• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
K guys, it's 4 AM right now and I've spent the last few hours writing an AAR with lots of pictures. It didn't sound too interesting when I read it though I'm no writer, so I'll just chronologically tell you what happened. Maybe, tomorrow, I'll get some sleep and put some time into a real AAR. This will have to do for now though:

* 1557, I have a regency council. I seem to have a lot of ducats, so I build constables and market places.
* I made Guyenne a vassal via diplomacy.
* I DoW Poland. They are allied with Thuringia. I vassalize Thuringia, which I has a mission to do at the time.
* Orleans DoWs me. Orleans is allied with Munster. I vassalize Munster.
* I defeat Orleans. I demand Ide-de-France and Bourbon. Bourbon goes to my vassal France. I keep Ide-de-France. I would have vassalized Orleans, but they were too big.
* I destroy the CoT in Ide-de-France. It will increase the value of the one in Cambray
* I cancel vassalization with Bar. I have a core on their capital. I make them a OPM this war. I also get about 1100 ducats from Bar.
* Rebels in Dauphin turn my vassal Dauphin into Provence, which isn't a vassal. Damn.
* I defeat Poland and make them release all of their conquered nations.
* I vassalize Hainut via diplomacy.
* I vassalize Silesia, which is free from Poland, via diplomacy.
* I enact that HRE decisions that does away with the electors, I needed the extra yearly diplomat.
* I build some flytes in Mecklenburg and set sails for Africa. I annex then release Kongo.
* BB has been close to limit almost whole session.
* Provence DoWs an ally. I honor call, defeat them, then make them release Dauphin my vassal and Auvergne, which I vassalize via diplomacy.
* I DoW Zapotecs, annex them, then convert them to Catholicism and build them province improvements, then release them. I'm making more money off them as vassals due to the fact their provinces won't get the distance overseas modifier.
* I annex Bar and get my core.
* I get a Boundary Dispute core on Mantua and annex them.
* I make Hamburg a vassal via diplomacy.
* Moved slider towards free subjects.
* DoW Poland again. Took a few provinces from them that bordered me.
* DoW Poland a third time. Made them give up a ton of cores.
* Orleans DoW again. Made them release Berry and Nevers which I vassalized via diplomacy. They become a OPM.
* Vassalized Friesland via diplomacy.
* Got a +2 stab event from an adviser. Used it to DoW Milan without a CB. Took Lombardia.
* Vassalized Anhalt via diplomacy.
* Chose Bureaucracy NI. All the good ones were already in use, plus most of Bavaria's income is tax, so it kinda helps.
* DoW Barbant with dishonored call CB and vassalized. Holland was defender of the faith. They protected Barbant. Weird thing is Holland was still my vassal while I was at war with them and after. Lol.
* Corsica and Sardinia vassalized via diplomacy.
* Vassalized Ragusa via diplomacy and Ubino via war.
* Cores launched on northern Italy and now have Lombardy as an accepted culture.
* Took Unam Sanctum NI. Used it to DoW the Pisa heretics. Vassalized them.
* Vassalized Naples via diplomacy.
* Moved slider towards quality a couple times somewhere.
* At war with Aragon and Castille. Have almost all of Iberia minus Portugal occupied.

Long story short, I weakened OP Poland and vassalized a lot of things. Bavaria's tech is great. Everything is ahead of schedule but trade and naval techs.

King Wolfgang von Holstein died October 25, 1601.

Save:

Last edited:
71453429.jpg

92404396.jpg

25317745.jpg

eu3mapbav160110251.jpg

eu3mapbav160110252.jpg

Rise of Ernst II Holstein of Bavaria​

From the very day of his birth young Ernst was always compared to his great great grandfather after whom he was named. Duke Ernst I of Bavaria led his country to greatness. Chants of Good Duke are sang all across Europe almost two hundred years after his death. Will his namesake be remembered in similar matter?

By the time of Ernst's coronation war in the south was almost won. Only thing that was missing for total humiliation of the Spaniards was to destroy what was left of their great Armada. Orders to build Caravels was delivered to every coastal province of the Empire.

By the time new fleet could be tested on the Spaniards peace with Aragon was signed. Four of their richest provinces on Iberian peninsula was taken along with the island of Sicily. Effort to upgrade the region even further and fortify against possible revolts was undertaken almost immediately.

EU3_17.jpg

With Spanish fleet destroyed to the last ship 20 000 men was transported to the land of Judea. And so Jerusalem, which remained Muslim under Spanish rule, was yet again put under siege by catholics.

With the siege won and Ernst ascended to the throne peace was finally signed.

EU3_19.jpg

But celebration of Ernst's coronation as the King of Jerusalem didn't went as planned.

EU3_20.jpg

But with more wine and some swords rebellion was easily quelled.

I like where this is going!

We need to reform the Kingdom of Jerusalem!

Deus Vult!

If that is the date you started at, you got my save, not Pellucid's save. :p

yeah, I don't recall Pellucid even posting the save here! :rofl:

Perhaps we need a redo? ;)

Here's the file. Just so you know what I was doing right before my king died, the last thing I had done was gotten Guyenne's relations with us high enough to vassalize them. You don't need to continue to do that, of course, but that's what I was doing. Oh, I had also just secured a core province adjacent to a sea zone (Mecklenburg). Details to come after Orange posts his AAR :D
Here is the post with Pellucid's save, TLG.

No, my mistake, I did start in 1557. My king didn't live almost 80 years :p

Seriously, it was a mistake in my post. Everything is good now, don't need to redo. My bad.

No, my mistake, I did start in 1557. My king didn't live almost 80 years :p

Seriously, it was a mistake in my post. Everything is good now, don't need to redo. My bad.

Oh good! :)

Great job memnos and orago! :)
Bavaria has certainly become powerful! Who are your main rivals at this point?

I'd say Great Britain would be the biggest threat to Bavaria at the end of my reign.

They have more troops than Bavaria, they have decent land tech, and are all around pretty tough.

Honestly though, they are the biggest threat yet are far from being able to completely destroy us. I'd say Bavaria is capable of taking on and beating anyone in the world. I thought Poland would be a challenge at the start of my rule, but they provided pretty easy to take care off.

I'd also say that our Holstein cousins from England are the biggest rivals. And with our naval limit at 15 vessels kicking their butts could be difficult.

EDIT: Next part of my game should be posted in 24 hours.

I suggest we liberate the Middle East, ally ourselves with the Byzantines (and try to make them Catholic) and puppet the Pope for his eternal support and gratitude! :p