• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a small comment. Is there a way that you can change the usa to start with national guard. And change all the inf reg in the units that have an NG in their title to national guard units. Thats what the are so why not have them right.

And i wish paradox would get a Conways fighting ships 1922-1946 they would find out the the enterprise is a yorktown class ship. not a lexington. The ranger my be closer to the lex class then the enterprise if its for game balance.

Have a small comment. Is there a way that you can change the usa to start with national guard. And change all the inf reg in the units that have an NG in their title to national guard units. Thats what the are so why not have them right.

And i wish paradox would get a Conways fighting ships 1922-1946 they would find out the the enterprise is a yorktown class ship. not a lexington. The ranger my be closer to the lex class then the enterprise if its for game balance.

Sure, just make sure in the mod folder, you create a history folder, and in that one you create a units folder, and then add USA_1936.txt. Copy and paste from the one in history/units for vanilla, and replace "infantry_brigade" with whatever the unit is for national guard. You should be able to find that in mod/units. Just be warned, the AI uses them like infantry and not like garrison units.

On another note, has anyone else noticed the AI doesn't build any of these, or know how to use most of them? It doesn't use convoy raiders to raid convoys, and doesn't use the quad-engine transports as transports; my AI kept trying to toss them in with Interceptors. Not really game-breaking, but a bit disappointing not to see the USSR throwing Guards at you, or your convoy raiders actually raiding convoys.

The MTBs, on the other hand, are amazing, and the AI uses them fine. They're cheap DDs that upgrade, build fast, and use less techs.

What do you guys think about this DLC ?

I will start working on a patch after the next week I think, you can tell me what is missing, what is unbalanced and what is not working and I'll consider it. :)

I like your work very much. But it would be really wonderful, if the statistics are displayed properly. Maybe you can help stimulate Paradox to install a horizontal scroll function and to display the charts on different pages.

I like your work very much. But it would be really wonderful, if the statistics are displayed properly. Maybe you can help stimulate Paradox to install a horizontal scroll function and to display the charts on different pages.

Sadly I have no control on that. I hope they will do something too since any mod with new units will be crippled with that statistic bug.

Okay so, here's the changelog of the patch. Do you miss something ?

################################
#### COMMON WEAPONS OF WWII ####
#### PATCH 1.01 CHANGELOG ####
################################
By DiDay for Paradox Interactive

- Added unit upgrade feature for most of the new units
- Added names for SS divisions and deleted them from the regular units division names
- Added several division names for Germany
- Added several division names for Soviet Union
- Added several division names for United Kingdom
- Added several division names for USA

- Transport ship engine tech now decreases the speed by 0.33 instead of 1

I will wait about a week before sending it to Paradox in order to test it before release and to wait for more report. :)

Okay few days passed, the week end is almost over :

What do you guys think about this DLC ?

I will start working on a patch after the next week I think, you can tell me what is missing, what is unbalanced and what is not working and I'll consider it. :)

The mod works just fine, thanks again.

Just two remarks though I don't think you can do anything about them.

a) In the division production screen, if you create a ARM/ARM/SS-MOT, SS_Grenadier icon is used to represent the division. I think it should use the ARM icon since it is a tank division afteral. Problem goes away if one uses SS-ARM instead.

b) Once SS-ARM is researched, in the division production screen not all brigades are shown since there is no vertical scroll. Not a big problem since rearranging (by name for example) will reveal them and hide others, but still annoying.

c) The installer for Gamersgate, for some reason, creates an extra HoI dir when installing. For example, if HoI is installed in c:\games\HoI3-SF, the installer, after you point at that directory, installs at c:\games\HoI3-SF\HoI3\mods (or was it c:\games\HoI3-SF\mods\HoI3 ? I am not at home and only installed once). Again, don't know if you can fix that - and it's no real problem if you watch the screen and fix the install path - but it might answer why there are so many posts about the launcher not finding the mod after installation.

I just fixed the interface in order to add vertical scroll. :)

About the two other issues you reported I can't do much.

The upgrading system will be the main object of the patch. :)

I won't make the units downgradable though (as you said this is not the scope of the DLC).

I also will work a little on the history files for SS and Guards division (in order to have german and russian division's names)

When a mod or a DLC adds/remove techs or units, savegames become not compatible. I am sorry for your campaign. You can play two campaings though, one with the DLC and continue the one without. :)

I started a new COW game, saved it so a saved game folder is created in the MOD folder(thanks GARMORN) then copyed my old save file to there, Loaded COW and my old save game was there, everything seemed to work fine, I reserched some of the new techs and created some of the new units (mot arty, mot anti tank) and entered them in combat. Everything worked fine. Is there something going on compatability wise behind the scene that im not aware of? BTW thanks for all the work you've put in.

I will wait about a week before sending it to Paradox in order to test it before release and to wait for more report. :)

Hi, DD.

I've just purchased your DLC. Only 2 small suggestion:

- Symbols/Icons more "vanilla style" - at least all using same vanilla colour - SS are ok as they are.

- Some changes to scripts/decissions in order to get AI using these units too.

hi

from your changelog, Im wondering about vanilla units. I think it is reasonable that vanillas like AT-artillery, and normal artillery, can be upgraded to its motorized versions. just to mention some, I think there are other cross-upgrades that should be possible as well. anothing thing I think of is the brigade model, your models are grey-green, it would be nice if the other vanilla support units got the same colour. Also, shouldnt SS armour be upgradeable to heavy armour ? then, preferably SS heavy armour :D

so far all I can think of, am kind of stuck... :)

ahhhh mordred.... how could you.... blasphemy..... it should be more greengreyish colour on the vanilla support units too !! :D

ahhhh mordred.... how could you.... blasphemy..... it should be more greengreyish colour on the vanilla support units too !! :D

I don't really care the final colour, I only want uniformity ;)

I had to fix the I.C.E mod bug where the starting ships don't have any armour/armor upgrades. It took a while to work out why it was happening, but all the country's ships now have the correct starting armour when using the fixed files I have.
I'm still too poor to get a copy of this game for my computer at home (I am a Uni student and always at my brother place playing this game), but I made a copy of his game folder, worked the bugs out and fixed the problem.
It was a major gameplay problem (only in the mod), because nations were losing their starting fleets too easily and trying to replace them instead of building other stuff.
I should have my own HOI3 very soon and I'll upload the repaired files (about 7-8 files) to the ICE sub forum if somebody has not already.

why would anyone use the National Guard units?

It has a couple problems. Ideally they should be used as an upgraded garrison. It's biggest benefit is that it uses the same techline as normal infantry so you dont have to waste research on the garrison line. Its base IC cost and officer cost are only slightly higher than normal garrisons. But there are 2 problems with this unit: the build time is far to long, 2.5x that of normal garrisons (and double that of normal infantry too), making the only slightly increased base price tag a whole lot more. Second, it has no suppression values- which doesn't quite make sense since the national guard tends to be called up in cases of emergencies to assist the population and keep them calm. If its build time was reduced to just slightly longer than normal garrisons and it was given a suppression value, I'd use them over normal garrisons everytime because of the huge research savings. Looking at it im almost convinced the buildtime is a typo, it simply cant be right that the national guard is costing more than twice that of a normal infantry unit in terms of total IC. Hopefully Devildread will take a look at this for his next patch.

However, even right now NG are better than normal infantry when on the defense, and use half the supplies/officers of normal infantry, which might be useful as leadership strapped nations that spend a lot of time on the defensive like say France or the USSR. It would also be really cool if the national guard forces of the US were represented in the starting GC scenario- this shouldnt be that hard to research compared to all the crazy deployments that happen in later scenarios and give the US a much needed boost to starting divisions.

The bigger question is why would a german player use normal infantry when he can build SS Infantry, given that they have higher starting morale and the axis land doctrine boosts it even further. The SS infantry now have double the morale of normal infantry in my game and its only 1939. It's going to be hard for anyone to stand against germany when their infantry regains org twice as fast as everyone else.

You might want to make it so the AI activates the decisions allowing them to research their unique units, currently they cannot do this (currently the potential is set to AI = no) and the player gains a pretty big advantage.

Downloaded from gamersgate, running SF 2.03 on win 7, no mod dropdown, Its not showing up any ideas what to do
Are you running the hoi3.exe or hoi3game.exe.

Hoi3.exe is the launcher and should have the check for updates button, mod dropdown,etc.
Hoi3game.exe bypasses that and goes directly to the game.

why doesn't light tank gun benefit tank destroyers?
Because historically they didn't? (and this is a vanilla issue).

Historically Tank Destroyers used a heavy gun on a light (mostly) unarmored chassis, with or without a turret.

Status
Not open for further replies.