• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
One thing I found odd is how Muslims would like, immigrate to the US and such.

I think that technology and landlockness should have some effect on immigrants moving to a place. For example, the chance of an Arab nomad in Arabia somehow sailing to the US should be practically nil. And besides, if he had to leave, he'd most likely flee to another Islamic state, or go to the Ottoman Empire or something. If none of that possible, he'd end up in Greece, or southern Italy, or, uh, something. I doubt he'd be like "God told me in a dream that we must travel to... AMERICA!"

One thing I found odd is how Muslims would like, immigrate to the US and such.

I think that technology and landlockness should have some effect on immigrants moving to a place. For example, the chance of an Arab nomad in Arabia somehow sailing to the US should be practically nil. And besides, if he had to leave, he'd most likely flee to another Islamic state, or go to the Ottoman Empire or something. If none of that possible, he'd end up in Greece, or southern Italy, or, uh, something. I doubt he'd be like "God told me in a dream that we must travel to... AMERICA!"

I don't agree with that of they can't come to America. In Argentina, about 6 million people of 40 million, are of partial muslim ancestry, and I don't know how much the USA have. They were mostly Syrian-Lebanese and also some Turkish.

Garra-Ush said:
I don't agree with that of they can't come to America. In Argentina, about 6 million people of 40 million, are of partial muslim ancestry, and I don't know how much the USA have. They were mostly Syrian-Lebanese and also some Turkish.

They aren't quite the same as Bedouins though: Syria was part of the Ottoman Empire whcih was backward, but not (to use the game terminology) 'uncivilised'.

I think Mrdie is thinking of, for example, Hausa pastoralists in Nigeria, Mongols and Malagasy peasants. These peoples probably shouldn't be emigrating to America, which they don't in Vicky 1 as they are all short ranged. Turks were long ranged, as were Albanians and Bosniaks, which might explain the Muslims-in-USA scenario being described.

Last edited:
I think Mrdie is thinking of, for example, Hausa pastoralists in Nigeria, Mongols and Malagasy peasants. These peoples probably shouldn't be emigrating to America, which they don't in Vicky 1 as they are all short ranged. Turks were long ranged, as were Albanians and Bosniaks, whcih might explai the Muslims-in-USA scenario being described.
Yes, the former three examples are what I meant. It was just odd to see rather high amounts of Muslims in, say, California.

As a note, I do know that quite a few Albanians immigrated to the USA, but they were generally Orthodox in faith. :p

I think Mrdie is thinking of, for example, Hausa pastoralists in Nigeria, Mongols and Malagasy peasants. These peoples probably shouldn't be emigrating to America, which they don't in Vicky 1 as they are all short ranged. Turks were long ranged, as were Albanians and Bosniaks, which might explain the Muslims-in-USA scenario being described.

In that case I'm agree.