• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Sarys

Captain
60 Badges
Apr 18, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Prison Architect
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Victoria 2
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Rome: Vae Victis
Hello! I'm playing as King of England and about half of my vassals just decleard war agains me (sorry for bad English by the way). So I made peace with them so now they have the provinces they had (I didn't have money or time to fight with them). So what should I do now? :confused:

You first will need to find out, what caused your vassals to declare war on you. The most likely reason is, that you did to many 'bad things' (grab claims, declare war, take counties, revoke titles etc.) in a to short period. Doing this will effect your reputation and your reputation effects how loyal your vassals will be, a bad reputation leads to low loyalty of your vassals and then leads to them rebelling against you.

See this thread for the effects of badboy points.

You will now have to try to improve your reputation, which usually means you have to wait till it goes down, over time.

You first will need to find out, what caused your vassals to declare war on you. The most likely reason is, that you did to many 'bad things' (grab claims, declare war, take counties, revoke titles etc.) in a to short period. Doing this will effect your reputation and your reputation effects how loyal your vassals will be, a bad reputation leads to low loyalty of your vassals and then leads to them rebelling against you.

See this thread for the effects of badboy points.

You will now have to try to improve your reputation, which usually means you have to wait till it goes down, over time.

Yeah I think I was bit too wary in the begining. But my reputation goes down if my ally asks my help in war and I accept and go to fight???

But what do you think can I conquer theyr lands one by one?

Yeah I think I was bit too wary in the begining. But my reputation goes down if my ally asks my help in war and I accept and go to fight???

No, that won't help at all.

But what do you think can I conquer theyr lands one by one?

The problem with that is, that by conquering lands your reputation will get worse again, so any vassal you might have will then start to rebel. If you then defeat that rebel and take his land, your reputation will get another hit and this will lead to another rebellion.

Best thing in this case, is to start all over again and plan your conquests more carefully.

You can see what all is effecting the loyalty of your vassals, by hovering your mouse over the loyalty-rating, that gives valuable information.

No, that won't help at all.

The problem with that is, that by conquering lands your reputation will get worse again, so any vassal you might have will then start to rebel. If you then defeat that rebel and take his land, your reputation will get another hit and this will lead to another rebellion.

Best thing in this case, is to start all over again and plan your conquests more carefully.

You can see what all is effecting the loyalty of your vassals, by hovering your mouse over the loyalty-rating, that gives valuable information.

Start all over again? Darn any other way?

Sure you can continue with your game, but you probably have such a bad reputation, that you wn't be able to expand much for a long time.