• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(35279)

Recruit
Oct 15, 2004
I apologise if this has been asked.

My favourite historical period happens to be the so-called Dark Ages or the period from the fall of Westerm Roman Empire up to the first crusade.

Has Paradox ever had any intention of releasing a game that would cover that era? Any ideas what mechanics would have to be implemented for such a project?

Paradox have never made such a game, but the devs now part of Paradox France (AGEOD) had such a game a long time ago. It was buggy and unfinished according to the reviews, but it would be a good place to check for possible mechanics. And then you come here and petition until Johan gives in.:D

I know this has probably been suggested somewhere on this forum, but I for one would like to see an expansion to EU Rome that would fill in the time period that you talk about, at least from the German migration period. I think that some of the mechanics discussed so far for Crusader Kings 2 might make an expansion backwards to Carolingian times feasible as well.

I'm with Boris - the key dynamics of the period were quite different, so a separate game would be much better than an expansion. Maybe push Rome further back in time, instead, though...

If only a dark ages game would exist to bridge Rome and CK(2), and with equally mythic Paradox converters between all of their titles, I could finally live the dream of taking a small tribe from EU:R to fighting WWII using a nation founded by that tribe's descendants.

I'll add a big fat second to this request! I would love both an expansion to EU:Rome that covers the imperial period and a separate game that covers the Dark Ages. That would bridge the entire series. Epic!

I also enjoy this period of history. One could fit in vikings and paganism among many other things. (No idea if we will ever do such a game though)

I also enjoy this period of history. One could fit in vikings and paganism among many other things. (No idea if we will ever do such a game though)
Well, you're in the best position to get it for us! :p

The Dark Years is an HttT mod for EU3 which sort of covers this era, but a standalone game would be cool. :)