• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

the_hdk

Grand Master
87 Badges
Dec 6, 2003
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Rome Gold
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
So what do you guys think?

IMHO it's horrible. Some horse sprites are missing. the sound is all frecked up. the fighting system is worse than vanilla!
no single player. no zoom.

just like with the last expansion this is bad. very bad. there are simple mods that are better and im not even comparing this to Brytenwalda or Pendor.

for me it's strike 2.

I haven't been able to play it yet (steam is out of serial keys...), but the few comments here were all (at least all i've seen) positive and on the Taleworlds forum most reactions are positive as well :s

EDIT: here is a topic about sound issues (and possible ways to solve them): http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,225645.0.html

I've read a bit more on the Taleworld forums and it seems that about the combat system the community is split into those who dislike it and those who prefare it over the vanilla combat system (and at least from what i've seen, those who likes the changes are in the mayority)

Last edited:
The missing horse sprite problem could be something with your game.

As I don't have it myself nor have I heard about it until you mentioned it.

As for the sound, no problem for me there.

The fighting system in NW is by far (IMO) better then that of the mod this DLC is based upon. (No more jump-crouch-spin-stab with the bayonet. - Praise the lord!)

No SP in a MP-dlc ... Yeah, well ... why did you buy it then?

I agree that the latest "expansion" (You mean WFAS, right?) wasn't that good. In SP anyway. The MP part of WFAS is really fun IMHO! (A bit unbalanced maybe.)

I think it's great. I had a lot of fun with it in the last few days. It's much more polished than WFaS (multiplayer), has many more features (movable artillery, destructible buildings and forts, buffs from colour bearers and musicians...) and it's simply fun to play. I like it and in my opinion it's worth the 10 bucks. :D

I think it's great so far, and excuse me while I take the easy way out and respond to your points one by one
Some horse sprites are missing
Have yet to notice this myself, but report it to the devs, they should be able to fix it

the sound is all frecked up
Assuming you have the same problem I had, literally touching anything in the sound options of the launcher fixed it for me

the fighting system is worse than vanilla
I personally like it, but that might just be because I'm bad at the dancing combat of vanilla

no single player
I really don't hope you mean this, since the announcement was "Mount & Blade Warband: Napoleonic Wars Multiplayer DLC Announced!". Notice the part where it says "Multiplayer"

I like this change, since it adds more value to the officer roles with their binoculars.

Damn, emu'd ;_;

I think it's great. In my opinion is much more complete than Warband multiplayer, with more options in siege for example (destroy walls with artillery or explosive crates, destroy the door, use ladders, build bridges or trenches, etc.)

I like the new melee system, and the fact that there's no zoom. I still don't understand all the mechanics, like officer's binoculars, how can you get building points and other stuff, but in general is much better and bigger than M&M.

I've had it since Friday and I think I've had a good time with it so far. It's rather buggy, but that's to be expected with Mount and Blade multiplayer. However, all of the problems I've experienced so far have either been minor to the point of being ignored or easily fixable with some fiddling in the options menu.

The ranged combat system is fun and accurate, especially in the commander battle game mode. The melee combat is okay, but I still haven't gotten the hang of it at all.

The only gameplay quirk I've noticed is that some cavalry and infantry units are simply useless in comparison to other options, with lancers and Russian partisans/line militia being the most egregious.

It's buggy but it was also a mod (Mount and Musket). It's very fun and brings me back to the days of a half life 2 mod called Battlegrounds 2.0. I'm sure since this is now official (even though its a dlc) they will patch it up good. Mount and Musket was great this improves a little bit. I expected more I feel like Mount and Blade Multiplayer needs more incentive at times. Commander battles are fun and destructibility was not in the mod. It's great at 10 bucks it will hold me until Mount and Bald 2 when hopefully we get a good single player experience.

Up until now i have had a lot of fun with this game, fantastic and with only minor bugs that don't take any of the fun away, i play with graphics in ultra and have no lag at all, to me it is one of the best DLCs i have ever played.

I haven't found no problems with sound and the only thing was a missing officer uniform that was a known bug, and as for the zoom, how do you explain zoom in a weapon that as no scope, it could be called a miracle key ?????

Guys, get the game, the 200 player battles or sieges are just epic, pure fun, and the drumers playing beside you, just fantastic...

I have not had alot of time with, but here are some thoughts.

1. Love the theme and the ambiance.

2. I dont get aiming yet. This is most likely just lack of practice, but I just dont have a good feel for bullet drop (if any?) and the spread of shots. I had this worked out for fire and sword though. Being artillery is an even bigger mistery atm (as far as aiming), and becouse of the extremly low fire rate its hard to adjust and learn.

3. The little things: These are awsome, the playing together option on the musicians and the cav guy that signals the charge are very immersive. Being a specalist is a fun diversion (or a job for the more serious players).

4. My 8 year old (and she is a girl), bugged me into playing (she is a big fan of warband and this is new to her). We tried a few things and ended up being artillery, I provided the wagon and the gun and she stuffed the powder while we took turns firing. This proved to be a fantastic co-op role, and I´m pretty sure I could get the rest of the family to try 2 gun wagons, 1 officer and one ramrod guy for some epic family fun. If only I could make more sense of the aim and get better at it.

5. Meele, I have the timing down to take down someone with a bayonet if they dont see me coming, I am confused at best when it comes to being up close and blocking each other in a fight (no real tactics developed).

I dont regret getting the game, but so far all I am really good at is slashing people down as cavalry (providing they dont see me comming and gun me down).

Can someone elaborate on the new fighting? I like Warband, not much fan of multiplayer and I would like to read up more about the game before buying it.

Can someone elaborate on the new fighting? I like Warband, not much fan of multiplayer and I would like to read up more about the game before buying it.

If you are not a fan of multyplayer you maybe don't want this DLC, since it basically multiplayer only. Close combat in this game is basically as if you would be fighting spearman most of the time, since the bayonets work in game as spears (with increadible damage, mostly you are one-'shotted' by a bayonet hit).
I can't really compare it to warband, since i haven't played it for a very long time (the only thing i've really noticed that swords have rather low damage output - i've once had a fight with a sword (beeing a canoneer - it might hae been because they are not meant to fight at all, but still) against a guy with a bayonet, i hit him 4 times and he as still alive, than he hit me once... (i know that the class i played probably have low skills for close combat, but come one 4 times))...

But a lot of the figthing is ranged combat eitherway (at least when playing commander battles (every player commands a squad of lets say 20 bots and gives them orders), which are IMHO the most fun gameode (when i first played i went for some conquests and sieges and TBH they were really fun, but rarely get that 'Napoleonic feeling' - i'm still liking them and playing from time to time, but mostly i search for commander battles)) - though the shooting from any distance is qute luck based, since they quite good simulate the innacuracy of thoes guns.

What i really liked even on 'random' servers that people play the support classes (musicians (providing bonuses when they play near allies - if thoses bonuses are turned on server side (i've seen quite a few servers which had them disabled)) and sappers (building cover for the infantry guys and stuff to provide some protection against cavalry)), there were some memerable moments when for example gathering near a breached wall, about 20 of us still shooting to clear some of the defenders before going up and two drummers always beeing near us in the line of fire for the defenders to provide us with faster reload and when we charged the wall a guy with a flag running in the first line to give us a close combat bonus :)

Overall i would say this DLC is great - a lot of awesome gamemodes (conquests, sieges and commander battles beeing my favourites), destructibe buildings (even the bigger forts in sieges will fall if the arty concentrates on one wall), a lot of playable 'classes' with distinctive roles on the battlefield (infantry, artillerists, rocket artilerrists, sappers, cavalry, commanders, flag bearers, musicians), a lot of realistic looking uniforms (providing great immersion)...
Though if you don't want to play (or don't enjoy) multiplayer its not really for you...
:D

I love it so much I joined a regiment. Nuff' said. Also there is a patch hopefully coming this weekend with ALOT of fixes and features that should improve the game by alot. We shall see soon enough.

I think it's alot better than the original mod - the textures especially. And destructible environments, that's a M&B first!

I simply love it. I have found no bugs, everything worked as intended and being critical because the MP only DLC is MP only smells of trolling.

And if you want to know how much I love it, I was on a cycling trip today. I had a bright red cycling shirt and kept whistling the grenadier march most of the time. I really should stop playing for some time...

lol. well TBH after the last patch I like the DLC alot more :).

anyone interested to play MP together, join our clan on TS from around 19:00 today. ;)
Crap, I have Avengers in 19:30 :(