• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That's what made my decision. The only problem I have with it in hindsight is that Kriszo thought he was safe. Had he known, he'd have acted differently. I consider it a mistake not to have warned Kriszo that a tie would result in his death, but it never occurred to me until it happened.
That, and it should be clear in the rules. Of course I would have acted very differently had I known I am in real danger. At the very least I could have places my vote somewhere else. I was only concentrating on the fact that as long as there is no total bandwagon, I am safe.

unvote EUROO7
VOTE THE_HDK

wolves before cultists.

That, and it should be clear in the rules. Of course I would have acted very differently had I known I am in real danger. At the very least I could have places my vote somewhere else. I was only concentrating on the fact that as long as there is no total bandwagon, I am safe.

The problem is that I had never seen this before - to my knowledge it has never occurred before. The 50% rule has appeared only in the latter part of my time here and not everyone has used it since it was first proposed. In games it has been used I am not aware of a situation where there were insufficient valid targets in this manner. It never occurred to me - or indeed, anyone - that such a situation would arise. If it had I would have explicitly stated the situation. When it did eventuate it seemed intuitive to me that the answer was that without a valid target and you cannot redirect the lynch. Unfortunately it was only when I elucidated it I realized that if you'd known this you'd have avoided the situation. If I had realized you interpreted the rules differently - which is not unreasonable because they say nothing about the situation - then I suppose I would have leaderlynched Paendrag on the basis that with proper information you'd have put yourself ahead in order to free up a valid candidate.

I am very sorry for this outcome. You have a right to be frustrated by the outcome: I correctly observed the rules, but I had failed to make the rules clear to you, and that's always a bitter pill. I can only apologize; it should be clear from our private correspondence that I was willing to give you every opportunity to use your leaderlynch. In future I suppose the 50% leaderlynch rule needs to explicitly state that in the event of a tie the leader must have enough valid targets to account for all lynches, so that if 2 people are tied, 2 people must be lynched, even if 1 victim is not changed.

The problem is that I had never seen this before - to my knowledge it has never occurred before. The 50% rule has appeared only in the latter part of my time here and not everyone has used it since it was first proposed. In games it has been used I am not aware of a situation where there were insufficient valid targets in this manner. It never occurred to me - or indeed, anyone - that such a situation would arise. If it had I would have explicitly stated the situation. When it did eventuate it seemed intuitive to me that the answer was that without a valid target and you cannot redirect the lynch. Unfortunately it was only when I elucidated it I realized that if you'd known this you'd have avoided the situation. If I had realized you interpreted the rules differently - which is not unreasonable because they say nothing about the situation - then I suppose I would have leaderlynched Paendrag on the basis that with proper information you'd have put yourself ahead in order to free up a valid candidate.

I am very sorry for this outcome. You have a right to be frustrated by the outcome: I correctly observed the rules, but I had failed to make the rules clear to you, and that's always a bitter pill. I can only apologize; it should be clear from our private correspondence that I was willing to give you every opportunity to use your leaderlynch. In future I suppose the 50% leaderlynch rule needs to explicitly state that in the event of a tie the leader must have enough valid targets to account for all lynches, so that if 2 people are tied, 2 people must be lynched, even if 1 victim is not changed.
No problem, I am not angry or anything, it is just that I am sure I am right. I was the one who was killed, though, so I must be biased on the matter.

Cowards. At least you can't say I didn't bloody warn you. I *never* lie about this sort of thing. Except if I'm a baddie :p

@Vain - apologies for first checking my PM's instead of the update.. you know what I speak of.

On the whole this isn't a terrible thing though - I've been very ill this weekend, so not having to catch up to this thread is a good thing ..
I hope you will recover soon.

I hope you will recover soon.

It's just one of those short-lived nasty stomach viruses. In itself not such a big deal, but it took down most of the family simultaneously. When mommy *and* daddy are sick, and the *grandparents* that live in the same house are sick as well, then taking care of the sick daughter and the (luckily not sick) baby gets to be a bit of a challenge..

It's just one of those short-lived nasty stomach viruses. In itself not such a big deal, but it took down most of the family simultaneously. When mommy *and* daddy are sick, and the *grandparents* that live in the same house are sick as well, then taking care of the sick daughter and the (luckily not sick) baby gets to be a bit of a challenge..

Imagine the line for the toilet...

I hope you and your family recover soon, randy!

Sheesh that must be bad. Everyone knows that mothers are made out of cast iron and cannot get sick.

This game is full of lulz.

It's always nice to get instant confirmation that I am totally wrong.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

You know, this could end up being one of the shortest Bigs ever played, considering we started with 31 players. In 4 days of play you bloodlusting monsters have killed 13 players - and that's with 2 no-hunts.

Enkhuush' death was completely preventable :D

Imagine the line for the toilet...

I hope you and your family recover soon, randy!

We have 5 toilets in this house, so we should be fairly safe :p

Sheesh that must be bad. Everyone knows that mothers are made out of cast iron and cannot get sick.

Unfortunately this one isn't ..

vote Suirantes

Classic baddie tell followed up later by one of the last votes for Paendrag. Besides, there are the crazy day 1 tie antics to consider.

But yes, reis and hdk are people to consider as well.

Why should you consider me? Yes, last two days I've been on the wrong side of the vote, and haven't been really playing in my usual stellar level, but I'm in the perhaps not so enviable position of having significantly contributed to lynch Boris and Falc. Which is more than you can claim you did, TNT.

Australia was settled with convicts

Convict Colony
(To the tune of Yellow Submarine)

In the town where I was born, there lived a man who was a thief
And he told me of his life, stealing bread and sh*gging sheep.
So they put him in the nick, and then a magistrate he went to see
He said "put him on a ship, to the convict colony"
You all live in a convict colony, a convict colony, a convict colony
You all live in a convict colony, a convict colony, a convict colony

This. And I think it is traditional to work in ties in all games (for this very reason), I could be wrong though. In my games, leaders can definitely save themselves (or others) in a situation like this.

In some rulesets (AOK's comes to mind) when you have a tie, you can only replace one of the tied guys with another guy not in the tie, preventing the use of the leader trait to prevent ties. I favor that ruling, and thus support Vainglory's call (because he put up a trait list and I'm a man who keeps his word, as everyone in St. Peters may attest).

Nice of him to leave the fucking thing up there for me and make what is already a tedious task more difficult, particularly with the plethora of people who make invalid votes, knowingly apparently, and who can't be stuffed to check who they unvoted in order to place new votes, leaving it to the GM to do their damn work for them.

I left the fornicating thing up there because I was on my phone and couldn't delete it.
But as I'm ASHES in this game, I thought it might be a TEST for you.