• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(278544)

Recruit
1 Badges
Mar 4, 2011
  • Magicka
I just found out about this game, and it is so awesome. I read some news from a while ago that Magicka was expected to come out for Xbox Live Arcade and PC. I've bought Magicka for the PC, but sadly my video card is having weird graphical issues, and the game's framerate is pretty bad at times too. So, I decided to see if it was on XBLA, with no luck, :(

So my question is: IS MAGICKA STILL EXPECTED TO COME OUT FOR XBLA, OR HAS IT BEEN CANCELED? Thanks.

The official answer is still the same, we're doing what we can to get Magicka on other platforms, but ultimately it's not up to us.

/s

Thanks for the quick reply, and I hope very much so that Magicka will branch out to XBLA. I've never been a big fan of PC gaming, as you constantly have to upgrade it to ensure the highest quality and performance, and the fact that having customizable graphics quality and such in games is frustrating for me since I struggle with perfectionism.

Before they can take it to Xbox I'm fairly sure they want to work out as many bugs as possible.
It's not a simple job to do a port. It may be made easier by using XNA but that doesn't make it easy.
Hopefully they'll be able to work this into their schedule (I'm sure it'll be a nice revenue boost if they can do it) but I wouldn't hold my breath for now.

Before they can take it to Xbox I'm fairly sure they want to work out as many bugs as possible.
It's not a simple job to do a port. It may be made easier by using XNA but that doesn't make it easy.
Hopefully they'll be able to work this into their schedule (I'm sure it'll be a nice revenue boost if they can do it) but I wouldn't hold my breath for now.
Acctually, using XNA theoretically makes porting it to Xbox a billion times easier than the normal way. I dont think porting it is a problem. Im pretty sure its Microsoft and Sony that are holding them up. Like Shams said. "...ultimately it's not up to us."