• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The description of the trade system sounds absolutely perfect. I always thought trade was where EUIII was weakest, it's wonderful to see it getting a lot of attention. Can you tell us whether river transportation will play a role in determining the path of trade routes?

Sounds amazing, I particularly like the details of the new trade system as it's something I've never gotten much enjoyment out in EU2 and 3. The Article mentions static trade routes, does this mean there is no scope to influence the course of these routes? Would be great if they could be dynamic, responding to geo-politics of the region and the improvements in naval technology.

It is a system that we are still working on, but it is very flexible. If we feel that river provinces are not important enough, we up the value that rivier provinces have for trade power calculation. We can do this with what ever provinces we want to get the effect we need.

I am now officially worried about the Monarch Powers system. Right now it seems as if you should pray to the RNG gods in advance for this game, unless it's not actually as important as I fear it is. Do the MIL/DIP/ADM points accumulate? I hope this gets explained better in the near future.

This sounds incredible. Can it be Q3 2013 already? *goes to update the FactSheet of Doom*

I love the notion of the monarch powers system, though of course implementation remain to be seen. Make monarch stats a whole lot more important.

That was a good article. I especially liked the news about the updated trade system. Can't wait to send my first trade ships to India.

I also like what was said about the map; with more visual information right there on the map. I'm one of those pervs who can take a break and just sit and stare for a long time at the map in Empire TW or Civ4 and just admire the beauty of everything that's going on. CKII did this really well too! So more for Map-Peeping Toms like me is most welcome!

Can't wait.

It's really only been 10 years since Eu1?

Do the MIL/DIP/ADM points accumulate? I hope this gets explained better in the near future.

Yes but there is an upper limit on how many points you can keep stored.

The Monarch system sounds absolutely great - hopefully a realistic and challenging way of limiting the player without pointless restrictions. I'm still very confused by the trade system though - there are trade routes and you send merchants to collect some of the profits being made on them?

the trade and ruler points sound really good, and i suppose the two could intertwine nicely - so say you want to create another naval base by which to exert a stronger influence over a trade route (obviously we dont know specifics) but if its taking you months to accrue enough 'leader points' - "Damn it!".