• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Add me to to the list of people who like the column view. Less busy for the eyes.

Maybe keep the summary at the bottom and then have the units on a scroll box and have a fixed height.

Yes, something like in battle description on wikipedia, a column based view could look more clear...

For illustration, it could look something like this>>
2eygi1t.jpg

I agree, very nice & clear Gixian. (even if there isn't room for the entire name I'd still prefer this)

Very nice little things - having a little bit difficulty with the yellow text on the map (perhaps an inverted coloured border?)

Yes, something like in battle description on wikipedia, a column based view could look more clear...

For illustration, it could look something like this>>
2eygi1t.jpg

+1 from me, good idea. I don't think the black lines are necessary though.

Last edited:
nice update :)

The devil is in the details, and you guys are doing a brilliant job.

I would like to see a bit more on the slider, as you've made an improvement, but HoI2 sliders still had some issues.

Oh, and +1 on the split column. :)

Last edited:
Johan, first, as every Wednesday, one has to give compliments for what you guys are doing.

About the progress to win or lose a battle:
Do I understand correctly that if I see the number 95,
it can be either 95 % progress to win a battle or 95 % to lose a battle? Is there no visual indicator to tell, which of the two is the case? I can hardly believe that.

I agree with an earlier post that winning or losing is more important information than attacking or defending, so it should be green or red for that.

Even if you disagree with that, you should agree that it is important enough information to be visualized at least somehow.

Great work, Johan!

I may also point out that I support Gixians Idea.

I also vote for a system where you can find and sort your Generals. Remember when you play a country with countless Generals like Germany and it takes literally hours to find a specific General?

I think this migth help:
1) sort like in HoI 2 (name, skill or rank)
2) have extra folders/tabs (like in Firefox) where you can "put" Generals and leave them there. I would choose drag and drop. One "all" and three namable folders should be fine.
3) Show only / show not: all traits seperatly chekable

Also, some sort of distance-related time delay when swapping leaders would be cool. I doubt it's very hard to implement.

One thing nobody seems to have pointed out on the "columns" bandwagon :p

Doesn't that thing just give way too much information unless you have perfect intel? Especially the number of actual men in fighting condition seems to be out of place!

But yes, organizing things in columns is goodness. And the totals should be in the beginning..

One thing nobody seems to have pointed out on the "columns" bandwagon :p

Doesn't that thing just give way too much information unless you have perfect intel? Especially the number of actual men in fighting condition seems to be out of place!

But yes, organizing things in columns is goodness. And the totals should be in the beginning..

Estimated numbers? Intel for sure should have serious impact.

I still think if you attack somewhere with a seizable stack the window will be overcrowded with division names included, even with separate columns.
It's not even useful information, because the names will often be in languages you don't speak anyway.
How many of the divisions are infantry, artillery, armor and so on would be more interesting to know (for those of us who don't get counters).

Just add a Scroller.

I'm assuming the number accuracy in the battle report will be dependant on the level of intel? The Poles must be pretty smart to know exactly how many brigades and troops are attacking.

Also, I second an earlier query regarding the dark blue arrow?

Looking great. Here's hoping for something regarding air combat at E3.

Oh, and +1 me for the column idea.