• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OOC: I wondering how I lost conscripts in the yellow river campaign as their were none involved directly in that battle or how any Taiping troops got across a river blocked by my navy well at least how most of them did and how did coastal cities falling to the Taiping caused loss of ships considering they should all have been in the yellow river.

The entire area, including land north of the yellow river, was controlled by me, prior to this turn. Also, 50 ships will have a hard time blocking 2 million men.

cesar.png

The Revolution continues on comrades! The ruling classes tremble! We shall continue on our onward journey to true freedom!

We furthermore will continue educating our Korean comrades on Marxism, and its application.

Signed,
Karl Marx, Chairman of The Workers Party

We urge the United Kingdom and the Qing to come to a peace agreement to prevent massive loss of life

Leopold I King of the Belgians

3573560720_5565047213.jpg

The German Federation

Citizens of Germany! The Revolution is now in full swing! We are uniting Germans from across Europe! We are victorious over the Prussians! We are victorious over the Austrians! We are pushing them out and soon the lands of Germany will be free again!

Lastly, we condemn the British and their slaughter of more innocent people.

OOC: Wasn't the German federation aim to join with Germany?

Tommorow I'll be gone until friday. Is there going to be an update during the week? If so, I'll need some information today, so I can send in orders before my departure.

Also, anyone who wants to finalize deals with me, send your pms now.

Last edited:
OOC: Hmm, could I have a report of the general mood in Guatemala?

The Royal Navy detachment sent to Hawaii was sent on a mission of peace, to help improve the lives of Hawaiian people and improve our relations with them. Our mission was met with spears and darts, several of the crewmen being captured, sacrificed and eaten by the barbaric savages. Therefore, the commander of the mission had no other choice than to defend himself and his men.

Due to the actions of the natives, we no longer feel that the King of Hawaii may safeguard our citizens, their interests, or even his own citizens. For he either would have them die in droves trying to murder potential friends, or has no control over them. Due to this, the British Empire feels that we must take a more active role in the governance of Hawaii.

We would also like President Lincoln to note that American citizens shall not be harmed, or their property or rights interfered with in any way. We would however like him to note, that we can no longer allow the use of slavery by these citizens, regardless of US policy.

We would also like to begin negotiations with the Qing, and shall contact them as such. We had not wished to take this course, but it is a matter of honour that no true Imperial citizen may tolerate an insult to his King, or any body representing the authority of that King.

Furthermore, we should like to add that the Dalai Lama, who currently resides in Tibet, shall be treated as due to his status, and that no member of the Buddhist religion shall have their rights interfered with. Personal liberty is the central value of Britishness, and as such, it would be wrong of us to impose upon others, when they have done nothing to warrant as such.​

OOC: A Gurkha is like a Space Marine. The only difference is that the Marine feels fear from time to time.

We are baffled at the blatant lies about the Hawaiian people, as I am sure that the Hawaiians are barbaric and are surely not cannibalistic, you outright killed all of them! You ordered mass murder!
We wish for all Hawaiians to reach the save Haven of Ireland.

As regrettable as it is, could you honestly order your men not to fire upon women and children that were just as intent to kill you as the men folk? It was not us that armed the women and children, it was the women and children themselves. Ultimately, in the heat of battle, the enemy must be killed, no matter the form he takes.

This is just one of the highly evident deficiencies in Hawaiian society and culture that we shall correct.​

OOC: Its strange how all my orders end up killing pretty much everyone hostile to me. Ah well, dirty savages need a lesson or two to bring them into line. :p

And pray tell, how are the Hawaiians going to reach Ireland? Canoes aren't terribly effective at countering Atlantic storms, and Im not sure they will survive the cold and disease of Ireland.

OOC: Did Tom actually order an attempt to make Flanders revolt?

How can you explain the killing of thousands of innocent people? I can't, and they cannot either. Your explanations are blatant lies and remember that it was YOUR fault that 1 million people died!

His Majesty's Government must question why the rebel leader even bothers issuing statements when he clearly has no grasp on reality.​

OOC: Look you tree hugging Liberal, those native women had some very sharp mango slices, and my men had to protect themselves. What would you do in that situation, eh? :p

For those looking to leave war-torn Europe, Guatemala is a peaceful and prospering country. We welcome all those who want to escape the horrors of war.

His Majesty's Government must question why the rebel leader even bothers issuing statements when he clearly has no grasp on reality.​

OOC: Look you tree hugging Liberal, those native women had some very sharp mango slices, and my men had to protect themselves. What would you do in that situation, eh? :p

OOC: Release the Tiger maybe? Or drop a 16 ton weight? Wait, scratch the Tiger. That one's for raspberries.

No grasp on reality? The Hawaiian people are apparently much more civilised than the British beasts and barbarians that rule over their subjects with an Iron fist. I now have an explanation for all your extremist decisions: You are a barbarian government which declares wars and kills people for no purpose other than to scare your subjects.

On the issue of getting Hawaiian people over to Ireland, I propose that the Hawaiian people stop at Guatemala and then take a ride on to Ireland.

Sir I am insulted Sir! Furthermore, His Majesty is insulted! Retract your barbaric comments, or prepare to fight for them Sir!​

OOC: Fry, what's your policy on duelling between leaders of nations? I take it that you frown upon it?

OOC: I will stop now, I need to do my homework that is left anyway so good night everybody.