU than in vanilla - they have forts, can't be insta-annexed and there's way more to do, most importantly. One more thing is tech rate: the speed is 35 % instead of 10 % here, so we actually get our first tech in July 1371.

08_02.jpg

I've been investing full Government since the beginning, as the first NI at level six is the only big advantage I could see us reaching in the first century or so. Note that the tech came about ten years (or forty percent) earlier than it said in the beginning. That shows how much Cuzco's economy has progressed.

Some Huancan nationalists rise in Huancavelica in November, but they're taken care of in the next couple of months.

Our royal marriages produce some results for the first time. It's not what I'm really looking for, but nevertheless, an emperor of our dynasty rises to Chibchaya's throne in early 1372. The same happens in Quito in September!

08_03.jpg

I don't know what the case is with Chancay and Chimu - maybe they were Hanan when this whole dynasty thing started. For some reason, the starting monarchs in the region didn't have a dynasty.

Note also that Chibchaya is in trouble, and Huancauilcas (the selected province) defected back to Quito back in May.

Late in the year, with Tupac Amaru close enough to rising to the throne, I start looking around for targets and find out that the AI has used the down time wisely. Not only have nations such as Chimu built pretty big armies, most tribes are allied with or guaranteeing each other. It's time to devise a plan.

At least now, Chimu is only allied with Aymara and Ayamarca - they are the only DoW target that allows me to avoid Chibchaya. If I play my cards right, I can fight a war here and then turn against Chibchaya, getting the infamy reduction. Troop numbers, however, are inconvenient:

08_04.jpg

I start a recruiting program. Our army will become larger than we can properly support, but Cuzco's economy is strong enough and we have enough cash that it's not a problem.

My preparations are well timed as Tupac Amaru I, later to be known as Tupac Amaru the Ill-advised, rises to the throne in February 1373.

08_05.jpg

08_06.jpg

A large part of getting a new ruler in MEIOU is the celebration option. I have some missing legitimacy and prestige due to regency and a throne claim in Central America (nothing comes of it), so it's a no-brainer to have a huge celebration.

08_07.jpg

The big celebration costs less and has less benefits, a small celebration costs only a little bit and has no effect, while having no celebration at all doesn't cost anything but gives legitimacy and prestige penalties.

We not only get the revolt risk tribal penalty back, but also get a tax penalty from Tupac Amaru's trait. He truly is a horrible ruler with his abysmal stats and this to boot. He is, however, a 2/4/2/3 general.

08_08.jpg

We're already moving the troops towards suitable borders for attacking Chimu when disaster strikes. A pretender seizes Chibchaya's throne in May and, for some reason, that causes our great mission to fail! :confused:

08_09.jpg

This sucks.

The next mission, "Repair Relations with Chibchaya" just adds salt into the wound. I instantly declare war on the bastards, failing the new mission. I should have thought a bit first, got into position, built some more troops and allied my vassal, but it felt right to act when I found out about the transgression.

08_10.jpg

Aymara has two stacks of 6000 men in both of their isolated border provinces. I send 9000 warriors to both of my adjacent provinces, hoping to just keep Aymara home and get a white peace as soon as possible.

08_11.jpg

Tupac Amaru takes his men to Vilcabamba in Ayamarca. The province has helped me before by not being too nasty to attack, and it works again.

08_12.jpg

This is a good start to the conflict. I'm also trying to get Ayamarca out of the war, but I have to be proactive here because of the border shape.

The armies ping-pong to Sharanawa, back to Vilcabamba, and to Sharanawa again. There, the Ayamarca stack is destroyed. It's July at this point and I can already spread out for sieges in Ayamarca territory - however, I don't have enough men to siege all provinces efficiently.

Soon afterwards, Tupac Amaru leads his men towards Tucume with only 5000 Chibchaya warriors in that province, and with reinforcements from Cuzco under way.

08_13.jpg

Losing over two thousand men to just a handful (I had horrible rolls), I retreat when more Chibchaya troops arrive. The army and the reinforcements head for Cajamarca, meeting Chibchaya's forces there.

08_14.jpg

The ugly rolls continue, I have no choice but to regroup. I have no idea why it shows no leader here, I did have Tupac Amaru there.

To continue on the sad theme, there's a volcanic eruption in Cochabamba. The natural disaster kills not only 6000 locals, or 60 % of the province populace, but also almost a thousand people in adjacent Chuquipaya. Tupac Amaru seems to be cursed somehow.

Horrible news - Chibchaya has hired a six-star general. This war will be painful.

08_15.jpg

It might be smartest to wait until Cajamarca falls and scorch Huanuco, but I won't bother as that's the only front with potential for action now. So instead, I send fresh regiments from Ayamarca sieges to the front. My manpower is finished, so waiting for the existing stack to heal doesn't work. At least Chibchaya seems to have trouble with manpower and WE too.

To add to my worries, there's a Nazcan revolt in Arequipa. I can't do anything about it.

Cajamarca falls in May 1374 and the Chibchaya stack, instead of going for Huanuco, heads towards Manubo, an Ayamarca province I'm sieging. Big mistake - they're beaten in the summer.

08_16.jpg

I seriously need more troops north and a way to deal with those rebels. Fortunately, Aymara accepts my white peace offer, closing the other front.

After some dark times, I've actually won a battle and only have two tribes to worry about now. I consider these a glimmer of hope.

The house of a Cuzco nobleman, January 16th 1373. The nobleman, an economic expert serving on the regency council, is advising the young Tupac Amaru less than a month before his ascension.

Tupac Amaru: "Tell me again, which provinces should we take from an ecological point of view?"

Nobleman: "Surely you mean economic?" Tupac Amaru nods. "I've told you a million times, we prefer to go after gold, diamond or silver provinces."

Tupac Amaru: "How come? Sure they look magnetic - sorry - magnanimous, but what use are they for the tribe?"

Nobleman: "Magnificent. Well, they sell for nice enough money. Apart from you using the state treasure to buy anything that shines, it's mostly Mr. Chilche that purchases those goods. He likes his bling-bling so we get very, very nice prices for anything we can dig up. Without him, that industry wouldn't make any sense."

Tupac Amaru: "Oh wow. That dude's awesome. But wait - won't he die at some point? Wouldn't that business go crashing down when Yahuar kicks the buckler?"

Nobleman: "Bucket! Come on, that's just two syllables, you should be able to handle that! Why do I bother anymore... Anyway, that won't be a problem, he has this huge entourage... now what does he call it... oh right, this huge posse that use whatever is left from him. I'm sure they and any future members will be drooling for that stuff for centuries."

Tupac Amaru: "Yeah I would at least! I want to be just like him when I grow up, only I'll be the emporium too!"

The nobleman didn't bother anymore.

Ok I RP'd myself into trouble, happy now Beowulf1990? :rofl:

No colonists from Coastal COTs in this mod?

If there are build a COT and hope to spawn a colonist before it disappears.

No, I already mentioned that at some point. I obviously would have either built one or grabbed Chimu's if there were. :) No need to fear disappearing, there are two CoTs in the area anyway (mine in Cuzco and Chimu's in one of their coastal provinces).

Oh and Rabid, I haven't forgotten your request for a trade map. I'll post it soon enough, maybe tomorrow. :)

That was a very funny RP bit. Very nice!

Good progress with the game too!

The peace with Aymara should have won the war for you, that's 18,000 troops you can bring into the war.

Cuzco does seem to be having a bit of a problem with its upper nobility. Perhaps a Communist revolution is in order? (Damn, forgot this isn't Vicky 2).

Ok I RP'd myself into trouble, happy now Beowulf1990? :rofl:

No, I already mentioned that at some point. I obviously would have either built one or grabbed Chimu's if there were. :) No need to fear disappearing, there are two CoTs in the area anyway (mine in Cuzco and Chimu's in one of their coastal provinces).

Oh and Rabid, I haven't forgotten your request for a trade map. I'll post it soon enough, maybe tomorrow. :)

Actually, I am :)
I hate it when people play a min/max game, i prefer for at least SOME decisions being influenced by what seems 'right', just as you did here.
You should be able to pull through this though. Although i'd not get into an offensive battle with that 6-star killing machine!

Soon every man has a golden chain around his neck.
Even slaves!

Not every man - only the ones who YHC allows to have them.

I wonder if I should start a series of Yahuar Hacuac Chilche Facts. :D

That was a very funny RP bit. Very nice!

Good progress with the game too!

Glad you liked it. :)

The peace with Aymara should have won the war for you, that's 18,000 troops you can bring into the war.

Cuzco does seem to be having a bit of a problem with its upper nobility. Perhaps a Communist revolution is in order? (Damn, forgot this isn't Vicky 2).

Nah, you can't let a few rotten apples ruin a good system. :p

If only I could actually bring all those troops...

Actually, I am :)
I hate it when people play a min/max game, i prefer for at least SOME decisions being influenced by what seems 'right', just as you did here.
You should be able to pull through this though. Although i'd not get into an offensive battle with that 6-star killing machine!

Yeah I was done with min/maxing in EU III SP ages ago. It's easy enough to thrive without it, after all. And I may not have the patience (when it comes to gaming, that is, as I do that to relax) to make an AAR with some ridiculous PrawnStar-ish aim, so I rather take this approach. ;)

That general is troublesome - in large part because of those huge casualties he caused before I noticed they had gotten the new general between battles. :(

Tupac seems...
like an advertisement for why having an inbred nobility is foolish but really
Dewirix, no commies!

Yeah, the guy is incompetent and stupid as hell and can't seem to hold onto money. And both the pseudo random number generator and the forces of nature seem to hate him too. I can't wait to get rid of him to start rolling again.

Finally, as promised, here's the trade goods map of South America:

trade.jpg

I've circled all gold, silver and diamonds with the sexy pink and marked CoTs with X. The Cuzco X is small because it also has gold so the X couldn't really fit, but you should be able to notice it.

I started with one CoT and one province of valuables, got another via event and conquered four so far.

Aymara still has two target provinces, but they're far away and behind their capital. Chimu, meanwhile, has both one gold province and a CoT, while Quito has a diamonds province.

I left Mapuche off the map to keep it a bit smaller - they have nothing of particular interest.

South America has a lot of awesome stuff, for sure! I like it.

What do you do with all those shiny stuff?
It cannot be eaten, it has no value, why bother getting it? :p

Well you can't build a palace out of corn now can you?

Also,
mr-t1.jpg

I pity the fool who go's up in Cuzco's business!!!