• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@ PanzerMan7 - the current version of the mod has problems with Arma 1.3, Arma 1.2 works good though. Believe Zauberfloete was looking into it.

@ Ryke - US civil war usually turns North-America in a shitstorm already:D. But seriously, the CSA and Union of Britain can release a syndicalist Quebec if they annex Canada. Believe USA can do the same with Conservative Quebec. The Canadians themselves lack events releasing Quebec.

I've been on a mod-trying binge lately, and I have to say this is probably my favourite. And I took a look at the new ministers for Québec, and they're pretty damn good. And with Montréal being very industrialised and Canada being a major power, Québec can possibly play a role, which is always a plus. Though I've been having a lot of fun playing all sides of this war, definitely.

But the obvious question is this: Will those new ministers possibly see any use? There can be fairly large amounts of dissent, but I can't find any way to make Québec independent. An independent, industrialised, syndicalist Québec, or even just good old Duplessis-era corrupt semitheocrat Québec, could really make North America into a giant shitstorm. And sound the end of the British Monarchy, or just a flight to Australia.

Either way, I'm pretty thankful for the new ministers, as I was looking into modding in more varied minister files and see if I can't make some kind of alternate history AAR out of it, but that more or less does the job.
Open a new Kaiserreich scenario, save it, then go into the save file and remove the Quebecois provinces from their national provinces. You can then create Quebec as Canada.:)

Open a new Kaiserreich scenario, save it, then go into the save file and remove the Quebecois provinces from their national provinces. You can then create Quebec as Canada.:)

I know that, but I was expecting something involved in the storyline.

I'm thinking of modding in some events for syndicalist Québec to separate in a mass strike somewhat analogous to the Asbestos Strike of 1949, with the syndicalists taking power after the British Crown orders excessive force. A combination of several independent mutinies in the French-Canadian regiments mobilised to end the strike, the categorical objection (but certainly not mutiny) of some high-up French-Canadians (I'm thinking Ernest Lapointe and Georges Vanier, notably) and hesitation, to say the least, on the part of Mackenzie King, if he's still in power, would allow a coalition of syndicalists, feminists (Thérèse Casgrain being a LWR foreign minister) and communists to take power while the provincial authorities either flee or are thrown out and the army outside of Canada fails to respond in time.

That would have to depend on some things on the part of Canada. The most logical time for this to happen would be shortly after the start of the US civil war, in solidarity to the CSA, but that might imbalance the civil war too much. Syndicalist Québec wouldn't be at war with the US, but would hinder Canada in a fairly serious way, especially if the CSA manage an offensive in Canada.

Otherwise, outrage following the potential defeat of the CSA could trigger the event.

Feedback? Would such events be interesting to "officially" implement? I may or may not bother making events for Québec after independence, I'm not too knowledgeable about the backstory of the whole thing. I expect the French Commune might offer assistance to syndicalist Québec, but it would have to be something nonmilitary unless we want a WWIII to automatically start from this deal, which isn't a good idea. Might give the choice to back them militarily, with 0% AI chance, so players can use it as an excuse to go to war if they really want to.

Hello and first of all;
thank you for making this very good modification for HoI2.

I have but one question:

Is there any possibility for National France of regaining her claims (cores) on Alscace-Lorraine and the Italian occupied provinces (Nice, Grenoble and Corsica)?

Regards
The King

Here's half of the full event chain concerning syndicalist Québec independance. The other half comes from the moderate choice in the first event, I'll get on to that once I know I've done this half right. It's simplistic at the moment, and probably not balanced at all, because it's untested.

The main reason I'm posting this, though, is because it's the first bunch of events I make from scratch, and it's bound to have some errors. Maybe a lot.

Code:
#############################################
###### Syndicalist sympathy in Québec! 
event = {
         id = 900062
         random = no
         country = CAN
	 offset = 8
         trigger = {
                   AND = { 
                            exists = CSA
                            war = { country = CAN country = CSA }
                   }

}

name = "EVT_900062_NAME"
         desc = "EVT_900062_DESC"
         style = 0

action_a = {
                  name = "ACTIONNAME900062A"
                  ai_chance = 60
                  command = { type = dissent value = 35 }
                  command = { type = local_setflag which = canrepress }
           }
           action_b = {
                  name = "ACTIONNAME900062B"
                  command = { type = dissent value = 15 }
                  command = { type = local_setflag which = cannego }
                  ai_chance = 40
           }

}

###### Québec unionists mobilize! 
event = {
         id = 900063
         random = no
         country = CAN
         trigger = {
                   AND = { 
                            war = { country = CAN country = CSA }
                            local_flag = canrepress
                   }
                   random = 20

}

name = "EVT_900063_NAME"
         desc = "EVT_900063_DESC"
         style = 0

date = { day = 1936 month = january year = 1 }
         offset = 10
         deathdate = { day = 1963 month = december year = 31 }

action_a = {
                  name = "ACTIONNAME900063A"
                  command = { type = setflag which = cantroops }
                  command = { type = dissent value = 15 }
                  command = { type = domestic which = democratic value = -2 }
                  command = { type = domestic which = political_left value = -3 }
           }
           action_b = {
                  name = "ACTIONNAME900063D"
                  command = { type = dissent value = -10 }
                  command = { type = domestic which = political_left value = 4 }
                  command = { type = peace which = CSA value = 1 }
                  ai_chance = 35
           }

}
###### Duplessis ousted, provisional government formed! 
event = {
         id = 900064
         random = no
         country = CAN
         trigger = {
                   flag = cantroops

}

name = "EVT_900064_NAME"
         desc = "EVT_900064_DESC"
         style = 0

action_a = {
                  name = "ACTIONNAME900064A"
                  command = { type = secedeprovince which = QUE value = 564 }
                  command = { type = secedeprovince which = QUE value = 574 }
                  command = { type = secedeprovince which = QUE value = 573 }
                  command = { type = secedeprovince which = QUE value = 577 }
                  command = { type = secedeprovince which = QUE value = 587 }
                  command = { type = secedeprovince which = QUE value = 586 }
                  command = { type = secedeprovince which = QUE value = 585 }
                  command = { type = secedeprovince which = QUE value = 1909 }
                  command = { type = secedeprovince which = QUE value = 584 }
                  command = { type = war which = QUE }
                  command = { type = trigger which = 900065 }
           }

}
###### Vive la Révolution! 
event = {
         id = 900065
         random = no
         country = QUE
         trigger = {

}

name = "EVT_900065_NAME"
         desc = "EVT_900065_DESC"
         style = 0

action_a = {
                  name = "ACTIONNAME900065A"
                  command = { type = add_corps which = Premier Groupe de Milice Révolutionnaire value = land when = 582005 where = 587 }
                  command = { type = add_division which = Première Division de la Milice Québecoise value = militia when = 11 where =  }
                  command = { type = add_division which = Deuxième Division de la Milice Québecoise value = militia when = 11 where =  }
                  command = { type = add_corps which = Deuxième Groupe de Milice Révolutionnaire value = land when = 582001 where = 564 }
                  command = { type = add_division which = Troisième Division de la Milice Québecoise value = militia when = 11 where =  }
                  command = { type = add_division which = Quatrième Division de la Milice Québecoise value = militia when = 11 where =  }
                  command = { type = add_corps which = Premier Groupe d'Infanterie de l'Armée Québecoise value = land when = 582005 where = 564 }
                  command = { type = add_division which = Première Division d'Infanterie value = infantry when = 0 where =  }
                  command = { type = add_division which = Deuxième Division d'Infanterie value = infantry when = 0 where =  }

command = { type = addcore which = 564 }
                  command = { type = addcore which = 574 }
                  command = { type = addcore which = 577 }
                  command = { type = addcore which = 573 }
                  command = { type = addcore which = 585 }
                  command = { type = addcore which = 586 }
                  command = { type = addcore which = 587 }
                  command = { type = addcore which = 1909 }
                  command = { type = addcore which = 584 }
           }

Descriptions are in a separate txt file as EventMaker seems to want it, but I couldn't find those separate text files to the events that have similar descriptions (eg: "EVT_900065_DESC"). How are those usually handled? Those in the Kaiserreich folder have the name and description stated as part of the event file, which isn't much trouble for a small event chain like this, I suppose. Also, am I supposed to add the separate text files with names and descriptions to the list of events to be loaded?

Hello and first of all;
thank you for making this very good modification for HoI2.

I have but one question:

Is there any possibility for National France of regaining her claims (cores) on Alscace-Lorraine and the Italian occupied provinces (Nice, Grenoble and Corsica)?

Regards
The King

The most I have seen is that France can get the mainland back, besides that nothing. You could edit into the senario files though

I'm scared that Quebec might make make Canada too weak and give a massive advantage to UoB. IMO, Canada should be a stronghold of Conservatism. To change this, the UoB or CSA should invade directly. Quebec might overpower Syndicalism.

I'm scared that Quebec might make make Canada too weak and give a massive advantage to UoB. IMO, Canada should be a stronghold of Conservatism. To change this, the UoB or CSA should invade directly. Quebec might overpower Syndicalism.

i had some trouble invading UoB as canada and protecting delhi. convoys were a mess and i was almost destroyed twice by counterattack. theyre weak enough as it is!!!! give them a better fleet or something but DONT nerf them! 6 BBs that i built saved me.

Yeah, that's one of my concerns too, definitely. Canada's real stronghold is Ontario, but it's on Quebec's doorstep, and Quebec has Montreal.

Quebec is a minor nation in terms of IC, though. I'm thinking it might simply make the game more interesting for Canada if Québec separates at a comparatively peaceful time, instead of during the Civil War. Perhaps with slightly different events if the CSA won the civil war, to make it clear that angering syndicalists at that point might be a Bad Idea.

Yeah, that's one of my concerns too, definitely. Canada's real stronghold is Ontario, but it's on Quebec's doorstep, and Quebec has Montreal.

Quebec is a minor nation in terms of IC, though. I'm thinking it might simply make the game more interesting for Canada if Québec separates at a comparatively peaceful time, instead of during the Civil War. Perhaps with slightly different events if the CSA won the civil war, to make it clear that angering syndicalists at that point might be a Bad Idea.
IMO, it would weaken Canada too much. Canada already has it hard, trying to prop up a global empire. To add in Quebec could be a deathblow. Also, according to Kaiserpedia, King Edward is very popular among Quebecistanis, so such a revolt seems unlikely.

Well, part of the reasoning behind the whole thing is that historically, the Duplessis era to the 1960's marked a period of pretty huge change, from ultra-conservative Québec in liberal Canada under Duplessis to social-democratic Québec in a Canada that hasn't changed hugely. Now we're some kind of Québec SSR in comparison to Harper's vision of Canada. Modern trade unions gained significant grounds in the late '40s.

But yeah, balancing it might not be possible, but I'll try. I might make separation very unlikely for the AI through events, so that people playing Canada can pick, and it doesn't imbalance every game if you play as someone other than Canada.

Well, part of the reasoning behind the whole thing is that historically, the Duplessis era to the 1960's marked a period of pretty huge change, from ultra-conservative Québec in liberal Canada under Duplessis to social-democratic Québec in a Canada that hasn't changed hugely. Now we're some kind of Québec SSR in comparison to Harper's vision of Canada. Modern trade unions gained significant grounds in the late '40s.

But yeah, balancing it might not be possible, but I'll try. I might make separation very unlikely for the AI through events, so that people playing Canada can pick, and it doesn't imbalance every game if you play as someone other than Canada.
But if you play as Canada, unless you are very good, this might kill your chances of ever liberating Britain. Plus, the British Empire has been dieing since 1922 at this point. Do you really want to kill it in it's hospital bed? IMO, Canada should not be a dangerous place for the British. It should be a safe place to recover after a loss and plan future victories. If they get back to Britain, of couse things would be more difficult. But Canada at this stage really can't afford a civil war.

But if you play as Canada, unless you are very good, this might kill your chances of ever liberating Britain. Plus, the British Empire has been dieing since 1922 at this point. Do you really want to kill it in it's hospital bed? IMO, Canada should not be a dangerous place for the British. It should be a safe place to recover after a loss and plan future victories. If they get back to Britain, of couse things would be more difficult. But Canada at this stage really can't afford a civil war.

I did say through events. It wouldn't be hard to avoid as a player, and my plan for the other branch of the event chain would involve considerably less damaging options for Canada. Negotiating early on would avoid such large strikes and allow Canada to get off the hook while still staying just as right-wing.

Either way, I'm largely making this for myself at the moment, and I see the difficulties with balancing everything, especially given syndicalists can already grow quite powerful while the Entente can hardly afford to get nerfed. I'll try, and if it seems the idea really just can't work, then I'll stop.

thats fine but canada really needs a buff.

my suggestion is to get rid of milita and put in infantry and give them a core of modern ships (maybe 3 or 4 lvl 3 BBs and a lvl 3 CV).

my suggestion is to get rid of milita and put in infantry and give them a core of modern ships (maybe 3 or 4 lvl 3 BBs and a lvl 3 CV).

My pesonal view is a revolution in canada, causing the nation to split into 4 states. Québec , ontario, Clombia ( will join PSA ) And Nunavut in the north

Well, considering that the country we're speaking is Canada with a population of around 11 million people (plus the British in exile), I'd say the KR Canada with its current IC and Navy is as buffed as "historically" plausible. The whole prospect of Canada invading the British isles is kinda shaky and without any significant help from, say, USA, the whole expedition should probably end up in failure in the long term. I'm not saying it was meant to be impossible, just highly improbable that Canada could pull it through alone.

Launch 2 attacks near two close costal provinces, the first attack at one province because they will move troops there. The second is on a differt or near province a couple hours later. This should give you a small opening and if you fail, try it with 3 groups

I assembled 12 divisions with 4 four groups of 3 transports in Oran. I then collective all my naval forces and those my allies and posted a chain of fleets running from just outside of Gilbraltar up to the entrance of the English Channel. My transport and level 3 naval ships made the final run in for the assault.

Several months back I attacked Cornwall (don't have the province names in front of me now) and failed due to screw ups on timing and reinforcements. When I returned the Union had place nearly all their troops in Cornwall leaving one garrison division to the province to the east. I didn't have the naval range for my ships (other than transports) to reach Dover. So I took the risk and attacked.

I made the landing with three marine and was immediately forced to retreat. I then immediately landed the remaining 12 divisions (6 marines, 3 infantry with eng) and they were able to fend off the attack from cornwall. Four days later it was all over for the Union when I transported in 12 assorted mechanized troops and swept through Britain. This was done by the fall of 1940.

The first year of the war with the Union was spent picking off what I could of their fleet. While I was never able to win decisively a main fleet battle. I was able to pick off enough of their minor fleets to allow my transports a reasonable chance of reaching Oran. Especially when I routed them through Guyana.

Much of this was helped by my successful intervention in the US Civil War. Based on previous scenario I played I knew if the Pacific States attacked the US was done. I determined if that was to happen I would attack the CSA regardless of the odds. I did so and won. I was trying to keep the USA alive so I took on the American Union and then finally the Pacific States. Despite all that I couldn't get the US to ally with me at +200 (I wanted to restore their territory). So I wound up declaring war on them and taking them out leaving me in control of the entire USA. I tried to liberate USA but apparently that not an option. Would appreciate suggestions on how to do that. So I enjoyed the extra IP until the confrontation over Iceland. Then focused on winning the war with the Union.

Without the US. I probably still could have persued the same strategy. The key is fortifying Bermuda, Newfoundland, and Long Island (the one with the port) in the Bahamas. Then getting troops to Oran. Without the extra US IP I would have focused on shuttling more troops from Delhi after their unification. I would build at least three mobile divisions and 9 marines. Use the marines to force the landing. The mobile troops to create pockets and then the Allied forces to smash Union forces.

Much of this was helped by my successful intervention in the US Civil War. Based on previous scenario I played I knew if the Pacific States attacked the US was done. I determined if that was to happen I would attack the CSA regardless of the odds. I did so and won. I was trying to keep the USA alive so I took on the American Union and then finally the Pacific States. Despite all that I couldn't get the US to ally with me at +200 (I wanted to restore their territory). So I wound up declaring war on them and taking them out leaving me in control of the entire USA. I tried to liberate USA but apparently that not an option. Would appreciate suggestions on how to do that. So I enjoyed the extra IP until the confrontation over Iceland. Then focused on winning the war with the Union.

I find that in such situations (when nations won't ally with you even though you wish to give them their old territory back) a bit of cheating is in order. Just hit the f12 key and type in "acceptall" (without the "" of course ;)) and the AI will accept any proposal you make.

Now that the damage is done though, I find it difficult to believe that you can't release the US as your puppet. Do you have all the territories required? And what is your political stance? (Social Liberal, Aut Dem, Nat. Populist?)

the only problem I have is that California always leaves at the outset of the American Civil War which bugs me because I don't think it should happen every time. Now if you lose Washington or the Canadians decide to take new england I could see that happening.