• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
To make short a long story.

Hang Tom Swayer for the highest tree!

:D

Tom Sawyer, hmm... that could get interesting if Tom begins to scheme up a crazy plan like he always does.

Now all we need is Huck and Jim! :p

Tom Sawyer, hmm... that could get interesting if Tom begins to scheme up a crazy plan like he always does.

Now all we need is Huck and Jim! :p

Sorry, but no plans to include them. As I probably said before, this AAR will not be too long so that I can still have the main focus in my old AAR. ;)

Ok, people, instead of writing another update, I wrote this for the HOI3 writing contest.

Check it out!

Enjoy! :D

Oh, boy I haven't updated this thread for like ages!

BAD BAD BAD for me. :eek:o

So we have update, now. ;)

...​

PlaceHolder

Chapter IV

“Pheeewww… so comfortable…” remarked Sam as he squirted something out of him.

“I shouldn’t have hold it for soooooooo long, but it didn’t matter since Adeline is not around here,” said Sam as he continued what he was doing.

With his fly unzipped, Sam could feel something come out of him, a strong, constant flow. It must have reached somewhere three feet away.

“Hey Sam! How’s it going?” said Tom suddenly as he tapped Sam’s back. Tom then proceeded to stand beside Sam and also unzipped his fly.

Sam took a look at what Tom had and gasped. It was a full two inches longer then he what he had. However, he was yet to be surprised when sudden something came out of it and reached somewhere six feet away.

Tom then whistled a small tune and head back towards where he came from.

Sam shook his head as he watched Tom left, and thought for a moment.

“How did I get myself into a pissing contest in the morning?”

…​

“What took you so long?” asked Danjou.

“Ohh, it’s nothing, just have lots to empty,” replied Sam.

“Very well, then we should be going, it’s a long way from here to Virginia,” said Danjou.

The four of them continued their journey with the wagon they obtained at the town. It was a covered wagon large enough for all to have a seat inside, and still have Chicky running around freely.

Covered_wagon_at_the_High_Desert_Mu.jpg

(Something like this ;))​

“Hey! Hey! I never heard about heading towards Virginia!” cried Tom.

Tom had decided to follow the group after they had saved his life, and stated clearly that he won’t be leaving them until he had somehow repaid his debt to them.

Sam looked at Tom’s face again. Strangely enough, he felt that he had met Tom before, long ago, most likely sometime in his childhood.

Adeline was as usual playing with Chicky, while Chicky was chirping happily around its owner.

“So why did we have the chick around? In case of emergency food demand?” asked Tom.

Before Tom knew what was happening, he was already clutching what he values the most in pain, while Adeline stormed away from him back to her Chicky.

“Did you teach her new English vocabularies?” asked Sam to Danjou.

“Yes. I did,” said Danjou with a sign of regret.

The scene was beautiful outside. The sun was once again setting, leaving the sky as a wonderful reddish orange watercolor painting.

“Err… Jean, do you know we are heading?” asked Sam.

“I head towards where the sun rises,” replied Danjou.

“…” Silence loomed before Sam decided to speak again.

“Do you happen to have no sense of directions?”

“…” Silence loomed again.

“Well I think we should… ” began Sam just as he was interrupted by Danjou suddenly hold out his hand right before Sam, as if requesting him to be silent.

Sam then came close to Danjou worried, and asked in a low whisper.

“What is it?” he asked.

“I feel like that we’re being watched,” came the reply in a hushed whisper. Danjou’s face had become dead serious.

The winds were blowing as the wagon entered an uphill climb in a mountainous road. It had suddenly become dark as the sun sank below the horizon. What was just a lovely forest path suddenly became creepy if not wicked. Darkness had become dominant element in their surroundings.

Sam did not know how Danjou sensed the presence of others. Perhaps his senses were sharpened compared to the dull ones he had. But whatever the truth may be, Sam did have a bad feeling crawling up his spine.

Suddenly much to their surprise, they could hear sounds of growling, followed immediately by barking. Although it was almost unthinkable, someone had just released the hounds.

It did not take long before it was clear that there were at least two dozens hounds chasing behind the wagon, judging solely by the amount of barks and growls. Every single one of them was much larger than an ordinary wolf, not to mention being dark as shadows with blazing teeth of fire. Far worse than their appearances were their bone-chilling barks and howls coming out of their bloody red mouths.

Ghost-BlackDog.jpg

(Doggy ain't nice all the time. :p)​

The horses seemed to have sensed the looming danger behind them, and were galloping as fast as their hooves could carry them. However, the hounds were visibly gaining on them at a quick pace. The image of death seemed was more visible than ever with the glowing reddish eyes in the darkness in hot pursuit behind.

“We have to try to loose them somehow!” cried Tom nervously.

Sam looked beside him. Adeline was whimpering softly and holding Chicky to her closely. It seemed like that the mere notice of the hounds was haunting her. Sam felt that he should…

“Hold the reins, and I’ll do the job,” said Danjou as he promptly threw the reins over to Sam, with Sam barely catching them. Danjou then got to the back of the wagon. As he passed through Adeline, he patted her head as to reassure the little girl of her safety.

However, Danjou could then feel another small tug on his clothes.

“Chicky…” said Adeline in her small voice as she held out her pet chick to Danjou. Danjou patted Chicky softly too. Chicky then chirped in a comfortable tone, and Adeline appeared slightly relieved.

Danjou headed towards the back of the wagon once again and drew his Chassepot rifle from his back. At this moment, one of the hounds had closed its distance with the wagon and made a leapt for its target. Unfortunately for it, what greeted it was the burst of fire from the Chassepot’s gun barrel and immediate death.

FusilChassepotMle1866-WEB.jpg

(I think I'd want to call this my "old glory". :cool:)​

The death of one of their pack seemed to make the hounds wilder if not more aggressive. The smell of blood seemed to have excited the senses of the hounds and made their own blood boil with madness.

“Here, let me give you a hand,” said Tom behind Danjou as he drew out a revolver and started to shoot. However, the aiming was not as one would have liked to have. It appeared that Tom only achieved in turning the beast more and more thirsty for his blood.

Much to the surprise of Tom, a hound leapt out from the side and lunged for his throat. Blood gushed out and sprayed the wagon’s white canvas top covering crimson red. However, the wound made was on the hound’s skull; the blade of a bayonet had just stabbed deep into it.

“Perhaps I should handle this alone,” said Danjou as he withdrew his bayonet from the dead hound and concentrated once again on his rifle.

“Yes, I agree,” said Tom almost in a squeak. He was still probably not suitable for facing blood, particularly if it's his own.

It was still too early for any sign of weakness. Although Danjou’s rifle was sufficiently powerful enough to blow a hound out of the way in one shot, the hounds suddenly all attacked simultaneously in a brilliant coordinated move.

Overwhelmed, Danjou struggled to keep the hounds away as best he could by drawing his revolvers and began to bring the weight of rapid pistol fire to the pack. However, a hound still managed to pounce into the wagon, and viciously tried to close its jaws on any flesh it could find. It was at this moment Chicky suddenly slipped out of Adeline’s hands and was presented before the hound. Adeline without any hesitation went for her Chicky and covered Chicky with her body.

Just as it seemed inevitable that the hound was about to spill the little girl’s blood, Danjou got behind the hound and grabbed its head behind, exposing the hound’s neck. With his bladed revolver, Danjou slashed the hound’s neck open in one clean slice.

A few specks of blood tainted Adeline’s face, and the girl trembled on the spot with her chick. However Danjou carefully wiped the blood off as gentle as he could with his rough hands. Adeline looked at him with tears at the corner of her eyes.

“Jean! Behind you!” cried Tom as suddenly a hound leapt for Danjou’s back.

Danjou managed to turn promptly in response to the call and butted the hound’s head with his rifle. A cry of pain by the hound can be heard as the hound was beat out of the wagon.

“Jean! Are you all right back there?” cried Sam as he drove the wagon in front.

“Just keep driving this thing as fast as you can!” yelled Danjou as he stormed to the back of the wagon for another fight with the beasts.

However, before Danjou could fire another shot from his rifle, the hounds began to whine in a terrified tone just as abruptly as they first came out. It was not before long that they dashed into the darkness of the surrounding forest and disappeared.

“What had just happened…?” said Sam surprised.

“Dog whistle…” replied Danjou immediately. It was certainly a logical answer in the case where the hounds responded to something that they did not have a clue of.

It was a bloody if not brutal carnage, with blood spilled all over the place. However, it was true that the hounds had retreated and nowhere near sight.

“I think they are gone for good,” remarked Tom with a sign of relief.

Just as they felt the threat was gone, a hound suddenly came out of nowhere and went straight for the lead horse’s throat. The horse whined loudly as blood gushed out of it like a spring from the open wound. The blood that was spilling all over them horrified the other horses, and they started to behave uncontrollably wild.

“Ahead of us!” Tom cried out as he pointed ahead with a terrified look.

Sam could see what Tom was pointing ahead. Just before them was a sharp curve. In front of that is nothing but air and the void below.

“STOP THE…” cried Sam. However, it is too late for anything to be done. The wounded horses already went over the edge, dragging what’s behind it down.

Things inside the wagon were the first to fell downwards, followed immediately by the horses. Danjou, whilst hugging Adeline close to him, tried to get everyone out the rear of the wagon frantically. But it was too late as the wheels of the wagon tipped over the edge. A fall is inevitable.

“This might be a bit rough…” said Danjou as he hugged Adeline close to him, and grabbing whatever he could find for support. Tom and Sam did the same as they all started to feel the force of gravity working on their bodies.

The wagon was then dragged down a rocky cliff of doom into the abyss below.

Last edited:
A wolfpack directed by some dark powers?

Do we know general Mercier whereabouts? :D

I know it's too soon for him, but just in case...

A wolfpack directed by some dark powers?

Do we know general Mercier whereabouts? :D

I know it's too soon for him, but just in case...

“Very well, then we should be going, it’s a long way from here to Virginia,” said Danjou.

This should tell you something, but you can also believe my words of he's playing ps3 at my place with me. (Yes, I have a ps3, haha :D)

Update. Whoa I really need to update this more often. :eek:o

...​

PlaceHolder

Chapter V

“Awwwwwwww… ” moaned Sam as he gradually came back to his senses.

Sam’s head was still dizzy and spinning. He could not remember why he was beside a wreckage of some wagon lying on the bottom of a cliff.

As he was trying to lift himself up, Sam could felt something warm and sticky by his hand. With a bit of disgust, Sam lifted his hand until he could see his fingers right before his face.

It was blood. Blood was flowing between his fingers and palm of his lifted hand.

Sam hesitated on whether or not to turn his head, and when he did, he immediately regretted it.

…​

Sam had Danjou’s weight added to his legs in addition to his own. Although he had no visible injuries, Sam could feel every cell of his screaming with pain at every move he made. Adeline was completely fine, but at a dear cost paid by Danjou’s body. Aside from many flesh wounds visible everywhere, a piece of wood, probably once part of the wagon, was sticking into Danjou’s left shoulder. As a result of a mixture of his wounds and exhaustion, Danjou was still knocked clear out.

For Sam, it was such a pain to remember everything, and made him wished he could forget all about it. Sam then cursed why reality always stuck hard.

“Where’s Tom?” wondered Sam as he suddenly realized the absence of Tom.

Tom was nowhere to be seen. Not even a trace was left, as if he just evaporated into thin air. Where could the man be?

Sam let out a deep sigh before concentrating his depleting strength on dragging his body along with Danjou’s forward. Instead of thinking of Tom’s current fate, it was better to concentrate on getting some help, or at the very least, some temporary shelter to stay for the night. Who knows whether or not there are more “undesirables” lurking in the woods.

“Hah… hah… hah...”

Sam was trying to carry Danjou with every bit of strength he still had in his body. It was still damn dark in the forest, with much of the already faint moonlight blocked by the tall trees. It was difficult enough to have another man’s weight added onto him, but navigating through the forest without tripping somewhere was even more difficult for Sam.

Sam could feel his back getting wet, but he was not sure whether it was because of his own sweat or Danjou’s blood.

“…”

Adeline, with her precious Chicky, was grasping onto Sam’s coat with her small hand. The little girl seemed very sorrowful towards Danjou’s wounds. Tears were visibly forming at the corners of her eyes.

Sam let out a sigh. How did he get himself into so much trouble in the first place?

Sam then put his hand on top of Adeline’s head and opened his mouth.

“It’s not your fault,” he said.

The little girl probably did not understand his words’ meanings, but seemed to know what Sam was trying to express. The little girl then gave Sam a small smile in return.

Just as Sam wasn’t sure where they should head for, Sam spotted a small cabin in a small clearing of the forest much to his surprise. Light was coming out of the windows, and Sam immediately made up his mind to head for the cabin.

“There’s hope,” thought Sam, thankful that he still had some “luck” with him.

After what seemed to be an eternal struggle, Sam reached the front door of the cabin. Gathering his remaining strength, Sam slammed the door open before he fell unconscious on the floor.

…​

Sam gradually opened his eyes after what seemed to be an endless sleep. The fireplace inside the cabin was lighted, and he could feel a flow of warmth coming out of it with the skin his face. A man was there with his back to him seemingly feeding the fire more pieces of wood.

“Who… who are you?” asked Sam wearily.

“Me? Just call me Paul,” came a short reply.

Sam examined the man named Paul closely with his eyes, while Paul seemingly ignored Sam eyes behind him by not turning himself around.

Sam turned his head around. It was not the best-furbished cabin ever, but all the essentials for a woodsman were there. However it seemed that the man at the fireplace was the sole occupant of the cabin.

Sam could then hear someone’s breathing beside him. Danjou, although still unconscious, seemed to be well patched up with plenty of white bandages wrapping around his wounds. The piece of wood in his shoulder had also been removed.

“Here, have something to eat,” said Paul as he brought pieces of bread and a hot bowl of potato soup to Sam.

William-Adolphe_Bouguereau_1825-190.jpg

(Soup, anyone? :p)​

“Th… Thank you,” said Sam.

Sam looked to the side again, and his eyes met Adeline’s.

Adeline, covered with a warm blanket, was nibbling on a piece of bread, while feeding Chicky quietly with the crumbs. Sam’s eyes only met Adeline’s for a brief moment, since the little girl turned her head away to Chicky immediately. Although still somewhat worried, Sam felt slightly relieved by their current situation. At least they are safe and sheltered.

“We thank you for your hospitality, Paul,” said Sam weakly to Paul as he began to dig into the food. It was not the best thing to go to bed with an empty stomach.

“No need,” said Paul as he smiled, before saying in a lower tone, “… soon I’ll be thanking all of you myself…” For some unknown reasons Paul’s reply was more than just chilling.

“Wha…”

“Don’t think too much about, just rest for the rest of the night.”

Sam did not understand what Paul was talking about, but he was still too tired to worry about that. Soon after he finished the food, Sam fell into another deep sleep along with Adeline.

…​

After he made sure Sam and the others were asleep, Paul wondered off into the forest alone. However, he didn’t remain a lone man for long.

Paul was greeted by a pack of dark shadows coming out of the darkness of the forests. Each one of the beasts had a pair of ruby-red eyes, and fangs shining under the faint light of the moon.

“Don’t worry, the feeding will begin shortly,” said Paul comfortingly to the beasts of darkness, complete with a widening smile.

Hilarious. :D
No soup, pepsi max and pizza is enough.

Noooo! Don't say the word "pizza" here!

Ohh, well, you've done it. Now I'll have Peti on my tail. :p

Knock knock!

Peti's arrived! What's up, doc?

Good, Enewald, you've released the horror...

Hey guys, back for some updating. It's still a bit messy as I'm busy packing up for a camping trip. Will be back a few days later to update my other AAR, see you then.

...​

PlaceHolder

“Ooohhh...” Sam was just coming back from his sleep.

Sam tried to move his arms and legs, but suddenly he realized he was tied together.

“What the...” thought Sam.

“Having a good night's sleep?” came a voice.

“Paul? What the...”

Sam tried to break free, but the ropes held him tight. He suddenly noticed Tom just beside him, unconcious and also tied up.

“What's the meaning of this?”

“Well, no big deal. I just need to do some feeding...”

“Feeding? What do you mean by...” Sam was suddenly silenced by what he saw.

The beasts of the dark night appeared before him, growing and showing their fangs that shined in the moonlight.

“I'm a bit disappointed that you don't like them,” said Paul amusingly.

“What is this madness all about?” yelled Sam.

“I told you, it's feeding time...” said Paul a bit annoyed with having to repeat himself.
Sam did not like what he was about to see.

Looking striaght before him, Sam saw a little figure there. It was Adeline being tied up, unconcious but at the very least still unharmed, yet. The little girl was laid on an old stomp with a large diameter, as if she was being served on a dish.

“Come on! This is just too old fashion. Why do bad guys always go for the ladies first?” Sam couldn't help but said.

“Because the good guys always suffer more this way, don't you agree?”

Sam fell silent by Paul's words. He wasn't really expecting that kind of an answer, and he even felt that he was being outsmarted.

“You do know that bad guys always lose right?” asked Sam finally.

“That's not true. In every fight both sides lose. It's always just the matter of whether or not what is won can compensate for what is lost.”

Sam did not quite get what Paul is trying to say.

“Anyways, these girls can't wait anymore. Don't worry, you'll get a share of their love soon enough.”

The hounds slowly advanced as they growled evermore louder. Their blood red eyes widened as exicitement overtook their minds.

Sam could not help but closed his eyes. He didn't want to witness what was going to happen, and cursed himself for being so useless to trust Paul that easily.

Just as a hound was going to dive its fangs into Adeline's thin and white neck, its upper jaw was suddenly lifted by a gigantic force. A blade then cleaved through the beast's throat like hot knife through butter.

“Jean?”

To Sam's relief, it was Jean alright. Battered? Yes, but standing and holding a bayonet mounted Chassepot, fresh with the blood of its latest victim.

Jean said nothing, but cut free Sam and Tom with his bayonet before facing the beasts once again.

Although he felt slightly reliefed, Sam was still worried about Danjou with all the hounds surrounding Danjou at Paul's signal, and furthermore Danjou's wounds are far from being healed.

As if to clear away all of Sam's worries, Danjou delievered a powerful blow with the butt of his rifle at the skull of the first hound coming for him. The sound of bone fracturing made a loud crack sound that even overwhelmed the hound's last cry of pain.

Paul held out a pistol and began firing at Danjou at the same time all the hounds attacked their target. However, the shots were not well placed in the sense that the only hits scored were Jean's shirt and a few of the hounds. In response to Paul's shot, Danjou grasped an airborne houndby the throat and immediately crushed its windpipe, before throwing the hound at Paul. As Paul evaded the corpse of the hound, he accidentally tripped over an exposed root.

Without wasting a single moment, Danjou lunged ahead for Paul. The hounds in response lunged for Danjou, but they were all brushed aside with a combination of kicks and blows from Danjou's rifle's butt. Danjou then thrusted his rifle forwards for Paul's torso, with the sharp bayonet cutting through the air in front.

“Oooommmhhh...”

Paul made a small cry of pain as the blade entered his body and exited the other from the other side. Fresh blood gushed out from the open wounds.

“Nicely done... but will you regret this?” asked Paul with blood and his life seeping out of his mouth. The man even had a small smile on his face.

“...” Danjou said nothing, but merely retracted his bayonet out of Paul's torso, and let Paul died with his eyes still wide open, along with a smile that seemed unerasable.
The remaining hounds seemed to be frighten by their master's sudden death, and one after another they turned their tails as Danjou began to turn his attentions to them.

With the hounds gone, Danjou himself felt that his strength were leaving him. It was all more evident for Sam as blood began to seep out of the white bandage covering his wounds.

“Jean!” cried Sam.

“I guess I've overdone it..” muttered Danjou as he collapsed in Sam's arms. The weight of his body made Sam struggled just to move.

“Tom, I think I need help carrying our hero,” said Sam. Although he did get some sleep and food before that, the excitement and all just then left his limbs almost strengthless.

“What... ohh... sure, no problem,” said Tom as he shifted half of Danjou's bodyweight from Sam to his side. Tom had awoken in response to Sam's call.

As Sam looked at Tom in the eyes, he felt something was a little strange with Tom's redden eyes. But they quickly turned blue again, and Sam didn't give it a second thought.

Last edited:
I don't think Sam enjoyed his time with Danjou and Jean now did he? Have a nice camping trip. :cool:

Quite an unlucky dinner.
Poor hungry animals. :eek:o

haha, it might be others who will be called "poor"

I don't think Sam enjoyed his time with Danjou and Jean now did he? Have a nice camping trip. :cool:

Danjou == Jean, and not really me think.

BTW, I'm back from camping and going on another trip to Alberta to meet the dinosaurs!

Sam should stop meeting odd people.