• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Another state losing the Blessings of God. Pity you have a total non-entity on the throne. Better now, rather than when you're fighting the Europeans.

Someone is holding out on you. They know how to sail. It's the army of hardy seaman.
And you still have no PU.

Well, I don't think you'll ever have to worry about anybody blobbing too bad in Central America. Considering that when any state gets big enough, it gets run over by rebels who then release a whole bunch of new states.

On the joys and wonders of tribal leadership, I remember in the 4.0c patch for HttT that those "X ruler shows weakness!" events would stack up until you had giant doomstacks wondering the land.

If Tlacopan has lost the Blessings of God modifier does that mean that no-one in Central America now has it? If so, that's good news for you if you can get a foothold there.

I assume the merchants in Lubeck are the same people who told you how big an army France is fielding.

It is a pity you cannot take advantage of the constant upheaval in central America and thus take a few (or all) provinces for yourself, although I am sure that will happen in the future. I was very surprised though with regards to a small celebration being held for Tupac Yupanqui II, a large rebellion would be more fitting!

ha, I like the Mesoamerican way of endless warfare!

I'm sure you do. :D It isn't even close to being over either.

good job, like how you use the resignation screen to commemorate a king.

Thanks, even though the text is a bit silly sometimes (for instance, Huayna Capac didn't actually convert Bio Bio eight times...)

And that army was just taking some sun (What you can rarely see in Finland) at the beach until me whit my super strenght caught them and closed them in my basement

Ah I see. I've heard about the dangers of sunbathing but they never mentioned that one. ;)

Another state losing the Blessings of God. Pity you have a total non-entity on the throne. Better now, rather than when you're fighting the Europeans.

True. The only problems that he causes at this point are economical (less tax, and more money needed for bribes due to lower DIP).

Someone is holding out on you. They know how to sail. It's the army of hardy seaman.
And you still have no PU.

Not much I can do to force a PU if it isn't willing to come. And I agree, if I ever catch those people...

Why don't you declare war some minor central american nation march your troops across the TI 1 at a time to avoid massive attrition and then ask for military access and combine them again.

That's unfortunately impossible: you can only enter enemy TI while at war, so I'd still have no way of getting through the uncolonized land between Cuzco and Central America.

Oh and nice to have you reading!

Well, I don't think you'll ever have to worry about anybody blobbing too bad in Central America. Considering that when any state gets big enough, it gets run over by rebels who then release a whole bunch of new states.

It's really the way they're able to seize provinces that causes the more major rebel opportunities. All the nations end up being discontinuous and therefore vulnerable. Tenochtitlan looked like it was going to consolidate the area, but lost BoG just in time.

Central America is turning to be interesting.
I wondering if Cuzco can survive many more years of peace and tranquility

The extra rebels do cause more trouble than the neighbors did. And it's good that there's something going on in the Americas, it makes playing the game nicer. :D

If Tlacopan has lost the Blessings of God modifier does that mean that no-one in Central America now has it? If so, that's good news for you if you can get a foothold there.

Yeah, no-one has it at that point, but that won't last long at all.

I assume the merchants in Lubeck are the same people who told you how big an army France is fielding.

Ah, good point. I now have one more lead for finding these people - I know it's someone that's interested in trade, military matters and celebrity gossip. A strange combination. Any ideas?

It is a pity you cannot take advantage of the constant upheaval in central America and thus take a few (or all) provinces for yourself, although I am sure that will happen in the future. I was very surprised though with regards to a small celebration being held for Tupac Yupanqui II, a large rebellion would be more fitting!

Hehe, yeah it was actually a very smooth change of rulers as he had perfect legitimacy. I can only hope that Central America has such circumstances when (if?) I get there.

Wheres our update :mad:

Like I said, I was out of town. I'm here again a bit earlier than expected (the interview didn't go all that well :(), and will post when I get my bearings here again. ;) So tonight or tomorrow, probably the latter as I'm exhausted right now. Oh and I'm not even late, it's only Thursday. :p

Ah, good point. I now have one more lead for finding these people - I know it's someone that's interested in trade, military matters and celebrity gossip. A strange combination. Any ideas?

Well if Yahuar Hacuac Chilche starts showing up decked out in Baltic amber I think we'll have found our man.

If you're going to find them, it'll be here or the Tea Party;)

Sorry to hear about the interview. Hope things go better for you next time around. Been there myself, it's not a lot of fun.

Well if Yahuar Hacuac Chilche starts showing up decked out in Baltic amber I think we'll have found our man.

That's funny but preposterous. :D Maybe we'll find some more clues in the next update...

Mwuhahahah my plan is almost complete :D

I get that you're joking, but please...

If you're going to find them, it'll be here or the Tea Party;)

Good call, both of them! :rofl:

Sorry to hear about the interview. Hope things go better for you next time around. Been there myself, it's not a lot of fun.

Thanks. :) That's very kind of you. It was maybe something of a pipe dream - I'm qualified for the position I interviewed for and am confident that I have the skills too, but really don't have the experience for such a high level job in my field. I fear that lack of experience showed in the process. Still, it would have been a dream come true and you're never going to succeed if you don't try, right? ;)

I'm dead tired so I'll go to bed early. Update will have to wait until tomorrow.

Chapter Sixteen
1425-1442

The solution for the September 1425 edition of Natural Disaster Cluedo: 1100 people! In Tucume! With an earthquake!

In December, Tenochtitlan declares war on Uxmal which is protected by Acolhua, Tlacopan (alliance leader) and Tlaxcala. A year later - December 1426 - Tenochtitlan pays Tlacopan 1021 ducats for peace, having become an OPM in the process.

18_01.jpg

Tenochtitlan's eastern provinces are divided between Tlacopan (three of the provinces) and Acolhua (one). Also, Uxmal gets her revenge for the province Tlacopan stole from them by doing the same thing: seizing a province that Tenochtitlan seized from Tlacopan during the war.

In the same month, we reach Government Tech 8. Grain Depot becomes available, and it is established in Sharanawa.

18_02.jpg

Turns out that the latest war was detrimental for Tlacopan as well: Maya rebels declare independence in the eastern part in the beginning of 1427.

18_03.jpg

Sheesh, after all the work I've put in trying to create a Native American empire, these guys just rise on the ruins of failure? I take issue!

Maya seems like a potential power in the region as they promptly get Blessings of God!

With their capital of late stuck inside Maya territory, Tlacopan moves its capital back to Tlacopan.

In February, tragic news reach the Cuzco court - perhaps the most tragic there can be.

18_04.jpg

After a fitting 69 years in the court, Yahuar Hacuac Chilche is finally gone. Rest in peace. :( A bling-bling festival is established in his name, making sure that there's demand for precious metals for centuries to come.

This brings our infamy limit to one. If there was something to conquer, I might be concerned.

Dewirix's outrageous claims are also proven wrong: European leaks don't end with YHC's death. :D

YHC is replaced by an advisor type that might need some balancing.

18_05.jpg

In September, we gain two more cores. These also lead to Chibcha being accepted.

18_06.jpg

Shipibo would have also cored now if not for its disasters.

In March 1428, Mapuche is converted. This makes Cuzco a purely Inti country again.

Having no heir leads to a pretty ugly event in October.

18_07.jpg

The lower legitimacy also gives us an infamy limit of -0.5.

Fortunately, the possibility of such events is removed in April 1429.

18_08.jpg

Pachacutec is a nice A/D/M 6/8/4.

I get a slider move in September and move Innovative. It's at 2 Narrowminded now - still some work needed, but I guess I have plenty of time.

In the next month, we get another case of my favorite event. This time I have enough cash to pay the one time hit.

18_09.jpg

After three rebel-infested but otherwise quiet years, we tech up in December 1433:

18_10.jpg

With this, I notice that I've missed something. Turns out that I can get new units at Land Tech 5, not 8 as I thought. :eek:o I start investing in Land, hoping to get the new type.

In April 1434, nobles demand compensation.

18_11.jpg

This move is a no-brainer - I go to -4 with this so it's not like I'm not Aristocratic enough, and the other option was quite expensive cash-wise.

November contains so much win.

18_12.jpg

These are from the biggest Aymara war, so I'm quite sure that this is the largest amount of cores we get the same month at any point.

Unsurprisingly, Aymara culture returns to accepted status.

I stop minting - with the new cores, I gain close to 90 ducats a year without minting when I'm at my trusty 63 % military maintenance. As I can (sometimes barely) handle the rebels this way, I'll rather tech faster.

In March 1435, general Sahuaraura has had enough of the rebel bashing and dies.

January 1436 edition of Natural Disaster Cluedo: 2400 people! In Vilcabamba! With plague!

Atahualpa is the next general to die in August 1437. At 4 fire and 3 shock, he was my go-to guy so this is problematic.

The replacement is very good considering my sad tradition. Finns can substitute the "c" in his name with an "h" to get a sense of what he's all about.

18_13.jpg

In March 1438, a monument is constructed in Quito to commemorate the great Tupac Yupanqui I and his conquest of the last great South American rival. The dolt we have on the throne doesn't notice the lack of another "I" and thinks it's for him.

November sees another good bunch of cores gained.

18_14.jpg

That's Ayamarca right there. Yearly gain is at 111 ducats without minting at my current maintenance level.

Our Master of Mint dies in October 1439. I use magistrates to Endorse Culture and Commission Painting, getting cultural tradition to 100 %. This allows a new six-star MoM.

18_15.jpg

April 1441 edition of Natural Disaster Cluedo: 6400 people and a temple, and 450 people! In Caterpe and Pica, respectively! With an earthquake!

Finally in November, we get Land Tech 5 and the units (as well as a Military Tactics upgrade):

18_16.jpg

I change the preferred infantry to American Mountain Warriors, which has 2 pips in everything (up one pip in both fires and offensive shock compared to the Native American Spearmen).

I decide to go Production now as level 5 is very close.

Let's finish by taking a quick look at the 2nd Maya Conquest of Uxmal, which raged from April 1440 to November 1442.

The war featured Maya against Tlacopan, Uxmal, Tlaxcala and Acolhua. It led to some interesting territory changes in eastern Central America.

18_17.jpg

Acolhua was quick to bow out after seizing one province (1).

Tlaxcala, which until now had done maybe the best job of staying where it's supposed to be, fought a long campaign, going back and forth in Maya land. They got two provinces for their trouble (2).

Uxmal was the big loser here - one of the Tlaxcala gains was an Uxmal province before the war (seized by Maya and then by Tlaxcala) and they also lost another province to Maya (3).

Tlacopan lost one province to Maya (4). In total, Maya lost two provinces here but also gained two. Still, their new land looks strategically stronger so they could be a power, but something intervenes - after only around 15 years of having it, they lose Blessings of God.

I have bad humor but yeah it's just me and central america is just fuc' up
and that now your having a war hero on your side (Vinks)

Last edited:
By the time the europeans arrive, natural disasters will have wiped the Incas out.

Just who are the smgglers getting their goods from. There's only Cuzco in south america.
Meso-america is more like mess-o-america.

Despite not knowing what an american mountain warrior is, your armies are now full of them. Just does that Grand marshal come from?

Glad to see a decent heir.

And time coring waiting for something to happen is somewhat tedious...until the Europeans show up with their horses and guns and smallpox. Then its time for the STHF.
Hopefully the mighty Cuzcoians, Cuzci, Cuz...whatevers make it to Central America thereby shielding the bulk of the empire from those horses...probably won't help with the smallpox though

and that now your having a war hero on your side (Vinks)

Or should it be war cero in this case? :confused: :D Oh, and Central America seems to be in constant upheaval. I wonder if they get the natural disasters too? If so, the area is in total chaos...

I'm really enjoying this AAR. You have a gift for making even the waiting times interesting.

Welcome to the thread and thanks a lot! :) I'm very glad to hear that as I've been somewhat worried about the waiting as far as the AAR staying interesting is concerned. Of course, the recent updates have been the same length and dealt with five times the years of the earlier ones, and I try to only mention things that are either important or funny.

By the time the europeans arrive, natural disasters will have wiped the Incas out.

That's how I feel too! :D Who needs smallpox with the plagues and disasters we have natively?

Just who are the smgglers getting their goods from. There's only Cuzco in south america.
Meso-america is more like mess-o-america.

I'm actually wondering about these contacts with Mesoamerica seeing that we can't walk or sail there. I mean, who delivers all these messages, bribes, throne claims and up-to-date war situations? Heck, we have people marrying all the time, do the partners actually meet each other? I suppose that the smuggling is a side product of all this.

Glad to see a decent heir.

Make a wild guess - does he live long enough to take the throne? :p

Maya loses BoG. Anyone want to be bet on how long it takes it to be eaten by somebody else?

Actually, I think Maya might be saved by the fact that it didn't have the modifier long enough to make enemies of the whole region.

I really dislike the way EU3 handles fort-less pagans, it just gets so silly. I hope DW changes it.

Yeah, and these are pagans WITH forts. The "seize provinces without a peace deal" feature is enough to lead to a mess like that. I wish that was restricted to provinces the conquering country actually borders or at least has sea access to - that would lead to less silliness, and historical colonies were swathes of land connected to the ocean anyway.

And time coring waiting for something to happen is somewhat tedious...until the Europeans show up with their horses and guns and smallpox. Then its time for the STHF.
Hopefully the mighty Cuzcoians, Cuzci, Cuz...whatevers make it to Central America thereby shielding the bulk of the empire from those horses...probably won't help with the smallpox though

Smallpox doesn't concern me - it's not like nature has been kind this far. :D Hopefully getting our own horses doesn't take too long at that point.

And I'm confident we can say Incan by then. ;)