• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You going for the rest of Africa too? Might not be a bad plan all in all, not alot of Industry or LS there, but there is some resources, but it might put a bit of a strain on your Convoys!

Last edited:
You going for the rest of Africa too? Might not be a bad plan all in all, not alot of Industry or LS there, but there is some resources, but it might put a bit of a strain on your Convoys!

I have no designs on the wasteland called Africa.

Taking Africa is a defensive move, the UK would just land there and move up to the Spanish possessions if he didn't.

Indeed. better to root out the source of the scourge!

The 'Fish 'n Chips' reference, as well as mankle's statement that it's better to root out the source of the scourge, make me believe that the next target for the ever-grandioser thinking Franco is Albion (Old Blighty) itself. One can only hope he avoids a repeat of 1588...

One can only hope he avoids a repeat of 1588...

Shouldn't be difficult, as the Spanish ships of 1936 should find the weather to be less of a menace... and the naval officers would have actual training, and not just be appointed from the ranks of the upper crust.

Shouldn't be difficult, as the Spanish ships of 1936 should find the weather to be less of a menace... and the naval officers would have actual training, and not just be appointed from the ranks of the upper crust.

While the new armada would find the weather less troublesome, you can always discuss if the politically appointed naval officers are much better than being a relative of the king, but the major difference is the fish-and-chips eaters have a few more battlewagons than Franco does, not to mention carriers.

The 'Fish 'n Chips' reference, as well as mankle's statement that it's better to root out the source of the scourge, make me believe that the next target for the ever-grandioser thinking Franco is Albion (Old Blighty) itself. One can only hope he avoids a repeat of 1588...

well deduced, sir.

While the new armada would find the weather less troublesome, you can always discuss if the politically appointed naval officers are much better than being a relative of the king, but the major difference is the fish-and-chips eaters have a few more battlewagons than Franco does, not to mention carriers.

If the prospect of battle did not make one afraid, it would not be worth fighting.

sorry for not being around everyone... i'm in the process of moving, but will probably be back next week with the first chapter in the invasion of the UK!

We'll be waiting! Sounds like I can finally update Franco's to-do list:

• Buy orange juice
  • Pick up dry-cleaning
  • Paint the guest room
  • Invade England
  • World Domination

We'll be waiting! Sounds like I can finally update Franco's to-do list:

• Buy orange juice
  • Pick up dry-cleaning
  • Paint the guest room
  • Invade England
  • World Domination

Please. He has people paint the guest room and pick up the dry cleaning. But the wife insists on the finest orange juice from Valencia oranges, and therefore Franco doesn't trust anyone else to do that.

Franco couldn't find anyone to paint the guest room for him, so he's been doing that and other household chores. Getting a plumber in war-time Spain is incredibly difficult!

Franco couldn't find anyone to paint the guest room for him, so he's been doing that and other household chores. Getting a plumber in war-time Spain is incredibly difficult!

I can imagine, what with all the `workers` being on the Republican side!