Can you invade any american country with Transport ships as playing Germany?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yes, but it will be very dangerous so have plenty of reserve transports in case they intercept and sink some of them.

My preferred route is Azores->Cuba->Florida, especially good if you are not at war with USA since it gives you plenty of time to arrange paratroops in Havana.

Yes, but it will be very dangerous so have plenty of reserve transports in case they intercept and sink some of them.

My preferred route is Azores->Cuba->Florida, especially good if you are not at war with USA since it gives you plenty of time to arrange paratroops in Havana.
great info if i get to my computer then i will try it out

if i get to my computer then i try it out

Have 4-10 Paratroopers within range of US East Coast (up to Boston if possible), and rest of your troops in Cuba. When you attack, land the Paratroopers across US East Coast and wait for the diversion to work. Once the US troops are bound with the Paratroops (the more you have on one spot the longer they last, the less you have in larger area the more Americans you deceive) land your troops in Florida (use fast units) and just land in Miami and blitz 'em to hell. Nukes help a great deal.

Capturing airfields with the paratroops also helps, of course. Your main advantage is that the Americans can't spare troops to protect all their key points so you have plenty of room to work.

I like to take Iceland and Greenland while invading Denmark and use it to land in Canada.
But Canada is so slow to pass and big provinces. By the time you reach Toronto the Yankees have pulled all their troops to greet you. But it's true that invasion through Canada is much safer as you got more checkpoints than going through Cuba.

But when you DoW Cuba doesn't USA DoW you??????

Then DoW USA as well. You can still use Cuba as lift, it's just becomes more risky to ship 200 divisions across the sea unless you have Carriers of your own (for that I recommend two 10CV+20DD stacks)

Too bad you can't nuke sea provinces.

But Canada is so slow to pass and big provinces. By the time you reach Toronto the Yankees have pulled all their troops to greet you. But it's true that invasion through Canada is much safer as you got more checkpoints than going through Cuba.

By the time I invade America I already have many nukes lined up.

1.Land in Canada
2.Let American and Canadian forces build up
3.Mass nukings
4.Entire American+Canadian armies wiped out
5.Proceed to blitzkrieg

I used to land in USA whilst being at war with them via Cuba. You have to wait for carriers, though. Like 10 at least as Lord Finnish suggested.

Another way is to wait for the ICBMs, no need of nukes, but just logistic strikes and strat bombings. Than USA can't supply their troops and they just collapse.

I like to double up on them. Start with the Canada route, a la Stormkanonvagn, while mounting a diplomatic offensive against Mexico to bring them on board as an ally. Then transport there and open a second front - armour exploiting from there can put the Yanks in diabolical trouble.

I always use the Iceland --> Canada route in my German games. You are very much in a race against time so you'll want to land in Canada by late 1941. If you have the UK and USSR knocked out by that point it should be easy.

edit: Remember, sea transport range is much greater than amphibious assault range. Meaning once you take a Canadian port you can sea transport straight from Germany. I wouldn't do this if you are at war with America already though.