• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I've seen the screenshots on GG. Nice. Will add to my wish list.

Is this a tease for CK2 btw? I see the English ones are showing the royal COA on their tabards for example.

EDIT: so everything for me goes back to CK2. So that's what I thought of when I saw them.

Works quite fine for me with June 21st patch vanilla... but not when i load MEIOU... :(
It gets stranger. For me, in MEIOU, the Eastern spritepack loads, but not the Western. Have you tried loading up as Byzantium or Lithuania?

It gets stranger. For me, in MEIOU, the Eastern spritepack loads, but not the Western. Have you tried loading up as Byzantium or Lithuania?

Hmmm... nope. I loaded as France. As it didn't work, i didn't even try the Eastern ones. I'll check when i get home from work.

Thank you for the great feedback :)

Here are some answers:

1.) The spritepacks won't change the checksum.
2.) The spritepacks are fully multiplayer compatible.
3.) The Teutonic Order sprite is included in the Western spritepack, not into the Eastern.
4.) The spritepacks have been released on Steam, too.
5.) These two spritepacks will represent the first time period of the game (from 1399 untill 1530 ).
6.) Unfortunately it isn't possible to give support for all mods out there. But it should be possible to change mods, so that they will work with the spritepacks, too.
7.) Further spritepacks for EU III are in the works.....

That is wonderful news. The first round of spritepacks look great. I look forward to later periods and other regions. I do hope that Asia will get some love.

6.) Unfortunately it isn't possible to give support for all mods out there. But it should be possible to change mods, so that they will work with the spritepacks, too.

I understand that. However, do you have any idea why one sprite pack would work with a mod and not the other sprite pack ?

There can be different reasons....

Maybe in the mod the countries.txt have another graphical_culture than graphical_culture = latingfx or, the XP-Rost-Anno-Domini-1400-Western-units.gfx is not the last file loaded from the folder by the game.

You can try to put the XP-Rost-Anno-Domini-1400-Western-units.gfx into the mod\interface file and give the XP-Rost-Anno-Domini-1400-Western-units.gfx a name beginning with some Zs, maybe ZZZXP-Rost-Anno-Domini-1400-Western-units.gfx to be sure this is the last file of the interface folder loaded by the game. And put the XP-Rost-Anno-Domini-1400-Western-units.gfx file into the mod folder \interface too. So you are sure the file is loaded in the mod....

Than check out if there is any difference in the mod to the graphicalculturetype.txt in the common folder of the vanilla game.

AND you should put the files of the \anims folder of the spritepacks into the vanilla folder \gfx\anims + into the \gfx\anims folder of the mod to be sure the files are loaded correctly....

Normaly the mods should be created that the spritepacks are not installed into the mod folders o the mod. The spritepack files should be installed into the vanilla folders.... Than the mod should get the entry : extend = "gfx" and extend = "interface" + the other things I explained above.

For spritepacks these files are important:
\common\graphicalculturetype.gfx
\common\countries\"allcountries of thespritepack".txt
\interace\XP-Rost-Anno-Domini-1400-Western-units.gfx (e.G. Western spritepack)

For the moment, i kept all the new sprites in the vanilla folder to be sure not to spread them inadvertantly when releasing the mod. So the anims are where they should. The graphic_culture are as they should.

I'll check about the gfx file, as you suggested.

Thanks a lot for oyur answers :)

For me, the sprite pack automaticaly loaded with my mod after I installed the pack to the game director. Are the same units and animations already in your Gfx-interface folder?

For me, the sprite pack automaticaly loaded with my mod after I installed the pack to the game director. Are the same units and animations already in your Gfx-interface folder?

Nope, we got no anims in the mod, and the gfx file is a new one, so we don't have any with same name).

First of all this looks quite awsome!

second what is Blue Coins?

Oh and yea, now all we need on topp of this is different units for rebbels "pesant revolt = peasant etc." that wold be awsome :p and then some more different units around the globe and later in game :)

Also possibily a horse unit if the army is mostly dominated by cavalry "2000 cavalry and 1000 infantry = a Horse unit representing" and vice versa if dominated by infantry(just like with the ships basicaly) mabe also a special unit if the faction leeder is in the army :p

Last edited:

Here are some answers:

1.) The spritepacks won't change the checksum.
2.) The spritepacks are fully multiplayer compatible.
3.) The Teutonic Order sprite is included in the Western spritepack, not into the Eastern.
4.) The spritepacks have been released on Steam, too.
5.) These two spritepacks will represent the first time period of the game (from 1399 untill 1530 ).

Do you know if the gamersgate version can be worked with the steam one? I really detest using steam, and I do need to spend those blue coins.

BTW, blue coins are sorta like gamersgate only cash that you get when you buy through the site. As it builds up, you can spend it!

It is recommended to buy the spritepacks there, where you have bought the game.

for the sprite packs, i doubt it has any effect, given it only adds files in the gfx anims and in the interface folders.

Rost3DSprites, it seems that putting your two gfx files in the mod folder does the trick.

I love these sprites, it looks so much better than the regular version. Will there be more packs for other areas and timeframes?

My favorite thing is that they took the time to make sprite packs for Riga.

Shows you how thorough they are with these! Good job guys! I look forward to playing with them soon. After all, I need something to spend all these almost-useless virtual currency points on!

for the sprite packs, i doubt it has any effect, given it only adds files in the gfx anims and in the interface folders.

Rost3DSprites, it seems that putting your two gfx files in the mod folder does the trick.
Perhaps as a workaround, you could have the launcher copy the files from the root interface folder to the mod interface folder (through "On new version, click here"). That way, you would not have to include the files in the mod, but they would show up for those of us who have it.

Cool, I think I'll buy these sometime in the next week.