• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(97213)

Sergeant
10 Badges
Apr 16, 2008
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2 A House Divided Beta
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
I had read some other threads that suggested there would be no pre-orders, but stumbled upon this at US Amazon digital store this morning. Not only is it available for pre-order, but also 10% off right now. Obvisouly, the Amazon version likely won't work the Steam version, but I would think it would work fine with the Gamersgate version. I have used Amazon download service before and has worked really well and very similar to Gamersgate where you download all the setup files and can store safely on a CD/DVD somewhere.

http://www.amazon.com/Victoria-II-H..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=01HRTAPMZX8262XZC5VY

Edit: Just noticed also available on Gamersgate too.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-V2AHD/victoria-ii-a-house-divided

About effing time! *pre-orders* I wonder if we'll get a free DLC like if we pre-order CKII?

So the gamersgate version will work with the base game bought on disk?

So the gamersgate version will work with the base game bought on disk?

Yeah I need to know this as well...

Edit - on the gg site it simply says need VIC 2 instswlled on computer so should be fine.

Yeah I need to know this as well...

Edit - on the gg site it simply says need VIC 2 instswlled on computer so should be fine.

At least for other Paradox titles, I have been able to use GG expansions/DLC with boxed copies with no problems. My assumption is this would be the same or they would limite themselves from being able to sell expansions to these people.

At least for other Paradox titles, I have been able to use GG expansions/DLC with boxed copies with no problems. My assumption is this would be the same or they would limite themselves from being able to sell expansions to these people.

Just bought it. Have not used GG before. I assume I cant download it until the release date? I certainly have no option too that I can see anyway.

Preordered earlier today. Yay.:)

WOOT! Thanks for the heads up. Preordered. :)

One thing that I have noticed is the use of the word economical when they are describing Victoria II and AHD. Not a big deal but I think they should use the word economic instead.

The first expansion to Victoria 2 focuses on American Civil War era and enhances the political and economical aspects of the game.

Carefully guide your nation from the era of absolute monarchies in the early 19th century, through expansion and colonization, to finally become a truly great power by the dawn of the 20th century.

“Economic” and “economical” are two adjectives that are frequently used interchangeably. They are clearly related but they have, strictly speaking, quite distinct meanings.

According to the Oxford English Dictionary, the definition of economic is

Relating to economics or the economy.

Economical, however, means

Giving good value or return in relation to the resources used or money spent; sparing in the use of resources or money.

So, government policies to do with finance would be economic but fuel-efficient cars would be described as more economical.

The main confusion arises when writers use “economic” when they really mean “economical”. Take, for example, the phrase “economical with the truth”, a euphemism for lying brought into popular usage by the British civil servant Robert Armstrong.

Armstrong used the phrase correctly, but many do not, referring instead to being “economic with the truth”. A simple web search will reveal many thousands of instances of this phrase, although it is essentially meaningless.

In colloquial English, the distinction between the two words is often blurred, but it is always useful to know the correct meanings.

As an aside, the adverb for both words is the same: economically.

http://www.dailywritingtips.com/economic-or-economical/

I've just preordered AHD.

A week to get it :) And I'm aching to it; once I saw the awesome features that AHD will add to the gameplay I've not been able to play with vanilla Vicky2.

Oh nice, I really thought it was gonna be $30. :) Preordering once I get paid this week.

Edit: And yeah, I haven't been able to play Vicky 2 for a few weeks either... it just makes me want the new features.

Pre-ordered of Gamersgate.