Crusader Kings II Save Converter Announced for Europa Universalis IV

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MalinS

Queen of Pie
6 Badges
Jan 7, 2013
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • For the Motherland
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Magicka 2 - Signup Campaign
  • Paradox Order
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
New Pre-order Bonus Lets Players Import Saved Games, Early Adopters Also Receive Free Copy of Crusader Kings II

Paradox Interactive and Paradox Development Studio, creators of global conquest titles for every age, today revealed the final pre-order reward for gamers for upcoming empire-building title Europa Universalis IV, releasing August 13 for Windows, Mac, and Linux.

Players who pre-order Europa Universalis IV will be given a free copy of critically acclaimed strategy/RPG Crusader Kings II, Paradox’s hit title of diplomacy, dynasties, and double-dealing set in the Middle Ages, to add to their own library or to give to a friend.

Early adopters will also receive a new Saved Game Converter for Crusader Kings II, which will read the details of a saved game from a Crusader Kings II and convert that into a game that can be played in Europa Universalis IV. Fans of Crusader Kings II will be able to maintain the empires they have established and guide them through the age of exploration in an all-new strategic experience, continuing their personal stories of expansion and conquest.

Both the saved converter and copy of Crusader Kings II will be available as pre-order bonuses on August 1, and players that have already pre-purchased Europa Universalis IV will receive these additional bonuses. Strategy fans can prepare for the long road to conquest by pre-ordering Europa Universalis IV, details on all pre-order bonuses can be found here: www.europauniversalis4.com/buy

To demonstrate how converted saved games will work in Europa Universalis IV, Paradox will be showing off the converter in a live stream on Twitch.tv. Eager conquerors can tune in on July 30 at 11 a.m. PDT (6 p.m. GMT, 7 p.m. BST, 8 p.m CEST). The stream will be live at http://twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive.

View attachment Example screen of imported saved game from Crusader Kings II into Europa Universalis IV.jpg
Example Screenshot of an imported save game from Crusader Kings II in Europa Universalis IV

Europa Universalis IV is the latest installment in the award-winning series, with more than a million copies sold. The game gives you control of a nation to guide it through the years and create a dominant global empire in the age of exploration. Following on the success of the critically acclaimed strategy/RPG Crusader Kings II, Paradox Development Studio is ready to make you experience the drama that only the grand stage of history can provide.

For more information about Europa Universalis IV, please visit www.europauniversalis4.com

Bonus: How Paradox’s Crusader Kings II to Europa Universalis IV save converter will work - Interview at PC Gamer
http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/07/31/c...ropa-universalis-iv-save-converter-interview/

Crusader Kings II to Europa Universalis IV Converter Highlights
[video=youtube;FWqQgp1Vh9U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWqQgp1Vh9U[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
HAH! We knew it already! :p

But nonetheless- great news. That's the reason why I bought EU4 in pre order ;)

Uhm- one question though- will we get CK2 as gift or something? I already have CK2 with most of dlcs, so it's not exactly useful for me to have 2nd copy.

And second question- can converter be adapted to work with mods? CK2 have plenty of mods making game more interesting (and less messy than shown on screenshot) so it'd be nice to have such possibility.

Yes! An official save game converter! Thanks, Paradox! You just made my day.

Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! I'm very excited now!

I do wonder how they will convert all the religious and technological intricacies from CKII into EUIV.

Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! So very excited!

HAH! We knew it already! :p

But nonetheless- great news. That's the reason why I bought EU4 in pre order ;)

Uhm- one question though- will we get CK2 as gift or something? I already have CK2 with most of dlcs, so it's not exactly useful for me to have 2nd copy.

And second question- can converter be adapted to work with mods? CK2 have plenty of mods making game more interesting (and less messy than shown on screenshot) so it'd be nice to have such possibility.

I'd like to add, that I'd be completely /content/ if I'd get dlcs for my current CK2 copy instead of this extra one. How about it? :p

I love you P'dox, but now you guys have ruined my life! How do I decide which friend to give my second copy to? Who will be the victim of this amazingly difficult and challenging life-changing/consuming/destroying wonder of the world to? Who?! Ahhhhh!