• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

PanzerMan7

Field Marshal
47 Badges
May 19, 2009
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Semper Fi
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • March of the Eagles
  • Iron Cross
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Darkest Hour
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 -  Back to Hell
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 - Second Wave
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Crusader Kings II
Yo dawg memes aside, here is my rather extensive modding of Kaiserriech. The most notable changes are the ones to build times.

Regarding ships, Im not sure what to do with them. I may lower the cost but I like the build times. For now, I simply lowered the time with a corresponding cost increase.

Code:
Lowered buildtimes for infantry 40%, cost unaffected
Lowered buildtimes for garrison 40%, cost unaffected
Lowered buildtimes for marines 40%, cost unaffected
Lowered buildtimes for mtn 40%, cost unaffected
Lowered buildtimes for paras 40%, cost unaffected
Lowered buildtimes for militia 50%, cost unaffected
Lowered buildtimes for motorized 40%, cost unaffected
Lowered buildtimes for mechanized 40%, cost unaffected
Lowered buildtimes for light armor 40%, cost unaffected
Lowered buildtimes for medium armor 40%, cost unaffected 
Lowered cost and buildtime slightly for interceptors (varies by model)#all air units cheaper somewhat to balance costs for landunits
Lowered cost and buildtime somewhat for fighters (varies by model)#more competetive, as is, ints dominate
Lowered cost and buildtime slightly for tacs (varies by model)
Lowered buildtime somewhat for cas (varies by model)
Lowered cost and buildtime slightly for strats (varies by model, only mid/late models)
Gave Intercontinential Strat Bombers range of 7000 (from 3000, this is debatable but 3000 is hardly intercontinential)
Lowered transport plane manpower
Lowered cost of transport planes somewhat
Lowered buildtime for navs slightly (Seeing as navs are OP, I feel little sympathy for them but I want to hear player imput)
Adjusted naval buildtimes and costs so that the times are faster by about 30% but the same amount of IC days (more cost)
Removed upgrade penalties for central planning
Gave slightly more IC to central planning
Lowered buildtimes for submarines 20-30%
Lowered buildtimes for transports 30%
Heavily beefed up Sov
Heavily beefed up USA revolters (esp neccesary because USA will build more infantry during prewar)
added 225 manpower to CoF
added 12 divisions to CoF (neccesary because cheaper inf)
added 5% to black monday hit to weaken Germany and adjusted recovery events accordingly (cheap inf)
Garrisons move at speed 1
AI redeployment cheat increased to 50 days
Blueprint bonus changed to 1/3 time
sped up combat quite a bit (tho its still 1/6 the time of arma i think)
lowered evasion chance if no defense from 60 to 40
increased combined arms benefits
increased land unit XP gain
heavily increased reinforcement upgrade
lowered land fort cost and time to be in line with sea fort
lowered CVL states to reflect not having a CAG
lowered carrier manpower cost
CVL-cag concept (NOT FINISHED BUT STABLE)

Im not sure where to go next. I was thinking of hitting China or South America. Im rather...open...to extreme changes for the sake of experimentation so by all means vocalize your ideas. One I may try is adding a peacetime modifier for IC to free market, though I havent yet.

As long as Im notified, its perfectly fine (Id be rather happy if they did) to use my work in official Kaiserreich updates/betas.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/22067919/panzerreich+1.3.rar

Version 0.2

Ive introduced A LOT of changes in the misc file and started a CVL concept, replacing torpedoes with lcags. I need help with the CVLs.

Last edited:
As long as Im notified, its perfectly fine (Id be rather happy if they did) to use my work in official Kaiserreich updates/betas.

Next time, why not just approach us and tell us what you're thinking? - I love that people have ideas they want to put forwards, but we've got a thread, we've got a forum. We don't bite and we're not inaccessible!

I'll give it a couple of runthroughs and give you my thoughts and see how it plays. Personally it looks like a step in the right direction regards the build time alterations. Is this a full mod or just something you install over KR?

Next time, why not just approach us and tell us what you're thinking? - I love that people have ideas they want to put forwards, but we've got a thread, we've got a forum. We don't bite and we're not inaccessible!

I'll give it a couple of runthroughs and give you my thoughts and see how it plays. Personally it looks like a step in the right direction regards the build time alterations. Is this a full mod or just something you install over KR?

I don't wish to deny you your right to play with a different setup such as with your lower buildtimes. But I don't understand what the big deal is about the build times of DH. They are much closer to reality than the old build times of HOI2, especially ships. It adds a new layer of strategic thinking in the game, so that you must arm your nation in the long-term, planning ahead, rather than being able to wait for the war, with your new needs, to arrive at your doorstep. Many nations with a lot of manpower would also end up easily fielding humongous amounts of divisions (although for some countries this is what should happen, admittedly), in some cases far beyond historical numbers.

I don't wish to deny you your right to play with a different setup such as with your lower buildtimes. But I don't understand what the big deal is about the build times of DH. They are much closer to reality than the old build times of HOI2, especially ships. It adds a new layer of strategic thinking in the game, so that you must arm your nation in the long-term, planning ahead, rather than being able to wait for the war, with your new needs, to arrive at your doorstep. Many nations with a lot of manpower would also end up easily fielding humongous amounts of divisions (although for some countries this is what should happen, admittedly), in some cases far beyond historical numbers.

I agree. Reducing buildtimes this much is... well... very unrealistic.

(Personal opinion)

And thus, this is why you should carry on doing what you're doing.

The main issue atm is that our civil wars aren't optimised for the change in build times. Thus just watching this by itself is good. It also adds a bit more edge if you're playing a revolter. It's pretty lame atm that if you manage to survive a war, you end up slogging it out with the militia horde you get given against 'civilised nations' when realistically you'd have regularised your forces damn quickly.

I love the majority of DH but the build times of ships and divisions is slightly too long in my opinion, In game Aircraft carriers take just over 1000days to build before you get Ship assembly line then they take about 800 i think. this is unrealistic because the USA was churning out a carrier after less than a year of construction. (correct those numbers if i'm wrong i did it off the top of my head)

for example:
the late ww2 carrier USS Franklin was built in less than a year. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Franklin_(CV-13)
The pre ww2 Japanese carrier IJN Ryujo was built in less than 2years http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_aircraft_carrier_Ryūjō
The Pre ww2 British Carrier HMS Ark royal took 1 and a half years to build. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Ark_Royal_(91)

The last two on that list were built before the assembly line tech in DH and therefore a carrier should take around 700 days to build in game and around 1 year after the assembly line tech is complete to build. And that's only aircraft carriers. All ships may need to be altered....

I made a lot of noise in the thread but got absolutely no attention from KR devs despite what I thought was wide support.

I agree. Reducing buildtimes this much is... well... very unrealistic.

(Personal opinion)
A US army infantry division received about 15 weeks of training on average. Thats 105 days, far less than the current build times. As for equipment production, it should be optimized so that all equipment is finished when the men are trained (nothing in an infantry division takes 15 weeks to build). I should point all all US divisions were motorized standard.

Of course, it varies between army. In Germany, divisions trained much longer and trained together, making them a highly cohesive fighting force

As for ships, I havent looked too heavily into it, but it seems many ships before the war took forever, while during the war they were churned out. As KR lacks mobilization, I came to compromise build times.

The main issue atm is that our civil wars aren't optimised for the change in build times. Thus just watching this by itself is good. It also adds a bit more edge if you're playing a revolter. It's pretty lame atm that if you manage to survive a war, you end up slogging it out with the militia horde you get given against 'civilised nations' when realistically you'd have regularised your forces damn quickly.
I made a lot of noise and received a lot of support in the thread. Nothing. I gave the CSA militia hordes and the AUS a mixed force
I love the majority of DH but the build times of ships and divisions is slightly too long in my opinion, In game Aircraft carriers take just over 1000days to build before you get Ship assembly line then they take about 800 i think. this is unrealistic because the USA was churning out a carrier after less than a year of construction. (correct those numbers if i'm wrong i did it off the top of my head)

for example:
the late ww2 carrier USS Franklin was built in less than a year. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Franklin_(CV-13)
The pre ww2 Japanese carrier IJN Ryujo was built in less than 2years http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_aircraft_carrier_Ryūjō
The Pre ww2 British Carrier HMS Ark royal took 1 and a half years to build. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Ark_Royal_(91)

The last two on that list were built before the assembly line tech in DH and therefore a carrier should take around 700 days to build in game and around 1 year after the assembly line tech is complete to build. And that's only aircraft carriers. All ships may need to be altered....
I would take the commissioning date and subtract about a month for the buildtimes. I mostly agree though.

Last edited:
I made a lot of noise in the thread but got absolutely no attention from KR devs despite what I thought was wide support.

This is why we want people to post on our forum.
Kaiserreich is one of the most, if not, the most popular mod on the forum.
This makes the Kaiserreich thread highly visited and posted in, which makes it quite hard
for people in the team to notice every post.

This is why we want people to post on our forum.
Kaiserreich is one of the most, if not, the most popular mod on the forum.
This makes the Kaiserreich thread highly visited and posted in, which makes it quite hard
for people in the team to notice every post.
hmm, i shall do in the future

for now, Im offering my services to do wacky, so crazy they just might work mods to Kaiserreich, as well as some common sense touch ups that i feel were neglected when DH was abandoned (not by fault of the creators, just a lot of variables)

That.

KR has it's own development forum, and we would appreciate if any and all new ideas and content are discussed there and possibily added to our official releases. As KM said, we don't bite and we're not inaccessible. :)
I should point out that Id still post this on the DH mods thread as its also a test bed for other ideas (such as messing with combat time, ai cheats, ect). 2 birds with 1 stone

I just put out a 2nd version, introducing some lcag stuff and a semi rework of the combat system

Last edited:
IMHO, if your main concern is the civil war bulidtimes, then its easier to give all civil war players (american, spanish, russian) a temporary flag and modifier.

Also want to tell you that naval bombers alone are not overpowered in DH, all aircraft with a naval bombing capability are overpowered against ships, so it makes no sens to only nerf the buildtimes of one type of aircraft, instead you should alter their ability to bomb ships, and beef up the AA capabilities of ships.

The main problem with the build times is that they were meant to be paired with DH's mobilization system which is not present in KR. Honestly the best route would be to implement and (more importantly) balance everything with DH's mobilization system, but I'd imagine that's a ton of work.

The main problem with the build times is that they were meant to be paired with DH's mobilization system which is not present in KR. Honestly the best route would be to implement and (more importantly) balance everything with DH's mobilization system, but I'd imagine that's a ton of work.
that wont work because DHs mobilization system requires having a lot of reserve divisions for all nations. any ahistorical game cannot use the system without being fixed somewhat to a certain path