• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Your a cruel, cruel person Avindian! XD

You give us the most epic cliff-hanger in the history of AARdom and beyond and then leave for the month D:

Lovely work though! If I wasn't hooked before, I would be now.

Your a cruel, cruel person Avindian! XD

You give us the most epic cliff-hanger in the history of AARdom and beyond and then leave for the month D:

Lovely work though! If I wasn't hooked before, I would be now.

Many thanks, as always! One of these days, an Emperor should die of natural causes...

Many thanks, as always! One of these days, an Emperor should die of natural causes...

Because being stabbed is perfectly natural... :laugh:

Is it bad to wish your car breaks down and you have to stay at home and update? This cliff hanger is too cruel for politeness x.x

Read it a tweak wrong :)

No worries. :)

Is it bad to wish your car breaks down and you have to stay at home and update? This cliff hanger is too cruel for politeness x.x

I don't have a car ;)

In all seriousness, I debated about not including this update at all. I've known about this trip for quite some time, and I'd hoped I might even finish the AAR by now. As they say, life intervened. If one of my wealthier readers wants to donate a bunch of money so I can have a laptop that won't explode at the thought of trying to run Vicky 2, that's one way around this problem :D

Et tu, Avind?

What a fantastic cliffhanger! I hope you have an awesome trip, but come back and let us know what happens!

I will do that!

Et tu, Avind?

Just so. ;)

I am thinking -- I promise nothing, because I'll be pretty busy, but I am thinking -- of including a couple of mini-updates to tie up loose ends so far. Since I won't have access to the actual game, I can't promise anything detailed, but I would like to give you guys something to chew on while I'm gone.

I would bow to your epic epicness of awesome if you did that!

And this is how we, the readers take control of the writer's (Avindian's) life, so he never stops writing :p

First, he was cutting all connections with AARland, then he was taking the laptop, so as to check the comments. A little more pressure and he may be making some mini updates, to give us something to chew. A little more and we'll know his whereabouts. A bit more and he'll cancel the trip altogether.

I say that with enough resources we could take over the world :ja:

Last edited:
Where will you be going?

A summer military history seminar at West Point; even though my focus is naval history, this is too awesome a program to pass up.

And this is how we, the readers take control of the writer's (Avindian's) life, so he never stops writing :p

First, he was cutting all connections with AARland, then he was taking the laptop, so as to check the comments. A little more pressure and he may be making some mini updates, to give us something to chew. A little more and we'll know his whereabouts. A bit more and he'll cancel the trip altogether.

I say that with enough resources we could take over the world :ja:

I agree with the last sentiment entirely ;)

However, I cannot promise when or if I'll have a mini-update for you. I'm finding myself very busy (which is good!) and wi-fi is kind of spotty (which is less good). My schedule should lighten up, briefly, tomorrow and/or Thursday, and in that instance I may be willing to post an update (again, a mini-update) then. It's not guaranteed, though.

A summer military history seminar at West Point; even though my focus is naval history, this is too awesome a program to pass up.

That sounds amazing! Have fun while you're there, it sounds like an amazing opportunity.

Well hope the seminar is going well, but do hurry back the cliffhanging is a little too much!

Heh. I'll do what I can. If memory serves, there's nothing scheduled for this Sunday, so I might be able to do it then. We'll just have to see. I can give you an idea of what I've got planned (Internet willing): Laura Datti's case file from the archives of the Ministry of Security.

Yay! Party over at my place!