• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hey, no posts without pictures! :)

Size doesn't matter, you can be a CV if you want to:

Smallest_Carrier_in_the_Navy_by_ByteStudio.jpg

Haha! :)

I've just realised that my garden pond fleet is easily more powerful than the Icelandic "battle fleet" of another thread.

I take that back, I just found what will surely tip the naval balance in Icelands favour! Their newest and most powerful warship!
PlaymobilVikingLongboat.jpg

Here are some units that I found during a trip to Hakone, Japan last year...

View attachment 34798

We're considering them for NWAC... What do you think?

I think they would be a perfect counter balance for the western carriers. They're stealthy and have bow ties, there's no missile on Earth that could counter that threat.

BBs are very much obsolete, but it's always a pleasure to see the best pic of Iowa ever taken. Iowas were the last BBs in service in the world - so I doubt any of such ships will be featured in NWAC. Shame, isn't it? :)

470px-BB61_USS_Iowa_BB61_broadside_USN.jpg

Picard on a ship that CAN'T fire photon torpedoes? (Surely shining a torch would have the same effect as a photon based weapon?)
HMS Daring hosts the Captain.
5162523256_4c32c374e6_z.jpg

5162504524_f334dfdaf4_b.jpg

Charles de Gaulle, aka Gadhafi's pain in the butt:

Charles_De_Gaulle_PascalSubtil_1.jpg

Charles de Gaulle, aka Gadhafi's pain in the butt:

On one of its rare journeys from port that don't result in the crew glowing green. Also it seems to be in company with what appears to be a remote controlled helicopter!

The UXV Combatant, a UCAV mothership design proposed to the Royal Navy.
SNN0121A_682_361015a.jpg

THIS is the shape of war to come - a supership to launch unmanned jets, submarines, tanks and boats by remote control.
By 2020 a new generation fleet of Royal Navy ships will replace tens of thousands of troops on the battlefield.

Dubbed the UXV Combatant - and nicknamed Mothership - the concept has been drawn up by UK arms giant BAE Systems.

It could be in service in 13 years.

The 8,000-ton Mothership is a cross between an aircraft carrier and the Navy's newest Type 45 destroyer.

Its sleek, stealth design means it only shows up on radar as the size of a small fishing boat. Main weapons systems will be concealed, including the 75-mile range, 155mm gun with precision-guided shells.

Each Mothership could carry up to 24 unmanned vehicles for different combat scenarios.

A handful of the ships could execute a full invasion. Currently, it takes around 20 people to crew and maintain one helicopter. An unmanned version could be run by five.

Manned surface patrol boats need 50 sailors to manage. The remote control prototypes need just ten.

BAE Systems' ship engineering chief Charles Nisbet said: "There is still a way to go but we have been working across industry and closely with the MoD on the concept, and this is a considered response to their request for designs." A senior Navy officer said: "The UXV fits very closely with our thinking. The next generation of surface ships has to be able to do just about everything".

I wonder if this has any scope for inclusion in NWAC? (Assuming that it gets some sort of main gate approval in the near future)

Last edited:
The UXV Combatant, a UCAV mothership design proposed to the Royal Navy.
SNN0121A_682_361015a.jpg

THIS is the shape of war to come - a supership to launch unmanned jets, submarines, tanks and boats by remote control.
By 2020 a new generation fleet of Royal Navy ships will replace tens of thousands of troops on the battlefield.

Dubbed the UXV Combatant - and nicknamed Mothership - the concept has been drawn up by UK arms giant BAE Systems.

It could be in service in 13 years.

The 8,000-ton Mothership is a cross between an aircraft carrier and the Navy's newest Type 45 destroyer.

Its sleek, stealth design means it only shows up on radar as the size of a small fishing boat. Main weapons systems will be concealed, including the 75-mile range, 155mm gun with precision-guided shells.

Each Mothership could carry up to 24 unmanned vehicles for different combat scenarios.

A handful of the ships could execute a full invasion. Currently, it takes around 20 people to crew and maintain one helicopter. An unmanned version could be run by five.

Manned surface patrol boats need 50 sailors to manage. The remote control prototypes need just ten.

BAE Systems' ship engineering chief Charles Nisbet said: "There is still a way to go but we have been working across industry and closely with the MoD on the concept, and this is a considered response to their request for designs." A senior Navy officer said: "The UXV fits very closely with our thinking. The next generation of surface ships has to be able to do just about everything".

I wonder if this has any scope for inclusion in NWAC? (Assuming that it gets some sort of main gate approval in the near future)

i doubt something like this will be build and operational within the next 30 years.

Here's Denmark's finest. It's a command/support ship leading squadrons of frigates, but I first heard about it when it tore Somali pirate mothership a new ***hole - so it's not a newbie vessel. :) HDMS Absalon.

800px-Absalon.jpg

i doubt something like this will be build and operational within the next 30 years.

It's possible from an engineering point of view but I don't think the government would seriously consider funding this class of ship. A major event would have to come about to cause this to become an accepted naval idea, especially when a real carrier could do the same job.

Here's Denmark's finest. It's a command/support ship leading squadrons of frigates, but I first heard about it when it tore Somali pirate mothership a new ***hole - so it's not a newbie vessel. :) HDMS Absalon.

The Royal Navy really could use those as part of the Future Surface Combatant C2 variant. (C1 will be the Type 26)

Here's the star of guess the ship threads in any forum, first ever sub to sink enemy, CSS Hunley:

Css_hunley_on_pier.jpg

Hunley-1.jpg

The good old days when a NWAC would be a pretty quick affair for the 1200+ ship Royal Navy.

gfleet.jpg

Learn from the best:

TrafalgarBattle.jpg