• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Those options work fine for me in 1500 (though finding someone eligible to be excommunicated is usually a pain in the neck). Are you sure you're still papal controller?

You only get holy war CB if you're an Empire, Defender of the Faith, or next door to heathens.

for me finding someone to exomunicate isnt that painfull, i just check papal state relations and just loock for christina countries with low relations and see if i can exomunicate them, :p

Anyone having problems with the banner icons for Units and Countries? I just installed DW 5.1.
You'll need to read and possibly post in Tech Support or Bug reports. To do that you'll need to register EU3 or EU3:Complete here. If you have tried the latter and it errors, you probably have a code starting with COM from Steam, if so see teh sticky thread on Steam registration problems in this forum - first post there will help you.

I always play Paradox's games in windowed mode. Are you saying that I can no longer do this with the latest version of EU3?

I always play Paradox's games in windowed mode. Are you saying that I can no longer do this with the latest version of EU3?

Yes, you can. Change settings.txt to "fullscreen=no".

Right, I already knew that, that's why I play in windowed mode. :)

What I mean is the quote from Farflamex:
"Firstly, this game needs a supported windowed-mode even more now, since tabbing out and back in again now crashes my game. Meaning I have to play full-screen and if I want to pop in to windows, I have to save/quit then reload. It didn't crash before the patch though."

If I update to this "final" patch, will I have these issues, or can I fix them somehow?

I can tab out of the game, and also play windowed, so I can't really comment on the bug the user ancountered.

I can tab out of the game, and also play windowed, so I can't really comment on the bug the user ancountered.

That's good enough for me. Thank you safferli.

Right, I already knew that, that's why I play in windowed mode. :)

What I mean is the quote from Farflamex:
"Firstly, this game needs a supported windowed-mode even more now, since tabbing out and back in again now crashes my game. Meaning I have to play full-screen and if I want to pop in to windows, I have to save/quit then reload. It didn't crash before the patch though."

If I update to this "final" patch, will I have these issues, or can I fix them somehow?
Just to be clear, the windowed mode isn't officially supported, it's intended for testing and debugging purpose; nothing changed with DW 5.0 or 5.1.

Alright, I got "Could not find Divine Wind installed when I tried to patch it to 5.1 from the launcher. Anyone have any ideas?"

When i get this message i reinstall the game and everything is fixed :)
If you do that, uninstall first completely the game, because the problem comes from a wrong entry or value in the registry.
If the problem persists, please post with details in the Tech Support, where this question belongs. Thanks !

when ever I try to install the update I get a message saying replacing file "access denied" or something along those lines. I noticed whenever I tried to mod the bookmarks file it wouldn't let me save it either, I had to create a new file, and delete the old one entirely. I recently uninstalled the game though, and the first time I had it, I didn't have any problems downloading the update back on the 22nd of July.

Anyone who can help?

You've failed to read the text in the Launcher that tells you to close the Launcher before applying the patch. Windows will not allow a file in use to be overwritten.

Some repair's are here...WOW