• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Maybe more active in Spain, like creating a Spanish puppet in the Spanish Civil War and when the Axis are winning, pressure on Portugal to join this client state of Rome? (more of a sidepath anyways).

I would be willing to playtest your event chains etc if you want some testers ;)

Tim

Maybe more active in Spain, like creating a Spanish puppet in the Spanish Civil War and when the Axis are winning, pressure on Portugal to join this client state of Rome? (more of a sidepath anyways).

I would be willing to playtest your event chains etc if you want some testers ;)

Tim

Is it a possible scenario to give Spain a few demands and in return give them help? A few demands in territories or anything like that. It's a problem I'd like to solve (How do to with the cores and etc.) The Portugal scenario sounded good actually.

Sure. Testers are always needed. :)

You could for instance get Spanish colonies + Gibraltar (more difficult because it is still under UK supervision..but maybe in / after WWII) and islands + military access in exchange for an alliance (this would of course only work with Franco and the Spanish State as they are ideologically closer to Rome). Then when the war is won, Spain could be reformed in a Roman puppet state thus getting a lot of support from Rome as explanation and the guarantee of Portuguese lands. This would mean that either Rome or puppet Spain, renamed Iberia / Iberian Confederation with Consul Franco :p , would gain colonies etc.

Tim

You could for instance get Spanish colonies + Gibraltar (more difficult because it is still under UK supervision..but maybe in / after WWII) and islands + military access in exchange for an alliance (this would of course only work with Franco and the Spanish State as they are ideologically closer to Rome). Then when the war is won, Spain could be reformed in a Roman puppet state thus getting a lot of support from Rome as explanation and the guarantee of Portuguese lands. This would mean that either Rome or puppet Spain, renamed Iberia / Iberian Confederation with Consul Franco :p , would gain colonies etc.

Tim

Yeah it makes sense.

What of the Catholic Church and the Pope? Will he be included in some way?

Depends on if the Pope is really wanting to tussle with power. Mussolini was effectively rallying the Catholic Church behind him (think of the treaty which gave the Pope his city back) and the people. Furthermore, Pius XII rarely was negative in public when speaking on Fascism etc.

Tim

True, but if Pius dies, and is replaced by someone more... interested in power, then I think it might be an interesting tussle. Also, maybe the Pope could be the Head of State and Mussolini Head of Government.

Or another post in the office, make it a decision or so. Depends on which route you take and what importance you give to the church. You could elect for a. Head of State (making it a theocratic kind of nation) b. other government position, minister of security or something like that or c. other priviliges and d. the church has no business in ruling...and then add boni etc according to the influence the church gains. But I would say start first with some events around forming the nation, what kind of tech teams you would include / expel. Furthermore a quick look at unit names (make them legions instead of corps..?)

Tim

For the idea of claims and cores I think maybe it should go through a event that has options like:

1st option:"We shall start small"(make just a little bit of cores and claims with an event later to get more claims/cores)
2nd option:"We'll go for a bit bigger"(Make fairly large sized claims)
3rd option:CRAZY option)"We must gain back the whole empire!"(Make claims/core on all of the former Roman territory)
4th option:"This wasn't a great idea"(go back to regular Italy)

All the slider and negative stuff can be decided later.

i actually started setting up a byzantium mod using the mod in the repository, it was going to be ahistorical (greek coup + rise of nationalism = Byzantine rebirth) but my original idea would work better with your mod, we could have the SPQR stage the coup, i could do the byzantines for you and you can do the SPQR (your west i'm east)

dunno if you wanted to include the byzantines but i'm up for it if you are.....

What was said above - I think you should support this, Rommelstein. Know it's not my place, but...it would be SO AWESOME. A Roman bloc, dedicated to restoring the Empire; actually - you could lay claims to the whole Empire with that concept; is it aggressive, and unrealistic? Yes, but..that's why it's an option; not certain. For the psychopaths, lol.

i actually started setting up a byzantium mod using the mod in the repository, it was going to be ahistorical (greek coup + rise of nationalism = Byzantine rebirth) but my original idea would work better with your mod, we could have the SPQR stage the coup, i could do the byzantines for you and you can do the SPQR (your west i'm east)

dunno if you wanted to include the byzantines but i'm up for it if you are.....
What was said above - I think you should support this, Rommelstein. Know it's not my place, but...it would be SO AWESOME. A Roman bloc, dedicated to restoring the Empire; actually - you could lay claims to the whole Empire with that concept; is it aggressive, and unrealistic? Yes, but..that's why it's an option; not certain. For the psychopaths, lol.
Well that sounds good, so why not?

so we're working together then? i've never done it for this so i'm presuming we should get a form of contact on the go like skype? and a definite path for the mod to go in!

EDIT: I've started making some plans for my part in the mod and will start making events/tech teams for it now, i'm not sure what to do about the ministers.....

Last edited:
so we're working together then? i've never done it for this so i'm presuming we should get a form of contact on the go like skype? and a definite path for the mod to go in!

EDIT: I've started making some plans for my part in the mod and will start making events/tech teams for it now, i'm not sure what to do about the ministers.....

Nice idea! However, I believe there should be some option down the line to ''sleep'' either east or west (depends on if you are playing SPQR / Byzantium) so you can conquer it themselves. But nevertheless the idea would be awesome. I would be willing to play test both ;).

I will PM you regarding my Skype. But just so you know, I am pretty busy this week when it comes to school + I've been playing EU3!

Nice idea! However, I believe there should be some option down the line to ''sleep'' either east or west (depends on if you are playing SPQR / Byzantium) so you can conquer it themselves. But nevertheless the idea would be awesome. I would be willing to play test both ;).

Interactiveness for the player is always highly priorited!

I think it should definitely be an option, but not mandatory. Rome and Constantinople carving out spheres of influence and competing might be interesting... Instead of a Capitalist-Communist cold war from 1946 on, it could be a Roman-Byzantine cold war, which might be pretty snazzy.

or a roman nazi coldwar? a roman europe-Allied coldwar? hahaha i love this idea, i've written down the names of events from the start of 36 to early 37 (not made just ideas) which will be when greece turns byzantine with SPQR influence, for ministers i have no idea but we'll fix that for the beta's :D