• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I had a Prince Semen in Russia too. In my case, it was a regency for Semen!

I had a Prince Semen in Russia too. In my case, it was a regency for Semen!

Imagine what my face looked like when I had Semen the pretender rose to the throne in Yaroslavl.

Imagine what my face looked like when I had Semen the pretender rose to the throne in Yaroslavl.

They like to antecipate their cause too soon, when they aren't even a diplont cell

I read all 72 pages of this over this past weekend....:D

raage1.jpg

Considering that Semen (although it's pronounced "Sem-yon") is a rather common Slavic name, equivalent to the English "Simon", I don't see much to laugh at. Giggle once, maybe, but not exactly laugh one's bottom off :)

Considering that Semen (although it's pronounced "Sem-yon") is a rather common Slavic name, equivalent to the English "Simon", I don't see much to laugh at. Giggle once, maybe, but not exactly laugh one's bottom off :)

I thought as much. I did not know the pronunciation, but I figured it would be something like Simon.

Still, as a non native english speaker, when I play games in English I have to "think" in English. So when something like that pops up my first thought would be "Wait. What?"
Laugh and after that start thinking about what it really says.

All this would take maybe two seconds, but It's enough to amuse me from time to time.

It's the same as the German word Hören. It can be spelled Hoeren, wich means to hear in German. It means (spelled like that) something completely different when spelled that way in Dutch...

Cardinal Awesome :rofl:

Interesting :)

Mentions a couple of Rage points in one picture!

attachment.php

Wow this one actually amuses me, its been a looong time since someone posted a funny post on raaaage. Probably because hardly anyone posts here anymore.

I read all 72 pages of this over this past weekend....:D

raage1.jpg

This was pretty good also.

I thought as much. I did not know the pronunciation, but I figured it would be something like Simon.

Still, as a non native english speaker, when I play games in English I have to "think" in English. So when something like that pops up my first thought would be "Wait. What?"
Laugh and after that start thinking about what it really says.

All this would take maybe two seconds, but It's enough to amuse me from time to time.

It's the same as the German word Hören. It can be spelled Hoeren, wich means to hear in German. It means (spelled like that) something completely different when spelled that way in Dutch...

If someone to think in Turkish while playing, he has to face the fact there are people living in the mighty kingdom of ArseLand (GotLand, it has to be with umlaut actually).

2crtx5e.png

Story is that I was playing a small Balkan country, and trying to be opportunistic I was waiting till the Byzantine Empire allied me so I could declare war on the Turks and steal Ottoman Europe which obviously failed. I waited until the Ottoman Empire screwed herself over but somehow she ended up not dying, and then Castille came to rescue the day.... NOT! Stupid France decided to take useless Castillian land while getting her ass kicked by Burgundy.

96982668.jpg

This is my RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGEEE screen. I was at start allied with Muscovy and Hungary. Make peace deal with GH. Golden Horde make all peace around also so they dont bloob around. Muscovy declere war against Yaroslaw, in charge of war was his ally Ryazan, after that to war join Georgia who take charge. After that to war join Milan to was in charge, after that Bohemia in charge. With Bohemia join to war Hungary and Teutonic Order.

The point of this thread is badly-drawn paint pics, not screenshots.