• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You must've told them that after I died, because I had no idea. And it would have been helpful to know that.

To be honest the packs got screwed up in the beginning with esemesas dying almost instantly and Comm Cody giving us bad information about his own cultist, and then subbing out so we never really had an idea what was going on.

It took the GM and a mistake or two before I had everyone who was in my pack memorized with their traits, or at least the traits I was given. And then things got silly again when all my hunt orders were blatantly ignored and changed without any discussion on the matter.

And then rysz tried to get us in contact with people, and instead of playing it safe and testing people, they just started to give out information freely.

There was a lot of information being withheld from the right people and a lot of information being told to the wrong people.

Ah yes, I had no contact with Comm Cody before he dropped out. The game start coincided with 2 extremely busy days, resulting in me going zombie for a while. I tried to initiate contact the day he subbed out, but he never responded. Then I got in contact with drxav, but he forgot to keep me informed. For most of this game I was virtually a villager, voting semi-randomly with no clue who was what.

Ah. You see, that is wrong. Because Najs committed the fatal error here. EURO is simply the one who separated the wolves from the cultists.

Yes but you wouldnt have known EURO had been turned the night before. And the JL would have been scrambling trying to figure out who/anyone had been turned. It might have given us just enough leeway to get victory, especially if we had known that HC was 4th leader.

Also Id like to know what happened once OY had outed himself. Did Euro/Davis contact HC?

Ah yes, I had no contact with Comm Cody before he dropped out. The game start coincided with 2 extremely busy days, resulting in me going zombie for a while. I tried to initiate contact the day he subbed out, but he never responded. Then I got in contact with drxav, but he forgot to keep me informed. For most of this game I was virtually a villager, voting semi-randomly with no clue who was what.

Yeah, I was trying to connect all our known cultists to Drxav, and everyone who came in afterwards through one of the various known cultists. Keep the unknowns as far away from the knowns as possible, and if we lost one of them, we know who was connected through them. This also means that when we feed information down, the unknowns don't know anything other than our cultist contact, so we give them "new" information and see what happens.

In the end most of our cultists were left out in the cold, when scans were being left undone and communication not happening.

Could future GMs state what happens to the hunter if they do kill a wolf, please. A few games ago the hunter lived and in this setup, it doesn't mention it.

aside from that, great game Johho! Thanks for hosting.

I just want to add fantastic game OY. While you never convinced me that you were'nt the infiltrator, your actions never made it clear to me you were either. Perhaps your communiques with Najs gave you away, but I wasnt aware of these. If I play werewolf again, Im gonna have all my subordinates BCC their communiques with 3rd parties to me. I think things might be different if I had been alive when you outed yourself. Knowing who the infiltrator was I would have been free to communicate with my packmates and cultists including HC regarding our possible actions, and HCs 4th leader trait might have been revealed. Also I would have guessed that Joeb was seer now.

Yeah, I was trying to connect all our known cultists to Drxav, and everyone who came in afterwards through one of the various known cultists. Keep the unknowns as far away from the knowns as possible, and if we lost one of them, we know who was connected through them. This also means that when we feed information down, the unknowns don't know anything other than our cultist contact, so we give them "new" information and see what happens.

In the end most of our cultists were left out in the cold, when scans were being left undone and communication not happening.

Yea you have to be careful with taking things too far in terms of not trusting people or the machine will just break down as info doesnt get passed along or mistranslated/misinterpreted, etc.

Could future GMs state what happens to the hunter if they do kill a wolf, please. A few games ago the hunter lived and in this setup, it doesn't mention it.

aside from that, great game Johho! Thanks for hosting.

Yea that did screw the village up a little. Too bad we couldnt build on it.

Yea you have to be careful with taking things too far in terms of not trusting people or the machine will just break down as info doesnt get passed along or mistranslated/misinterpreted, etc.

I know. But the reverse is you tell some infiltrator everything and the other guys win.

I'd rather be too careful than not careful enough. At least that way if something does go wrong, it doesn't usually involve instant death for your pack.

I just want to add fantastic game OY. While you never convinced me that you were'nt the infiltrator, your actions never made it clear to me you were either. Perhaps your communiques with Najs gave you away, but I wasnt aware of these. If I play werewolf again, Im gonna have all my subordinates BCC their communiques with 3rd parties to me. I think things might be different if I had been alive when you outed yourself. Knowing who the infiltrator was I would have been free to communicate with my packmates and cultists including HC regarding our possible actions, and HCs 4th leader trait might have been revealed. Also I would have guessed that Joeb was seer now.

Well, there were the hints, like him asking "So are you or are you not the last Rote wolf?"
I should have had him hunted for that PM alone. :(

And then rysz tried to get us in contact with people, and instead of playing it safe and testing people, they just started to give out information freely.

There was a lot of information being withheld from the right people and a lot of information being told to the wrong people.

I didn't even want to tell OY to scan joeb BECAUSE he was an unclaimed apprentice. I just wanted him to scan OY, and by his reaction I could try to see if he was genuine (because my scan told me he was an unclaimed apprentice). Too bad he tried to stall the scan, and I was pressured for time because of work and the family weekend, so after another try to get him to scan joeb without telling why, I flatout told him (because by that time I had given enough hints for him to deduce joeb's role for himself). Also joeb gave me a perfect sarcastic PM after being made apprentice, which I must say did help a lot into making me believe he was really the sorceror's apprentice.

The point of cultists is that you can use them to contact those you do not really trust. I never told OY and joeb, and the others I had contact with the wolves name, but I did tell drxav and King everything (I did notice though that those two did not include each other in their PM's to me, or it must have been bcc'ed?). Also I made sure there were means to establish further contact after my dead.

Anyway, I had a lot of fun those few days between my outing and my death, and I want to thank johho for hosting this enjoyable game :D

I didn't even want to tell OY to scan joeb BECAUSE he was an unclaimed apprentice. I just wanted him to scan OY, and by his reaction I could try to see if he was genuine (because my scan told me he was an unclaimed apprentice). Too bad he tried to stall the scan, and I was pressured for time because of work and the family weekend, so after another try to get him to scan joeb without telling why, I flatout told him (because by that time I had given enough hints for him to deduce joeb's role for himself). Also joeb gave me a perfect sarcastic PM after being made apprentice, which I must say did help a lot into making me believe he was really the sorceror's apprentice.

The point of cultists is that you can use them to contact those you do not really trust. I never told OY and joeb, and the others I had contact with the wolves name, but I did tell drxav and King everything (I did notice though that those two did not include each other in their PM's to me, or it must have been bcc'ed?). Also I made sure there were means to establish further contact after my dead.

Anyway, I had a lot of fun those few days between my outing and my death, and I want to take johho for hosting this enjoyable game :D

Why didnt you lie to him about Joebs role? We suspect he is the seer, etc?

A serious error I made was...

Let's not go down that part. We'd still be there tomorrow.

OTOH I had to remind several of "die Rote" what their own traits were and who their own cultists were so expecting them to remember other players traits might be asking too much?

Hey don't blame me, I took that train while it was already running. Nobody told me a thing and at some point Kinge even placed a hunt on my cultist. Walrus never answered ANY of my PMs, he never wrote any PMs at all anyways. And when I joined everyone was pretty upset Esemesas had told walrus all of our names. So I didn't tell my cultist about the other wolves, and I didn't tell the other wolves about Najs being a lover and protecting me every night from scans.

Unfortunately drxav ended up contacting OY himself before being outed. He should have had one of the cultists do it instead. Once he was outed he also contacted HC. At this point we were suspicious of OY because of the outing but once it was revealed snoop was a witness we were lulled into a sense of security.

I was forced to do that, no one answered my calls to contact him. I never trusted OY, and I just gave him 4 names to scan. I didn't trust HC either but if he had tol dme about his trait that would've been different.

The only reason I hunted you was Najs was convinced you were the seer.

... I frickin' told you guys EUROO was unimportant in that game. I told you I was in constant contact with him and I knew he had no special role, he wasn't even in the JL! Why are people so focused on EUROO? Give it up people, EUROO or snoop or AOK aren't special people.

AVN had constantly been working against everything I said to do. It screwed up my dealings with the wolves almost every single day. Most insubordinate man I've ever played with. And he can't keep sensitive information quiet, either. Gah! Made me so frustrated.

I told my pack my last will was that they hunt AVN should they lose. I'm sorry snoop, I should've brutalized him. I failed in the sense that I didn't know the witness was a one shot thing, so I thought I was protecting my pack.

AVN pretty much screwed things up, we could tell.

Hats off to OY for winning this almost by himself.

Hats down to zombies.