• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Cheer up! Our grandchildren will beat heathens soon in a virtual reality version of Crusader Kings II, announced in year 2035.

Someone should make a petition for ck2. Just curious how many signs it would get :p
There have been a number of polls over the years by both forum members and Paradox about what game people most wanted to see next. I think Vicky 2 usually was at or near the top.

So, this is the end. Even my hope died with this Johan's statement.

Weld you'll get your beer (your mind was right your heart wrong, as ussual in life):(

Victoria was my second best PI game so at least something I will enjoy soon, too bad it all ended to this two (but for sure those WWIIwannabenazi game have much more demand on market).

I'm going back to my hibernation. Woke me up when Septembar come (that is when V2 is out).

:(

To be honest I wasn't disapointed, I have given up my hope long time ago and I doubt that they will ever publish CK2. After Vicky II is ready it's time for next EU or HoI title, because those sell much better than Vicky, CK or Rome ever did. Vicky got sequel, only because it had extremely active fan community (much more active than we are).

I probably won't get another Paradox game until CK II is released. So if that's the case, then there's no more money from me to Paradox.

I made this decision not based on anything else but the fact that all the Paradox titles I have now seem to be similar in tech and fairly complete games.

I've always thought that CK II should have a converter that will convert to EU III. I'm still waiting for that.

I'm happy playing Vicky Revolutions and Rome.

I want CK II converter to EU3 because I don't really like EU3 in the first place and I want to continue my CK games on in a format that's a nice transition. Or better than what I have now. And eventually to go CKII>EU3>Vicky II.

If that doesn't happen, I see very little incentive for me to get Vicky II or Rome II or any other game. And most definitely NOT EU4.

I'll just keep playing the four titles I already have.

Sincerely I think you are overreacting based in a hype that was created by yourselves as there was no evidence that a CK2 would be announced now, but there is evidence that it will be announced in the future, be it after Vicky 2 or after a new game, but will surely be there...

Sincerely I think you are overreacting based in a hype that was created by yourselves as there was no evidence that a CK2 would be announced now, but there is evidence that it will be announced in the future, be it after Vicky 2 or after a new game, but will surely be there...

I think this is exactly it...

Let me explain...

Vicky and CK are the ugly ducks of Paradox titles. In terms of sales anyway.
In regards to CK especifically it always seemed to me that Paradox (namely Johan) was very frustrated with how it turned out and if there is one game that he would redo in the "right way this time" it would be CK.

It's been said over the years that a remake for CK was very unlikely a bit how like a remake for Vicky was unlikely. There were even jokes that Frederik would shave his head if Vicky did well, etc.

Personally, announcing CK2 would be simply Johan saying that..."Yes, we are strongly considering the possibility of making CK2 in the near future." No more then that. I'm not sure but I feel a lot of people are on the same boat, it's not really that I want the game tomorrow (well...it would be nice) but that I'd like to know that the possibility of it coming is indeed real.

In a sense this whole hype about CK might have been good at least to make Frederik know that we are ready to make him shave his head again for CK2.

CK has a very unique concept, everyone knows that. It had very good reviews when it was launched especially because it was a very unique concept, considering how unstable and reckless the game was at launch, that it got positive reviews is saying a lot.

Anyway, yes there was probably no real evidence that CK2 was going to be announced, just a lot of positive thinking. But what I really would like is to know that it is a real possibility.

:rolleyes:

I'd be ridiculously happy. There's a lot PI could build off of Rome, too, (esp VV) to build into and upgrade for CK2. Plus, medieval games always sell so it'd be a nice little chunk of change - hopefully.

There have been a number of polls over the years by both forum members and Paradox about what game people most wanted to see next. I think Vicky 2 usually was at or near the top.

They put those polls in OT, and then don't tell any one on this forum that it is there :(

I probably won't get another Paradox game until CK II is released. So if that's the case, then there's no more money from me to Paradox.

I have said a few times, and will say it again. I am prepared to pre-order CK2 NOW if it will get it made :p

As for the rest of their games, nothing really appeals that much unless they develop Rome a bit more.

If they made CK2, it would become their hottest selling game. They could make tons of money! They must be pretty far into another game if they aren't gonna make this one.

Paradox may not be developing CK2, but maybe a third party is expanding CK1?

If they made CK2, it would become their hottest selling game. They could make tons of money! They must be pretty far into another game if they aren't gonna make this one.

I totally agree. Crusader Kings is good now, even with its oddities. It is just one of those games where a little more effort would have made it great. If they can add more options, prevent the classic CK oddities, and stop crazy realms, it would be a bestselling, classic game.