• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
does this mod change the culture of santiago and compostela to galician? i think its a little absurd that they start in the castillian culture group, since the "spanification"/"castillianization" of galicia began very late in the game's time period. i think the abolishment/suppression of the galician "foros", the representative institutions of the higher social classes, began with isabel/fernando in the late 15th century

No it doesn't.

There is only a limited amount of culture-tags. Using one of them for a culture that is just 2 provinces is a bit of a waste.

ok just wondered because of the basques getting accurately represented, as well as the catalans.

edit: changing the "portuguese" culture tag to galician-portuguese would be a solution though. at that time, galician and portuguese language were extremely similar if not the same. the term "gallego-portugués" is the proper cientific denomination. the two languages became more different once the portuguese expanded to south, adapting their language to local accents, though thats somewhat complicated...

Last edited:
Don't worry, CK2 will allow you to add a practically unlimited amount of cultures. :p

On the stat part rather than deleting it altogether I'd recommend just making this a condition:
Code:
condition = { not value = { type = ruler_child } }
condition = { not value = { type = trait value = fosterling } }

..hmmm. Looked in the file, but wonder how i should do this before you put out another version. Do i have to delete all other conditions ?

Sorry, i'm not really into the modding stuff. :wacko:
Just ignore this post if the new version comes out soon..
Thanks for all the goood work.

Edit: Sorry. Its damn simple. Instead i deleted it all.

Last edited:
Still having the 'Unhandled Exception Detected
Address 0x00446D46' problem when loading the 1204 scenario, have downloaded the latest version and it still doesn't seem to be fixed?

I will freely admit I am a latecomer to this great game, what with CK2 about to come out. But I am enjoying it, and your mod, very much.

I would however like to make one modification: Split the huge, clunky, and nearly impossible to make Kingdom of Rus' into two. The Kingdom of Kievan Rus' and Grand Principality of Novgorod. Both had great prominence in that time, and to an extent different spheres of influence. And the title for ruling all of Rus' was Velikiy Knyaz'(Grand Prince) of Kiev and Novgorod. The veritable 'Upper and Lower Nile' of Eastern Steppe.

It would be great to get this change into the More Kingdoms Mod of the DVIP, but I realize from the previous page that you might be busy with real life stuff, so I would at least like some advice on how I can mod it in.

I figured out grabing an unused tag like U13 from world_names.csv and modifying all the tags in db\province.csv to reflect the right kingdom. I even found some great CoAs to use for the two separate kingdoms.

But I get the feeling that I am missing something. Where do you set what the leader is called, like King of, or Velikiy Knyaz of or Grand Prince of, etc...?

Is this the right place to post such a question?

EDIT: Seems to be working. Named the northern part Kingdom of Velikiy Novgorod. Added Moldova, parts of Lithuania (that start Orthodox), and 3 more provinces to Kievan Rus'. All lands that Kiev either held in 1066, or had its eye on, or at least was looking to get back. Will post a map when I can.

So does anyone know which file I change the Titles in? So that it is 'Grand Principality of' instead of 'Kingdom of'?

Last edited:
So does anyone know which file I change the Titles in? So that it is 'Grand Principality of' instead of 'Kingdom of'?

This is not possible, unless you want every kingdom to be known as the 'Grand Principality of .....'.

Hi guys,

I've followed the install instructions to the letter, including the BOPACK, but when trying to start a game I get a critical error regarding a database mismatch.

Any ideas?

Hi guys,

I've followed the install instructions to the letter, including the BOPACK, but when trying to start a game I get a critical error regarding a database mismatch.

Any ideas?

Try it first without BOPACK to see if that works.

It comes up with the 'Database Mismatch' box, click Ignore and it comes up again, Retry comes up again and then you get:

Fatal Error!
*** Unhandled Exception Detected!
Address: 0x771322A1

Please report! (more information in log file)

But there's no log file to be found.

Last edited:
I have a question about assassination.
I know that assassination is quite a bit hard in DVIP than in vanilla. Is there an easy way to calculate at least the rough chance of an assassination succeeding and not being discovered, or are there too many random variables and hidden factors for that? What's the best way to figure out if an assassination is even worth attempting in DVIP?

I have a question about assassination.
I know that assassination is quite a bit hard in DVIP than in vanilla. Is there an easy way to calculate at least the rough chance of an assassination succeeding and not being discovered, or are there too many random variables and hidden factors for that? What's the best way to figure out if an assassination is even worth attempting in DVIP?

There are two checks. One if the assasination has succeeded and a second if it´s discovered. So you always risk to be discovered even if you are successfull.
I don´t know the exact mechanics but in my own games I tend to try assasinations only if the intrigue of my ruler+Spymaster are higher than my enemys ruler+spymaster. As it´s harder to kill a titleholder than a regular courtier I tend to assasinate the spymaster before the ruler and to assasinate untitled heirs before the ruler to clean the way to my own dynasties inheritance.

Ive sinstalled DVIP plus BOPACk and mappa regonum plus the DVIP events for mappa regonrum. was wondering if there is problem with it as Im palying fine havnet seen any packs but any on you guys tried this mod combo?

Hello everyone....really enjoying this mod! OK, I have DVIP and DVIP addon installed, also latest beta patch, and some graphics modifictions...I'm at about 1150, and I have noticed for maybe about 50 years in game that my piety tooltip tells me I'm getting +x.x piety a month (lets say +0.7), but my actual piety is going down....this happens when crusades are NOT happening (of course, when the crusades happen, I do typically take a hit until I liberate <insert holy city>)....I usually get events that hlep bolster my piety, or I create/reasign bishoprics, but it does bug me to see a different result from what the tooltip says...any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

Ok i was playing a game and i made it in for a few years then it crashed.. and i get this...error here.

Code:
######## EXCEPTION: 0xC0000005 at address: 0x0057DFFA: ACCESS VIOLATION  read attempt to address 0x00000154 
01/12/12 00:43:56

I can't figure out what this means at all.. can some one help.. It seems to also happen with mappa Regnorum too. I will try my vanilla CK and see if it happens with it too.. if it dose i will try and reinstall everything.. but just want too know what this means... In MR and not DVIP it sometimes crashes trying to look in the ledger and seems to be random like sometimes it works sometimes it don't?:unsure:

That is caused by something in the vanilla game.

Nobody but the developers might know what does codes mean.