• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to buy copies of this title, until it becomes profitable.

If I have to spend 30 thousand US dollars to do it, I will.
If I have to spend MORE than 30 thousand US dollars to do it, I'll have to start robbing banks and will likely end up in jail. But damnit, at least I'll try!

P.S. I don't think I'll need to buy more than one.

Hang on now - What does Johan have to do if it dosen't? (It will, actually I think people will buy copies just to see Fredrik as bald as a coot)

How about Johan has to get a Danish flag tatooed on his face?

A World War II first-person shooter, it's where all of the profits are these days.

Nah, it is "Gustav's Hatchet", the Thirty Years War first-person shooter ;)

Play as Gustav, the Warrior King of Sweden as you fight your way through thirty years of blood-soaked European history! From the shores of Pommerania to the battlefields of Bohemia it is a carnival ride of carnage, until you face the Mighty Wallenstein with his laser-beam eyes and missile-launcer arms in a climatic showdown outside Vienna.

Well, I do not think you have to worry about your hair for a while. This game will hardly be profitable :p If it will, then I'll consider posting a picture on me here too (but without changing my hair).

Fair enough. Here's hoping it does make a profit anyway. The small buyer base will mean they could get away with charging 5-10 pounds more than for HOI3, say.

this is very amusing :D, also i think it will do well, the time period is perfect for an open ended strategy game

Somehow I feel going the opposite direction and growing a beard, sideburns and moustache seems like a better admission of defeat to a game on the Victorian age. Nonetheless, Victoria 2 has just turned into a definite buy for me :p

Hey all,

I really like that people are excited that Vic2 is in development. This feels like an interesting and exciting project for all of us, however it is no secret I voted for another project from the Paradox dev team.

Johan assured me our fans want this project, and so did you (forum people) in a poll on this forum.

So in brief; I think this project never will see profit (reason is simple Vic1 was a terrible launch). Johan thinks it will. Johan and his team have the responsibility to create a good game and of course we hope that you will buy it since this was the most voted-for title in our poll.

So, what do I bring to the table except for whining? I have promised the dev team (and checked with my family) that I am shaving my head if this project ever sees profit. AND post pictures of it here in the forum.

We will have a budget meeting in the coming two weeks to see how many units we need to sell to reach our break-even; and keep you posted. Progress reports will follow.

And yes, I am serious. :)

Cheers,
Fred

I too will be buying and am glad that paradox works this way and pays attention to polls. Yay for democracy (or, at least, constitutional monarchy).

I too will be buying and am glad that paradox works this way and pays attention to polls. Yay for democracy (or, at least, constitutional monarchy).

More of a Monarchy with Wealth voting rights, if they don't like the party that gets elected they change the ruling party ;)

Somehow I feel going the opposite direction and growing a beard, sideburns and moustache seems like a better admission of defeat to a game on the Victorian age. Nonetheless, Victoria 2 has just turned into a definite buy for me :p

Acctuley this ! is much better :D

While I wasn't sure before that I'd buy Victoria upon release, I'm sure I will now :D

Oh, I was gonna buy the game anyways....but now I have an even greater incentive to not only grab it but also convince random passerbys that they really need to buy Vicky 2 to make me go away and stop pestering them :)

/me wants to see that head shaven, without having to fiddle in Photoshop.

Hey I like that

a CEO who is not scared of risking his personnal integrity for the success of a new product

Might even set a new precedent

Now if only GM, Porsche etc etc... would do the same...

Man, I want to see Bernanke fully face shaved...

You guys are impressed by a shaved head?

Fredrik should offer to resign as CEO if Vicky2 makes a profit.

:cool:

Hum no

because, even if I have great hopes for a Victoria 2, on the financial side I do agree with him. I'm unsure if victoria 2 is going to appeal much to the masses to the point of making a profit, I doubt it

But hey, I still hope for a very good game, which I'm sure it will be

Status
Not open for further replies.