• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, tough choice.
I am an Anarchist, but I voted for the UF last time because I didn't want to reward terrorism with power. But now, the world has mellowed.
I have often said we should not invade other countries, but let them rise up and declare communism unto themselves. But I find myself supporting Engels' invasion of Prussia because the people did rise up, but were crushed by the evil aristocratic oppressors. I welcome our Bhutanese and Danish brethren. Any country that overthrows oppression is good. Besides, the Bhutanese have shown they are already open to true enlightenment, even if they are illiterate and bucolic. There is now talk of invading Austria-Hungary and the southern German states. Treat them as we did Prussia. Once they show they are ready for communism, they should join us. After all, this would not be conquest and imposing our way on others, but liberating ideological brethren. This is justified.
As to the change in format... truth be told, I wish both the CA and UF supported both reforms. I am in favor of expanding the electorate and of an assembly to enfranchise even the most minor of parties and allow coalitions. The squeaker of 1865 still is fresh.

For these reasons, I find myself once again supporting the United Front. This may change next time, as the state is rapidly -- thankfully -- making itself irrelevant. Our glorious republic is becoming self-sufficient without government intrusion, and other countries are becoming enlightened and coming to join our glorious revolution.

Marxists

All three have policies that I agree and disagree with i.e. agree with Marxists on social reform and FP, but much prefer Anarchists and UF on voting reform. This vote is mostly to prevent UC/Anarchists from dominating the party. Plus, for the life of me I can't work out why AC's are expansionist in Asia but less so than the other two in Europe. WTF Bakunin?

Awesome AAR btw :D

Well, tough choice.
I am an Anarchist, but I voted for the UF last time because I didn't want to reward terrorism with power. But now, the world has mellowed.
I have often said we should not invade other countries, but let them rise up and declare communism unto themselves. But I find myself supporting Engels' invasion of Prussia because the people did rise up, but were crushed by the evil aristocratic oppressors. I welcome our Bhutanese and Danish brethren. Any country that overthrows oppression is good. Besides, the Bhutanese have shown they are already open to true enlightenment, even if they are illiterate and bucolic. There is now talk of invading Austria-Hungary and the southern German states. Treat them as we did Prussia. Once they show they are ready for communism, they should join us. After all, this would not be conquest and imposing our way on others, but liberating ideological brethren. This is justified.
As to the change in format... truth be told, I wish both the CA and UF supported both reforms. I am in favor of expanding the electorate and of an assembly to enfranchise even the most minor of parties and allow coalitions. The squeaker of 1865 still is fresh.

For these reasons, I find myself once again supporting the United Front. This may change next time, as the state is rapidly -- thankfully -- making itself irrelevant. Our glorious republic is becoming self-sufficient without government intrusion, and other countries are becoming enlightened and coming to join our glorious revolution.

I couldn't have said it better my self, this pretty much sums up my views. If the United Front won't support social reforms next election I will probably vote Marxist to expand social reforms for the people, but priority now is electorate reform, making coalitions possible.

Marxists
Awesome AAR btw :D

I totally agree! I have to mention this as well, great job Tommy4ever! :D

While I strongly prefer the Anarchists' focus on unions and both the UF's and Anarchists' ideas for electoral reform, my desire to see the Hapsburg overthrown is even stronger. We'll have all the time in the world to devolve political and economic power to the populace after the capitalists' states are gone. I vote Marxist.

I'll vote for the Marxists - as always, but maybe for the last time. I'm increasingly uncomfortable with the Marxist faction's desire for conquest, but society has to go further down the road to communism. We're not quite there, comrades (actually we're not even close but the game can't reflect that)! And the only party that promotes this is the Marxists - so I accept the prospect of yet another war with a grudge.

Last edited:
As before I back the United Front, as I believe that they are the party best able to lead our nation. They have done us right so far, and I believe they can continue doing our republic right if they are allowed to continue to serve.

Though I find the Collective Anarchist platform appealing, I am loyal to my party and their ideals. I hope you will continue to work with us in the future.

I also find the Marxist platform appealing, emphasizing social reform, but I find myself drawn to the platform and leadership of the United Front. May we work well together in the future.

The one thing I am most happy about is that there are three platforms that I find eminently appealing. That I am forced to choose between them at all is a sign of a healthy democracy, rather than one divided into bitter partisan camps. All parties posit platforms that I would be satisfied with if they won the election, and all seek to progress our nation and our society. Truly the United Front has done its job...and done it well for such a political state to exist at all.

For this reason, my loyalty is commanded by the United Front. I will endeavour to advance their cause for as long as their ideals remain my ideals. May the United Front's enlightened leadership continue to be a guiding light in our republic for years to come!

Whilst I am a Marxist at heart, the United Front have avoided civil war and led the Republic through the most prosperous period of it's history. They deserve to have their Chairman once again. Therefore, I shall place my vote for the United Front.

((Also, now I can't hear anyone talk about Blanqui in my lectures without instantly thinking "bastard!".))

((Also, now I can't hear anyone talk about Blanqui in my lectures without instantly thinking "bastard!".))

That's awesome!

And I want to echo the others; great AAR Tommy4ever! Konnigratz comment shows just that, you have people thinking about your AAR when they're supposed to be out living their real lives :)

It was a hard choice but as a swing voter I will go back to supporting the collective anarchists, since they are the only ones supporting voting rights for the farmers.

I am however beside that issue quite content and happy with the current government. Long live comrade Engels!

since they are the only ones supporting voting rights for the farmers.

Can someone please tell me why we should extend the vote to illiterate peasants?

I vote for the United Front.

United Front

Anarchist

Also, let us celebrate the freedom of the presses once more!

beobachter1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.