• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Gort11

Field Marshal
86 Badges
May 22, 2011
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Semper Fi
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
Has anyone put together a list of what buildings allow what buildings, and what buildings allow what units?

Also, is there a "tech tree" for spells? Do certain spells need other spells to allow you to research them, or is it just completely random? I noticed I could research the spell "healing" at the same time as the spell "lesser healing", so it can't be all that intuitive. (EG: Researching low-level spells allows you to get higher-level versions of them)

My comment was re: buildings.

My apologies. I find the tooltips excellent for those.

As for spells, its been said.... there is no fixed spell tree. So why would you need to know what spell follows what? You can only research those available in the research panel at the time you make your choice.

Point taken. Though I have to say: it would add a strategic element to have a spell tree in different elements/classes, leading to decide what to study, next. However, since that isn't going to happen...

As for spells, its been said.... there is no fixed spell tree. So why would you need to know what spell follows what? You can only research those available in the research panel at the time you make your choice.

Tooltips are unclear and does not help with building tree.

Please check tooltips and tell me what required for dracoliches?

That seems odd in a game that is based on strategical decisions on a constant basis. Should not a "Fire Shower" come before a "Fire Storm"? I don't know the different spells, but to just throw them in there randomly seems odd. It would make sense for them to follow "some" type of progression. I kind of figured it was 5 different schools in the pentagram, and they changed as you learned more.

I would like to see some kind of logical progression. To have a Super Lighting Spell that does 100 pts of damage, then to research a Shock spell that does 5 pts doesn't make a lot of sense (to me, anyway).

That seems odd in a game that is based on strategical decisions on a constant basis. Should not a "Fire Shower" come before a "Fire Storm"? I don't know the different spells, but to just throw them in there randomly seems odd. It would make sense for them to follow "some" type of progression. I kind of figured it was 5 different schools in the pentagram, and they changed as you learned more.

I would like to see some kind of logical progression. To have a Super Lighting Spell that does 100 pts of damage, then to research a Shock spell that does 5 pts doesn't make a lot of sense (to me, anyway).

Agreed. But I suspect if this were up for change, it would have happened long ago, not a week before release.

Now, I would argue it depends on your gameplay style:
the research of weaker magic takes much less time and costs less mana to cast, so it´s still a strategic choice which spell I take first: the "super lightning spell" or the "shock" one.....

Theres a button in the city screen to show all buildings possible i know its not exactly a build tree but it serves as a usable substitute.

Bingo!

Well all I can say is that once youve played through the game a couple of times you will know exactly what you want to build and when! Its part of the attraction.

Now, I would argue it depends on your gameplay style:
the research of weaker magic takes much less time and costs less mana to cast, so it´s still a strategic choice which spell I take first: the "super lightning spell" or the "shock" one.....

Bingo 2! I like to get the weaker spells first, unless I get a spell available that suits the particular strategy I need, for the units I have! :)

the show all buildings button is on the left side next to the demolish mode button right below where the slider stops for the building panels.

The magic being random is explained best when you think of the magic in Ardania as being tempestuous a mage could one day discover and master the ability to control fire and the very next day discover the manipulation of water, and on the third day he may discover a spell to help him clean tables and floors thats just how it goes for mages in Ardania.

The random spells make it so even as you expand you also need to consider what spells you have and adapt to survive meaning you shouldnt ever fall into a routine when starting this game cause atleast a third of what determines your movements is random. Dont know about you guys but even with a random tree they do seem to have it set up to show atleast a pretty balanced thing of spells at the start i always have some type of healing spell in one node and a buff spell in another and then random nodes with iether summons or damage based abilities. I think it may be random but with differant pools of abilities or atleast a base pool of abilities to have available for research on your first turn, Have never had it start out giving me high cost spells to research before getting atleast a couple low cost healing and buffs.