• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
There is no Scenario editor like Jane's Fleet Command, my dear development team would you release something like that or would you please telling me how to mod this game?

Thanks!

Hello.

I'm new here, so I dunno if it ok to post this but here goes.

Well like the makers said this game would be easy mod.

Two quick changes I've done.

Helo speed change 300kph to 1550 and 3 stingray torpedo to 5, did this in about 30 seconds.

Here is how.

C:program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\naval war arctic circle\BattleSets\NWAC\

Open Helicopter.nwunits with notepad.

Look for nh90.
Look for MaxSpeedKph 300 change to whatever.
Look for stingraytorpedo.
Look for MaxAmmunition 3 change to whatever, and save the file load the first tutorials.

To mod the ships open this file SurfaceShip.nwunits.
To mod the subs open this file Submarine.nwunits.
To mod the airplanes open this file FixedwingAircraft.nwunits, and so on I'm not going to point out them all because there's no point, just oepn each file once at a time look and change save test simple.

It look like the mission could be modded in the same way too.

All most forgot the game seem quite good too, if the makers add a mission editor that would make the game super-cool.

Last edited:
It hadn't even occurred to me that it doesn't have one, because it doesn't need one. Scenarios aren't that long. But don't let me get in the way of your drama.
Geez, start a lot of flame wars do ya? My opinion and/or observations didn't pass your ******* inspection? There wasn't drama (before your snide ass comment), I only, just made a simple statement. There ARE people like me that: 1) have lives 2) have jobs 3) have a wife and kids and 4) can't always sit for 20-30 minutes at a time. This is the first time I've even been on this forum in months---because of, well, see above. Sometimes people don't want to pause a computer game for hours on end to take care of life. OR have other people that need to use it. Or....
Jesus.

Dude I finish a mission in 20 mins and no save is a great way to make sure you actually have to beat the game and not just load every time you mess up. Im happy they didnt add it.

That's an incredibly moronic sentiment. If you don't like saving, don't use it. Don't let that stop the rest of us from enjoying the game our way.

Liking it thus far.

Wondering about the fidelity of air combat. For example, do your missiles have greater range if your aircraft are launching from higher altitudes etc?

Also my planes seem to go bingo fuel extremely fast once they are in visual range combat. I've never actually flown a F-35 so I don't know what their Mil/AB fuel consumption is, but I imagine it's a bit longer than modelled in game, no?

Anyway, very enjoyable thus far.

Hello.

I'm new here, so I dunno if it ok to post this but here goes.

Well like the makers said this game would be easy mod.

Two quick changes I've done.

Helo speed change 300kph to 1550 and 3 stingray torpedo to 5, did this in about 30 seconds.

Here is how.

C:program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\naval war arctic circle\BattleSets\NWAC\

Open Helicopter.nwunits with notepad.

Look for nh90.
Look for MaxSpeedKph 300 change to whatever.
Look for stingraytorpedo.
Look for MaxAmmunition 3 change to whatever, and save the file load the first tutorials.

To mod the ships open this file SurfaceShip.nwunits.
To mod the subs open this file Submarine.nwunits.
To mod the airplanes open this file FixedwingAircraft.nwunits, and so on I'm not going to point out them all because there's no point, just oepn each file once at a time look and change save test simple.

It look like the mission could be modded in the same way too.

All most forgot the game seem quite good too, if the makers add a mission editor that would make the game super-cool.

Wow! Great to see this! Really opens up the possibilities of this game, and moddability. Of course we need that mission editor too.

Really liking the game so far after just doing the tutorials and the first NATO mission. Lately when I buy Paradox games sight unseen I'm always worried they'll be buggy messes. Fortunately this one doesn't seem to be more of that.

But yeah, they really need a save game feature. Make a hardcore super awesome mode for people who like it rough, but many of us sometimes need to save and go do other things.

Okay! As I can't come up with a downside to having a save feature, I'll say... good suggestion!

Hopefully we can keep the flamin' to a minimum here. Personally, though, I don't think the current lack-of-save is a reason to not buy it and lump it in with SotS2 like the one guy did. But yes, it would be nice. So, drop it in the suggestion box and we'll see what happens.

I am part of the crowd that would like saving in-mission. This game greatly interests me, though I can't buy it now because I just bought Crusader Kings II. Hearing that you can't save in a mission, now I am not so sure about getting it. I have heard the debate on save/load a million times so I'll just summarize what always comes up and my view:

"It makes sure you don't abuse quickload to cover mistakes"
In an action game it can smooth out cheap surprises that kill you quickly, but in strategy games it can be very useful for trying different things and seeing how they result. That sort of thing helps you learn and become better strategist so you can get to more enjoyable high-level play more quickly.

"It's not fair because some people get achievements without using it"
You can easily program an achievement to not pop unless you beat it without reloading.

"But if it's there I want to use it, yet I get more satisfaction without using it"
Either you can practice self control, or we could have in-mission saving/loading disabled on a special difficulty setting, like the way there are "hardcore" modes in some RPGs where you can't come back from death. This is not difficult to program.

"This missions aren't that long"
That depends on how you personally play, and different people have different life situations that allow them longer or shorter play sessions.

There are practical things to consider such as the game crashing in the middle of a mission, maybe even toward the end of a difficult mission. There is also the principle of the matter, where you can stop and go as you please with any other media you purchase, but not always in games. I personally find that silly. Why should games force the way you enjoy them when no other media does?

Anyway, as I said, this game greatly interests me but the lack of in-mission save greatly hurts that interest.

No in-mission save is a huge inconvenience for me, be the missions long or short.

Besides, the steam launcher doesn't work anymore in offline mode, and hasn't worked for some months; as a consequence, I must be online to play the game.

I can`t agree with "we want saves" crowd, sorry. Missions are reasonably short and it should not a big problem to play the whole mission. Lack of saves makes gameplay more tense and interesting - there were situations where I would reload if I could but I was forced to deal with consequences of bad decisions... and it is fun!

I had not crashes yet by the way.

I can`t agree with "we want saves" crowd, sorry. Missions are reasonably short and it should not a big problem to play the whole mission.

Well, I had the opinion, that the missions last longer than 20 minutes. But when they are easy walk-throughs I`m not interested either. I like my games to be long / immersive / deep, so I have to make a pause and can start my savegame the next day.

Last edited: