• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The only problem being the 3D nature of the Clausewitz engine. I'd humbly suggest:

populous.png

It covers the 3D nature of the game and also allows for one to smite the infidels with earthquakes, volcanoes, floods and the like! :cool:

I dare you....

Personally, I would love to see a UI based on the religeon and culture of your Dynasty. So a Greek Orthodox would have some decendant Byzantine iconographic elements, where as an Italian Catholic could have something very Dante, and so on. It might not be so easy to do though.

But certainly there should be some art from the age.

That would be awesome. :cool:

I would like a fully and easily customized UI as well as a default one which looks like the King UI for AoC. I actually started working on a version of it for CK but never got around to finishing it sadly enough. I think such a UI would do the CK brand justice.

UI needs to be scaleable for all supported resolutions.
The most important thing of all. In addition, text should be independently scalable within a certain range.

As far as a "theme" classic gothic look with faded colors and stuff like "here there be dragons" for TI.

I would like a fully and easily customized UI as well as a default one which looks like the King UI for AoC. I actually started working on a version of it for CK but never got around to finishing it sadly enough. I think such a UI would do the CK brand justice.

like the throne and give an idea about a court with the king/player on throne and surrounded by his court, family and advisors that gives access to interface functions

the only wish i would have for the interface is the following; please, for old times' sake, don't switch the province building screen to 3d. Please. I don't know a single person here who would say that the 3d province screens of eu3 and rome are prettier than that of the original ck, or eu2. Or, if the old 2d pic is too out of place, just give us a building list to choose from.
+1.

The only wish I would have for the interface is the following; Please, for old times' sake, don't switch the province building screen to 3D. Please. I don't know a single person here who would say that the 3D province screens of EU3 and Rome are prettier than that of the original CK, or EU2. Or, if the old 2D pic is too out of place, just give us a building list to choose from.

I actually would like paintings to represent the towns, at least in appearance. Something to match up with the paintings of the characters so it maintains the style and flow of things. The buildings in the paintings could be in a .png format and all it has to do is overlay the buildings to give it a 3D perspective.

Just for example's sake, something with this color tone and style..

EuniceHwang_C_FinalLayoutPainting.JPG

I'm also hoping that there can be some random transparent (.png's again) pics of people, so it doesn't look desolate and empty, each time the city loads it just tosses in a few people in the background so it looks different each time. The castle/manor/church or whatever the 'main' structure is for the province can be in the back middle, and you see it rising up over the other parts of the city. If the castle/manor/church is upgradable, as well as the buildings you can see the differences as well.

There's a good feature in Rome: interface skin depends on country. In CK2 it could be taken forward so that orthodox guys see stylish greek churches with domes and TRUE crosses (our crosses have extra perch, take that, papal heretics!). Maybe something like Hearts of Iron different wallpapers in game screens (dunno if it's still in HoI3 but it was there in HoI2).

And I think P-x now has a good interface attitude and should concentrate more on sound. I remember CK1 tortured me with awful demonic sound of trumpets everytime I check state panel. But generally it was better than other P-x games ("Bring out your dead!") More sounds, please. Moooore, they add much more flavor than graphics since you can't give us Dragon Age graphics.

LordofSaxony, good thinking. I hope P-x won't make province screen in 3D like it was in EU and in Rome. In Rome they even haven't shown you it till you ask but it has eaten much of memory and loading time anyway. So you either spend a lot of time and memory on feature that nobody needs or make it look ugly.

I'd like a medieval style.
The red seal/stamp from CK was better than the "Ok" box in CK:DV, for example.

The only problem being the 3D nature of the Clausewitz engine. I'd humbly suggest:

populous.png

It covers the 3D nature of the game and also allows for one to smite the infidels with earthquakes, volcanoes, floods and the like! :cool:

It was one of the greatest game I ever played, I spend hours and hours on it.

+1 :D

But seriously, I don't see any reason to radically change the design from CK1. The GUI was simple and self-explanatory. They'll probably need to add and/or remove a few parts and maybe update it a bit to look nicer, but other than that I think that if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

The portraits could probably use some work. On the other hand, the cartoony people who all have enormous noses is pretty funny...

They'll definitely have to do something about the Crusade banner. Please no more, "The Pope has called a crusade! Now you can't see half your screen for the next 50 years." Or was that supposed to motivate players to go crusading, just to get rid of the banner. If so, it worked on me a few times.

@LordofSaxony: Excellent thinking! I'd personally love something different than the old province pic (such as the picture you posted), as long as it's an actual painting, and not the crude and ugly 3d models of EUIII and Rome.

@LordofSaxony: Excellent thinking! I'd personally love something different than the old province pic (such as the picture you posted), as long as it's an actual painting, and not the crude and ugly 3d models of EUIII and Rome.

Thanks! I believe that the portraits and towns should blend together, if they are both paintings it would flow much better than if one of them were 3D.

What do you thing about a window/icon/whatever in which put the character(s) one want to follow during gameplay?
A portrait with name, loyalty, and few other parameters should be enough. Perhaps they may have marks/icons(/comics text balloons :) ) when something important they regards change. Just to skip to use the character screen so frequently.

PS: it maybe looks like a medieval twitter...

I'd actually quite like something fairly colourful, high society in the middle ages wasn't drab and muddy, particularly after the Crusades.

I'd actually quite like something fairly colourful, high society in the middle ages wasn't drab and muddy, particularly after the Crusades.

I agree, but the drab look oddly usually fits popular conception. I could do with either or so long as the colours aren't obnoxious.

The most important thing of all. In addition, text should be independently scalable within a certain range.

As far as a "theme" classic gothic look with faded colors and stuff like "here there be dragons" for TI.

I'd actually prefer good old "Hic sunt leones/dracones." Why people no longer appreciate latin anymore? :)

Last edited: