• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now now, at least 3 of those 99's are 'out' already, plenty of room left...

I really liked your style. You could even have had a better not, if it hadn't been for your continuous negative comments on France, calling us frogs in each and every updates... Sorry, i'm french and proud of it :eek:o

And i would have done the same for any writer making any negative comments on any country...

Valid point, lets all play nice. ;)

I present you now AAR Number 6:

1893649contest-placement-06.jpg

scholar - Portugal's Second Coming

Your AAR ranked number 6, congratulations!

You where the second last one to join my contest.
But neverthless you managed to bring your AAR to the end date!
You where the only one that accieved this and i think you got your
place in the Top 10 rightfully :)

But not only for that! You made a great and enjoyable AAR
that attracted also quite some readers.
You deffinatly can look proudly on what you reached
in this contest and with your AAR!

You also didnt get any 99 scores from the judges,
so you see there is still room for improvment :)
Neverthless you wrote a solid top 10 AAR that was
never in real danger to fall out of the Top 10.

If memory dosent trick me you where even on Rank 3 very early in the judging.

You do the AARland a favour by writing AAR´s,
i hope you will continue to do so for a long time! :)

I thank you for competing, congratulate you to your Top 10 Score, and i wish you all the best!

Wow, this is a surprise. I hope everyone had a wonderful time writing

I hope so too.... that it was as wonderful for the writers writing, as it was wonderful for us readers (judges or not) reading.

and I hope nothing was too hard for the Judges.

As already said several times, it was hard on us trying to rank all your AARs... especially with Alexspeed regarding points :p

(...)
As already said several times, it was hard on us trying to rank all your AARs... especially with Alexspeed regarding points :p

I made little voodoo puppets of every judge, a needle for every revision... some must have had alot of pain in the last days :D

;)

We are approaching the Top 5!

Everyone still excited?

Whos still missing?

- Communitarian! - Letters from an unquiet August - A Middle Kingdom AAR
- Tanzhang (譚張) - Onze Plaats in de Zon: The Rise of Frederik de Grote (van Holland)
- Alerias - The Legend of the Marble Emperor - Hellenic AAR
- Planck - Making Of: The Empire of Brazil
- naggy - Sick Man of Europe - an Ottoman Empire AAR

Suprised anyone? I was :)

I obviously wont make it till 24:00, but i guess around 01:30 we will know the winner :)

Thank you that you are still there with me and reading & commenting!

I present you now AAR Number 6:

1893649contest-placement-06.jpg

scholar - Portugal's Second Coming

Your AAR ranked number 6, congratulations!

You where the second last one to join my contest.
But neverthless you managed to bring your AAR to the end date!
You where the only one that accieved this and i think you got your
place in the Top 10 rightfully :)

But not only for that! You made a great and enjoyable AAR
that attracted also quite some readers.
You deffinatly can look proudly on what you reached
in this contest and with your AAR!

You also didnt get any 99 scores from the judges,
so you see there is still room for improvment :)
Neverthless you wrote a solid top 10 AAR that was
never in real danger to fall out of the Top 10.

If memory dosent trick me you where even on Rank 3 very early in the judging.

You do the AARland a favour by writing AAR´s,
i hope you will continue to do so for a long time! :)

I thank you for competing, congratulate you to your Top 10 Score, and i wish you all the best!
:eek:

I'm not sure what's more amazing, that my AAR actually made it into the top ten, that it made it to be sixth place, or that I was in third in the beginning! I'm not sure I deserve this, but thank you all for having faith in my AAR! :D

I made little voodoo puppets of every judge, a needle for every revision... some must have had alot of pain in the last days :D

;)

Yeah... i got that :p

;)

So thats why my back hurt!

:eek:

I'm not sure what's more amazing, that my AAR actually made it into the top ten, that it made it to be sixth place, or that I was in third in the beginning! I'm not sure I deserve this, but thank you all for having faith in my AAR! :D

I had you at 4th place, good work.

I finally got around to signing on a little bit ago but won’t be able to stay. I’m doing my own little hit-and-run with another semi-busy day and since I missed my own placement, I’ll probably comment about the competition later on - if its too late, I’ll probably just place it as a comment in my AAR where only the dedicated few will read it. :p

I will say that I like Alexspeed’s commentary on each AAR underneath the pictures. Its much better than just posting a pic and rank.

Alexspeed said:
We are approaching the Top 5!

Everyone still excited?

Whos still missing?

- Communitarian! - Letters from an unquiet August - A Middle Kingdom AAR
- Tanzhang (??) - Onze Plaats in de Zon: The Rise of Frederik de Grote (van Holland)
- Alerias - The Legend of the Marble Emperor - Hellenic AAR
- Planck - Making Of: The Empire of Brazil
- naggy - Sick Man of Europe - an Ottoman Empire AAR

Suprised anyone? I was

Only one of these AARs were in my personal top 5.

I'm guessing the ranks are:

Hellenic #5
Brazil #4
Letters #3
Ottomans #2
Dutchman #1

Was I close...?

Thank you SAS!

And Brandenburg III, if only one made it into your top five, then who do you think should have been in the top five? I'm sure the other four people would be more than happy to learn that they had someone who enjoyed their AARs enough to put them above four top five contest winners. I'm pretty sure you'll get a thank you!

[...] - if its too late, I’ll probably just place it as a comment in my AAR where only the dedicated few will read it. :p
[...]

Be sure, that i'll be coming back to your AAR, read it, comment on it... hoping you'll continue it to the end ;)

Wow, wasn't even expecting top ten let alone 7th place, so I'm happy. Thank you for the positive feedback, I'd welcome any feedback any of the judges choose to give as well. Thank you once again to Alexspeed and the judges for the time they have put in to this contest.

And thanks to all the other writers, many excellent reads in the contest.

The Top 5! Here they start:

3538978contest-placement-05.jpg

Planck - Making Of: The Empire of Brazil

Your AAR ranked number 5, congratulations!

I am happy that you where part of my contest,
and I am honest when i say that i didnt wanted anyone more
to see updates from than from you! :)

You not only managed to bring in a memorable Character with your King,
you told a great story AND you explained the gameplay really great.
The Pictures that accompanied your AAR where awesome,
and likely the best one of any participating AAR! :)

Hell you even invaded Europe as Brazil! That deserves some appreciation :)
That was bold and unexpected, but very exciting for the reader,
and you sucseeded formidably!

Please get on writing again and continue your AAR!
If i told anyone this is your first AAR, he would have a hard time beliving me :)

You did get one 99 score from a judge, but even without it
you would stay in the Top 10 for sure, you where never of danger
of falling out of the Top 10, but you also never ranked higher than 4.

Your AAR is really a great read, and deserves its place
up in the rankings in my opinion.

It also deserves to be continued! Please continue writing! like NOW! :D

Wow! :D I'm also surprised to see that I got this place. I was honestly skeptic thinking I wouldn't even make the Top 10... It makes me really glad to know people found it interesting :)

And I'll continue updating it for sure, as soon as possible (I know I keep saying it, but I'll do it as soon as I get rid of some RL stuff on the way in a few days).

Thanks again Alexspeed for the contest and all the judges for their hard work! Also thanks to all the participants and congratulations :)

I am happy that you arranged it so that you were a bit tdelayed so I could enjoy more of the Grand Finale. Thank you, Alexspeed. I got home from work an hour ago and have been skimming over the last five or six pages to see who ended up where so far.

Wow! :D I'm also surprised to see that I got this place. I was honestly skeptic thinking I wouldn't even make the Top 10... It makes me really glad to know people found it interesting :)
And I'll continue updating it for sure, as soon as possible (I know I keep saying it, but I'll do it as soon as I get rid of some RL stuff on the way in a few days).
Thanks again Alexspeed for the contest and all the judges for their hard work! Also thanks to all the participants and congratulations :)
Wow, wasn't even expecting top ten let alone 7th place, so I'm happy. Thank you for the positive feedback, I'd welcome any feedback any of the judges choose to give as well. Thank you once again to Alexspeed and the judges for the time they have put in to this contest.
And thanks to all the other writers, many excellent reads in the contest.

Thank you guys for participating! It was my pleasure :)

I am happy that you arranged it so that you were a bit tdelayed so I could enjoy more of the Grand Finale. Thank you, Alexspeed. I got home from work an hour ago and have been skimming over the last five or six pages to see who ended up where so far.

Great to have you on board!

I am getting alittle tired now with more than 12 hours updating this thread,
but i will keep it going till we are done, its fun neverthless! :)

Qorten, i think there will be a Forum Downtime in about an hour if i am right?
Do you know exactly how long that takes? i think around 30-40 minutes?

I guess i wont make it before this downtime with the last ones,
but i will continue after the downtime is over :)

Originally Posted by Kallocain
Forum Downtime - again!

This is the last planned downtime for a while now, but I hope you have all noticed that the forum is faster? This time the forum will be down from about 06.00 some morning until around noon. CET that is. In conjunction with the move we will also adjust the configuration to make better use of all the new memory, so hopefully everything will be up to speed after this.

Edit: Due to sickness we have been forced to postpone this downtime, we will try again asap and announce it here when it is time. Hopefully this week.

Announcement from Kallocain from the 29th.

Status
Not open for further replies.