• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It's only ever triggered for me once, and I just got a claim on a single territory... for all of the wait it hardly seemed worth it. It says if your guy is good enough you can get an entire duchy claim. I don't know what "good enough" means, though, and if "good enough" involves getting lucky - but I certainly didn't. I'd imagine you'd need to station the guy at the capital of that particular duchy for that to occur? Not sure.

You can get a ducal claim if you have you guy stand in the dukes demesne. You'll either get the ducal claim or the county claim, but subsequently you can keep him there and get the ducal. The 10% is per year so if you're unlucky you might need to wait for 300 years. Usually you can expect success within 10.

You get the maximum chance of the claim event at 13 but having diplo 15 makes it possible to get the higher title.

The chance isnt cumulative you have 10% per year chance of the event happening. So having him there for 3 years would put your chances to about 27% of it happening during that time, but i suck at math and dont know the details so i might be wrong.

Edit: corrected, added next post for ppl seeking info

Last edited:
You get the maximum chance of the event at 14? but having higher diplo skill might improve your chances to get a higher title, some have said that they successfully claimed king titles but i havent had that happen.

The chance isnt cumulative you have 10% per year chance of the event happening. So having him there for 3 years would put your chances to about 27% of it happening during that time, but i suck at math and dont know the details so i might be wrong.

The chance increase with skill up until 13. After that higher skill won't make it trigger faster. However a skill of 15 or higher will make it possible for the Chancellor to fabricate a ducal claim - and no, he does not have to stand in the capital of the duchy, any province will do.

The chance increase with skill up until 13. After that higher skill won't make it trigger faster. However a skill of 15 or higher will make it possible for the Chancellor to fabricate a ducal claim - and no, he does not have to stand in the capital of the duchy, any province will do.

But you can't fabricate the king can you?

thats a much important info, thank you.

Thanks for the info. What are the monthly chances of a ducal claim compared to a county claim? And does this chance of getting a ducal claim increase with a chancellor>15 or doesn't that matter?

Thanks for the info. What are the monthly chances of a ducal claim compared to a county claim? And does this chance of getting a ducal claim increase with a chancellor>15 or doesn't that matter?

Skill up to 18 (or 20, I don't really remember) will increase the chance of a ducal claim. It does not however increase the chance of the event triggering, just that if it triggers, the chance of it being a ducal claim will increase.

Skill up to 18 (or 20, I don't really remember) will increase the chance of a ducal claim. It does not however increase the chance of the event triggering, just that if it triggers, the chance of it being a ducal claim will increase.

Put that in the tooltip please, it's pretty important!

If we want to up the threshold beyond 13 for % chance of success to say, 15, what would we do/change? Or is this manually hard coded into the exe?

EDIT: Nvm, it's in the events page via modifiers for the chancellor, lol.

Last edited:
Thanks to this feature Queen Matilda the Great Conqueror of Italy was able to form said country and it allowed me to take the Kingdom of Sicily piece by piece lol

I just had 3 claims generated in a few short years. Yes, sometimes it is great to be king. Promptly followed by a LONG drought of no claim generation...replaced the Chancellor, yes it is still great to be king.