• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I woulod have to agree with my esteemed friend, Galante. What a sham this is.

Carlos Andonie

de Caviezel
NO to Honours Act
Imperial Army Diversity Act: NO!

Which character are you playing again? I forget and your signature doesn't say.

Plans were already in motion between myself and the Emperor to split up forces to a degree should I be reelected. Those plans will be enacted if I am reelected. However I cannot bind the Empire to a rigid and inflexible scheme that will force us to rob our ministries of talented civilian leaders to fill the ranks of the military officer corps, less we have to put completely un-vetted individuals in high ranking military positions. If you really want to make this a reality, you would have to re-propose and vote for something like my old proposed Leadership Act, which would have allowed ministers to command troops. But as of now, the Constitution states that ministries unrelated to security cannot command troops, that civilian and military power cannot be combined so. And perhaps for good reason, perhaps not; things are not clear cut.

What I do know is that it would be unacceptable to me to lose our few, hard-earned ministers to the splitting up of our forces into needlessly small and weak formations.

So if you are really worried about civilian power, then propose and vote on something akin to the Leadership Act, allowing ministers to hold their civilian ministries and command troops. Until then, voting on this would do exactly what you say you detest about the current arrangement, make the Ministries a training ground for the military. If this Diversification Act is passed it will only reinforce that civilian positions are just a mid-way stop to military positions; because this Act does not provide for civilian ministers being able to command troops, which you perhaps seem to think it does. Otherwise, with your support of more civilian power, you would be opposed to this Diversification Act.

The bottom line is, if this act passes I'll be forced to take our best civilian ministers and remove them from their positions to make them generals; because we have a shortage of reliable men. And you have just stated that you detest the notion of civilian ministers by necessity having to go on to become military officers as part of their career progression; but that would become a permanent part of our government if this Diversification Act passes.

"I suppose you are right. I trust you will take care of it, as I see you the most competent Prime Minister of the candidates."

- Romano

What demographic data did you have in mind?

Prime Minister:
Disraeli: 17
De Caviezel: 5
Abstain: 17

Imperial Honors Act:
Yes: 25
No: 1
Abstain: 15

Imperial Army Diversity Act:
Yes: 10
No: 18
Abstain: 15

Many abstains. Good, the militancy will start obstructing this tyrannt's government until they can no longer do anything without the people's consent.

((Those're actually all mine, with the exception of the other two for PM. I get 15 votes from my brigades. Infact, I don't think we even have enough people to have that many abstentions to count along with the other votes.))

With my old age and my health deteriotating, it seems I have no choice but to concede the election to Mr. Disraeli, whom I'm (privately) impressed by his record and experience. However before I go, I need to request to him the following . . .

-Either me or my son, Liandro, get a cabinet post in the new government.
-The Chilean Empire have some plan on conquering the rest of the Cuyo, as well as a plan to aquire colonies into Africa and Asia(as well as evicting the Spanish and Dutch out of the East Indies).
-The Imperial Army should be reformed
-The Imperial Navy should be modernised and expanded

Let's form a unity government that will rule this Glorious Empire for the next 5 years.

-Emilio Hernandez de Caviezel (age 67)

((I'll come up with Liandro de Caviezel's profile shortly))

"Caviezel, your second point, though admirable, does not entirely seem possible. In particular, I cannot see ourselves conquering Spanish and Dutch colonies without being embroiled in a major war. And also, does you proposed unity government include everyone from all sides? Because if there are no agitators in that government, then it does not represent the unity of Chile, but rather its divisions."

Anselmo Galante

"My dear Prime Minister, Disraeli. I'd very much like to hear your view on the Imperial Army Diversity Act. As for myself i support such an act, because it divides military power among the government, thereby securing the Empire and his Imperial Majesty, from a potential coup which could in theory be lead by one man who has the greatest amount of troops. I vote for this act to help secure the Empire and it's Majesty's safety. We are all supporters on the Empire in this government, and this is why I believe we should also have divided power among us, which will as i mentioned earlier make sure that one man who is in the guise of a supporter with a great army cannot overthrow his Majesty Emperor Cesar I."

- Romano, Head of the Imperial Treasury

From the Quartermaster's Office's viewpoint, if our army commands are split up we will not have to supply a large army along a single road/rail, and in the unlikely event that one of our armies would be overcome by our enemies, we would still retain sufficient reserves.

What demographic data did you have in mind?

((
Demographic data requested:
Major Imports/Exports/Industries - Top 3's
Population Ethnicity (National/Non-National/Native percentages)
Labour Allocation (Urban Population/Soldiers/Rural Population)
Major Issues (numbers not required, but first 2 issues would be nice - and is the populace anywhere near as Jingoistic as most of the politicians seem to be)

Also Great Power interest - do any Great Powers care about our declaration of Empire?
))

((
Demographic data requested:
Major Imports/Exports/Industries - Top 3's
Population Ethnicity (National/Non-National/Native percentages)
Labour Allocation (Urban Population/Soldiers/Rural Population)
Major Issues (numbers not required, but first 2 issues would be nice - and is the populace anywhere near as Jingoistic as most of the politicians seem to be)

Also Great Power interest - do any Great Powers care about our declaration of Empire?
))

((That just gave me an idea for another really wacky interactive AAR... heh...))

Without looking at the game (I don't have my Vic2 machine in front of you, so I'll get back to you with more detail later), I can tell you that our only factory is still that glass factory, though it's doing quite well.

We have 30 brigades' worth of soldiers, so about 90,000.

And we're no one's sphereling. None of the great powers have even cordial relationships with us, last I checked. I don't know what other in-game interpretation of "great power interest" there might be.

With my old age and my health deteriotating, it seems I have no choice but to concede the election to Mr. Disraeli, whom I'm (privately) impressed by his record and experience. However before I go, I need to request to him the following . . .

-Either me or my son, Liandro, get a cabinet post in the new government.
-The Chilean Empire have some plan on conquering the rest of the Cuyo, as well as a plan to aquire colonies into Africa and Asia(as well as evicting the Spanish and Dutch out of the East Indies).
-The Imperial Army should be reformed
-The Imperial Navy should be modernised and expanded

Let's form a unity government that will rule this Glorious Empire for the next 5 years.

-Emilio Hernandez de Caviezel (age 67)

((I'll come up with Liandro de Caviezel's profile shortly))

My honorable opponent, I have already been planning to do as many of those as I possibly can; but I cannot form a unity government because I am against introducing a Deputy Prime Minister into the system - which currently has rather independent ministries with the Emperor acting as a balance against Prime Ministerial centralization of power - and against one monolithic faction taking over the imperial Court.

You all might as well know/rehear these plans
- As in my platform the imperial armada is a high priority for the next five years, and as per our discussions of the Diversification Act I am planning on splitting our armies to a degree (more on that later).
- The Emperor always has a war up his sleeve every five year term. He's a very expansionist fellow and I'm supporting action in Bolivia to clean up that loose end before further action with Argentina. Similarly, we can consider colonies after we build our navy, which we should begin this five year term.
- Finally, I've had you in my cabinet plans from the start, even before and after you declared the presidency.

So, as you've no doubt noticed, Emilio Hernandez de Caviezel has conceded the election to Antonio Disraeli, who will retain his position as Prime Minister of the Empire. Rogov, I need your appointments and specific goals. I'll issue an update some time thereafter.

You can continue voting on the Imperial Honors Act and the Imperial Army Diversity Act, though I believe nearly everyone who can vote has voted.

I have received the following appointments from Prime Minister Disraeli:
Head of State: Cesar I, Emperor of the Andes (Red Cesar)
Head of Government: Prime Minister Antonio Disraeli (Rogov)

The Army of the South, commanded by Grand Imperial Marshal Sebastian Carrow (Seek75)
- Maintaining his current forces.

The Army of the North, commanded by Imperial Marshal Prince Sebastian Roseno (King50000)
- Half of the previous Army of the North under General Carrera

The Army of Patagonia, commanded by Governor-General Alejandro Cortez (Zzzzz)
- The other half of the previous Army of the North

The Imperial Armada, commanded by Admiral Jose de Vallenare (Komisha)
- The maximum number of ships we are able to reasonably construct.

The Ministry of Security, directed by Commissioner Augusto Weismuller (yourworstnightmare)
- 1 Brigade

The Imperial Guard, to be commanded by the Emperor's Life-Guard once he appoints one.
- 1 Brigade once it is constructed

The Imperial Treasury, directed by Minister Eduardo Emilio Romano (Pallen)

The Ministry of War, directed by Minister Witold Tamiuszki (Tamius)

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs, directed by Minister Emilio Hernandez de Caviezel (HoI2Geek)

I also request Emperor Cesar I to please select a Life-Guard, to serve as his personal bodyguard and commander of the Imperial Guard.

Priorities for the next five years (in order of descending importance) -
1. A war to annex a small portion of Bolivia.
2. The construction of the Imperial Armada.
3. The expansion of the railroad.
4. The construction of factories and promotion of clerks, capitalists, and other necessities for more industry.
5. The continued expansion of the military. Brigades are to be divided as easily as possible among the three Armies for now.

Reiteration of party policies -
Interventionist economics
Protectionist trade
Moralism
Residency
and Jingoism

I won't let you down, Mr. Disraeli. As Minister of Foreign Affairs, I will glorify Chile on a global scale "by reason or by force".

-Emilio Hernandez de Caviezel

The 1861 Prime Ministerial Appointment​

In 1861 Prime Ministerial Appointment, it was clear that the time had come for a change in the Imperial government. There was significant grumbling in the Imperial court regarding the centralization of power to the Sebastians - Carrow and Roseno - who now controlled the majority of power within the country. Their word, complained the court, was very nearly that of the Emperor himself, and even if these generals were the Emperor's own trusted friend and son respectively, such a centralization could become very dangerous in the future. To that end, while the Emperor considered a possible change in government, the court put two military reform bills before him: the Imperial Honors Act and the Imperial Army Diversity Act.

The Imperial Honors Act, a law establishing several new orders and awards for gallantry and for other purposes, faced virtually no opposition in the Imperial Court, with the Emperor's advisors generally acknowledging that additional Imperial honors ought to exist, and the lesser Roseno giving the bill his enthusiastic support. The Imperial Army Diversity Act, however, faced significant opposition from the military. The Crown Prince Sebastian wrote specifically to his father denouncing the bill, and despite widespread support from the court and even the sitting ministers, His Imperial Majesty chose to listen to his son above his court and rejected the proposal.

However, while the bill was not to be made law, Prime Minister Antonio Disraeli agreed that the military needed additional generals, as did his closest competitor Emilio Hernandez de Caviezel. Regardless of who triumphed in the contest, it seemed that both Carrow and Prince Sebastian would be forced to surrender some fragment of their power. In the end, Disraeli proved victorious, enjoying the support of both the military and some nominal support from within the government. His opponent, De Caviezel, withdrew his name from consideration in favor of Disraeli, leaving the Emperor with only one option. Thus, Antonio Disraeli was reappointed as Prime Minister of the Chilean Empire for another term.

Disraeli announced a new cabinet, with all the old faces and some new supporters, and began to draft his plans for the next five years.

Meanwhile, in a nearby base, Antonio de Santa Rosa did the same.

-------------------------

Player Actions Needed:
Nothing yet. I'm going to assume no coup from the outgoing government, so you have an hour or two to declare a coup if you like. After that, I'm posting an update.

((Is Cesar allowed to intervene and decide who gets what amount of divisions? And why would you honestly weaken our most tense border? Wouldn't you want the largest army where we have the most friction with neighbors: Brazil, Peru, Bolivia, and Argentina? Rather than having 2 armies in the exact same place, seeing as how the new army is jut a few provinces south of Carrow's?

And weakening the Imperial Prince, sure looks like you have something hidden up your sleeve.))

Here we can see the Empire's fake "democracy" in action. Only one candidate had any chance of winning, and even if it wasn't so, they both had near identical policies. And thanks to the failed Imperial Army Diversity Act, we can see that in this new empire, the opinion of one Crown Prince is more important then popular support. The military overspending will destroy any attempt to advance Chile economically, and more of Chile's sons will die in the greedy emperor's wars of expansion.

-Abelardo de Vasces

((Is Cesar allowed to intervene and decide who gets what amount of divisions? And why would you honestly weaken our most tense border? Wouldn't you want the largest army where we have the most friction with neighbors: Brazil, Peru, Bolivia, and Argentina? Rather than having 2 armies in the exact same place, seeing as how the new army is jut a few provinces south of Carrow's?

And weakening the Imperial Prince, sure looks like you have something hidden up your sleeve.))

(( I will respond in character ))

My Prince,

It is upon recommendation of your Imperial Father that General Carrow, in recognition for his many years of distinguished service, has been given overall command of the army; and that you have been placed at the head of a faster, more mobile force; the beginnings of a faster and more mobile doctrine of the Imperial armed forces.

If you feel uncomfortable with your current posting securing the northern border, we could oblige you by giving the Army of the South that posting and moving you elsewhere; given the formation of the Army of Patagonia, which is necessary to secure against future Argentine aggression, it does not have to be where the current Army of the South is either.

Where would you like to be posted, my Prince, if you are not yet feeling experienced enough for the duty placed before you?